Help on Subscribing Inside - NTL Users

E

Ezenden

Help on Subscribing Inside - NTL/Blueyonder Users

I dont know if this is the reason (it may just be coincidence), but here goes....

I've been trying constantly for the past two days to re-subscribe.
As my NTL broadband connection has been going pretty slowly and some pages not loading at all recently, i decided to change my proxy settings.

So i changed my proxy to one on the list here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/trancache.html#ntl

Then, striaght away i tried to resubscribe to DAoC. After the first time i got to the login screen...IT WORKED! And i got to the account section, and i just subscribed.

So for anyone on NTL broadband, it might be an idea to fiddle with your proxy settings using the ones from the link above.

Really hope this helps.

For anyone not on NTL, try some web proxies listed here: http://www.openproxies.com

E

Ezenden

I'm now successfully logging in every time.

P

pitspawn

You sir, are the bomb.

Also i take back everything i ever said about GOA.
NTL suck! :p

MEH ACCOUNTS ARE BACK MWUAHAH.

E

Ezenden

pitspawn, glad i could help :)

For those on Blueyonder, it might be an idea to try and change your proxy settings aswell. Theres a list of Blueyonder proxy servers on the same link.

D

Dherkova

Now i'm pretty sure my problem is the same u got before. But mine is even worse now, my ISP uses a transparent-cache too, but it doens't let me configure it at all. It's automatic, so there's no way i can change/disable it :/

S

Starman

Blueyonder disabled their transparent-caching many months ago.

D

Dherkova

Yes, i've almost tryed everything there. Will keep looking at it tho, maybe i missed something

O

oogster

BLueyonder Users

For Blueyonder Users: (Scotland)

Put this in the proxy settings:

Go to tools, Internet Options, Connections then go to LAN settings.

Put the following address in the area for proxy servers:

webcache.blueyonder.co.uk

and use port

Once I had done this I Was able to access the sub pages no problem and now get in every time.

If that address doesn't work try some of the others from the above posted link:

A

angra-mainyu

ffs I spent the best part of 3 days refreshing the damn window and no luck at all.

changed the blueyonder proxy settings it worked frst time.

Cannot believe I wasted all that time when all it took was a few seconds to fix things.

In all sincerity thanks a bloody lot to Ezenden & oogster
. Was starting to think it was something like that but didnt know where to start.

:clap:

L

_liam_

do u think changing some settings on the bt brouadband could work too???

L

luribeauty

well there is something wrong with bt.im a bt broadband user and cant access the subs page so i used my m8's comp which is on ntl and it worked fine but would still like to get it working in the future.nice to see they gave me a free month. :)

P

pihlss

Re: Help on Subscribing Inside - NTL/Blueyonder Users

Originally posted by Ezenden
I dont know if this is the reason (it may just be coincidence), but here goes....

I've been trying constantly for the past two days to re-subscribe.
As my NTL broadband connection has been going pretty slowly and some pages not loading at all recently, i decided to change my proxy settings.

So i changed my proxy to one on the list here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/trancache.html#ntl

Then, striaght away i tried to resubscribe to DAoC. After the first time i got to the login screen...IT WORKED! And i got to the account section, and i just subscribed.

So for anyone on NTL broadband, it might be an idea to fiddle with your proxy settings using the ones from the link above.

Really hope this helps.

a very good tips there !

I can say too our swedish players if they have Felia/Telia you could test to inactive the proxy server as Telia are planning to retire the proxy server and not update the info on the server any more

F

freeq

dude you are a fuckin genius!!!!!!!!!!!

bow down before him! i'm in baby yeah!!!!!!

M

m1nd

thread is famous now!
I'm not british, I have no NTL connection, I suck. bah!

A

ayumi-x

Meh, I'm on NTL and I didn't need to change mine to get in today :\

D

Dair

ok daft girly question :0

how what when

I can't find proxy settings for Pipex - probably just being a fool

followed by no idea what to do with them once I actually find one

- can't get into subs page at all

E

Ezenden

Originally posted by Dair
ok daft girly question :0

how what when

I can't find proxy settings for Pipex - probably just being a fool

followed by no idea what to do with them once I actually find one

- can't get into subs page at all

Take a random ip from openproxies.com (try different ones if one doesnt work) and then follow these instructions: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/trancache.html#iew

Infact, i've found some pipex proxies:

hail.pipex.net - port: 3128
haar.pipex.net - port 3128
mist.pipex.net - port:3128
webcache3.pipex.net - port: 3128
webcache4.pipex.net - port: 3128
webcache.dial.pipex.com - port: 3128

So try them first, before trying openproxies.com.

N

Nivellen

And what should I do if I'm browsing from Poland? I've tried openproxies.com and already about 4 proxy servers multiple times and everytime got the "unavailable" message when I tried to login, same goes for my regular connection.

U

Urgat Rip-Eye

Grrr

On bt broadband here.

Still getting the busy screen when i click the account link.

Dont even get chance to enter sub details.

This cant be right... it can't be busy every second of every day...

Tried some proxys from the web... no joy.

<---- sad now. :(

L

lapinkulta

Im a silly twit who needs to mind my language.

R

red_dog

Just want to say 'blimey, it works!' And the added public service announcement from GOA _might_ gain them some brownie points.

But obviously not with the people who hate them with such a passion that there is nothing they could ever do to redeem themselves...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom