This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with new router

Discussion in 'Techie Discussion' started by Ormorof, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Ormorof

Ormorof Resident Freddy

ok, ive just got a brand spanking new Netgear DG834GT wireless router to replace my old crappy one.

however i cant connect to the internet on my new one, it gives me this message when i run the test

[​IMG]

is that a problem with my router that i need to sort out?

the router came with the latest firmware thats been released for it so cant even upgrade that :(

2. sibanac

sibanac Fledgling Freddie

seems like dsl connection not beeing established, might help if you said what provider you got

3. Ormorof

Ormorof Resident Freddy

sorry im on 2MB BT Yahoo :p

im thinking it must be my new router since i can use my old router fine, but dont know what it is :(

4. Chilly

Chilly Balls of steel

are you sure you have everything configured correctly?

5. Ormorof

Ormorof Resident Freddy

i dunno, thats my problem really, BT support are about as useful as a duck with no wings, at least the people ive talked to are :(

i really dont have a clue whats wrong with it atm :(

6. Athan

Athan Resident Freddy

Sooooooooo, is there an admin/config page on the old router at all (or, *shudder*, is it actually a DSL modem ?), if so go look up things like VC, login, pass, etc. on that and note them down to make sure they're set correctly on the new one.

-Ath

7. Ormorof

Ormorof Resident Freddy

erm, i dunno why, or how, but the wireless one just started working last night :p

i didnt change any settings, just left them how they were earlier, however the old router has stopped working now :eek7:

oh and the settings were correct i assume, since it works, i had all the VC, login and password info from ISP so i dont think it was that that had caused to problem :p