Help on Subscribing Inside - NTL Users

S

sh33py

Originally posted by Nivellen
Yes it worked for me indeed! But AAAAH now it says that i should return in 3 hours to pay for it, and 9 hours already passed, I have no idea what to do!

Same.. sigh :(

K

Kaomond

Yup, Robin is an ex-ntl engineer and really knows his stuff, theres some very good advice and utils on that site

O

ormorof

Originally posted by n3wbie
if changing proxy doesnt work -

when you click account or what ever and it says not available, in the address bar delete everything after

https://billing.camelot-europe.com/

or alternatively, just click that above link till it works :)
only neede to do it 3 times

fs i get under maintenance when i put my login stuff in

holy crap it worked :clap:

kinda makes sense too, i must have been refreshing the error page all the time :ROFLMAO:

S

sh33py

Anyone actually got past the "Wait 3 hours" crap?

Been waiting about 24 hrs :(

K

Kaomond

Originally posted by erol
LOL, this is still completely and utterly Goa's fault.

But it just goes to show that they know even less than most of us when it comes to websites and Ip addresses. Having to change your proxy address so you can access one of their pages, and then they even post this BW thread on their site, what a bunch of losers!

Seriously, Pisshole and Brewery are two words that spring to mind. :cheers:

I mean if they can't even sort out their website with the correct DNS entries, then what hope have we got with the secure game servers and any other development.

I am just left with one remaining question "Why Mythic? Why did you give DAoC to Gao?"

I bet ya any money they wont do the same with Imperator! :kissit:

Well at least it proves they actually read our forums and cared enough to post it on the site so that all those who dont subscribe here can find out about it :p

still think youre right though, my analogy is - can't organise a prostitute in a brothel :p

S

Speedr

Ok, this is REALLY pissing me off right now.... been getting THAT 3 hour msg since yesterday and STILL cannot bloody pay for the subs.

I like the whole idea lots of you are using proxies to access and pay, but i play from a cyber cafe here in Dublin, therefore i cant change no proxies so i am generally fucked, and i aint even played DAOC in 4 weeks so i am totally pissed with GOA atm :mgwhore: does ANYONE have a solution for people like me who can ONLY play from a net cafe ?? suggestions are more than welcome ppl :)

K

krill

uhm first i could enter the account section and got the 3 hours waiting message, couldn't pay..
was about to check if i would be able to pay today then i got the "Subscription pages are under maintenance" message. >.<

S

SuperZwerver

I get that message too every time I try to login. I don't even know what it means. Does it mean that there are to many people in the billing system or is the site just broken?
And why does the site turn french when you get to the login place?!

PLZ someone tell me!!:(

S

Speedr

erm.. my little whine there seems to have worked lol.. i have logged into camelot as i type here adn all seems well lol :D

It seems that a little whine helps us all :clap:

B

Bladelore

how do ya change ur ntl proxy settings? any advice pls im a noob

N

Nivellen

Thank you Ezenden - I owe you!! After A LOT of fiddling around with my proxy setting I actually managed to connect and today even managed to renew!! You are the *bomb*!
:bazbeer:

I put a proxy from http://www.openproxies.com into my internet explorer - in the HTTP and Secure (HTTPS) sections then cleared internet temp files, cookies, etc - restarted the computer and ***presto*** it worked. Tho some of the proxy servers didn't work, some did.

K

kemor

Evening fellas.

Just a quick word about the 3 hours thing (think we told that in a previous news already).
If you get the message, it usually means that there is something wrong between bibit (the company handling the payment process for GOA) and your bank. Could be many things like your credit card not being valid, your bank not accepting the bibit check-up, the connection between bibit and your bank not being done correctly, etc...
The 3 hours period is to allow bibit to investigate and prevent some possible CC abuse.

To avoid just getting this all the time, here's the advices:
- Be 100% sure not to press "back" button during the subscription, it "may" seems that you are still doing just fine, but your connection to the subscription process might be lost. If you made a mistake at some point, start again from the beginning by clicking on the "account page" link.
- Be sure to triple check the bank information you are providing, it's easy to mis-type something. Also be sure to let the process go by itself, don't try and press refresh or something, just let it go.
- If you are sure that you entered the correct CC informations, then it might be a problem with your CC directly. It happens sometimes with some banks, can't do much about it sadly. Wait the 3 hours (bit more to be safe) and try again once, but if you get the same message again, then try with another CC (parents, friend, etc), because your CC will probably not pass through for now.
- If you get the "wait 3 hours" message at some point, wait. Trying again or spamming the thing will not work. Wait some hours (more than 3 to be safe), relax (if you can) and try again...
- If everything else fails, well then, contact subscription@goa.com. They will be able to track the process and see where it went wrong and why. This takes a while as you can imagine so use it only after you made sure that it's REALLY not working.

Not many players are affected by this (we keeping track of that) but I know it can be stressing to get it.

K.
/Signing off

S

speshneeds

ntl users - anyone actually told ntl that you have proxy problems? occurs to me that if there is a problem and you specify a proxy then they aint gonna know.

also on a sidenote - if you are specifying a proxy make sure its in your area, being in glasgow and specifying a cardiff proxy not gonna do you any favours in the long run

D

Dudette

hmm

this really sucks, im on broadband and i have been trying to connect since yesterday night, i dunno why the ass of a thingy aint wokrin, can anone explain how to help me please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom