Help on Subscribing Inside - NTL Users

J

jagha

i'm on NTL cable and have had no luck whatsoever in trying to register the game.

(i've only just bought it and tbf, i am a little pissed of with the "situation" i've kinda stubled upon!) :(

is it likely that i gotta do some stuff with proxies to get it working, or is that just for broadband only.

i'm begind a Netgear Firewall Router Thingy, could this also be causing problems withe the registration page??

as far as i'm concerned i'm just desperate to actually see wot the game is like..

any help is appreciated..TIA

Crutch

V

vivacelilp

Gah any ports for Tiscali users , tried the open proxy ones but seams to have no effect.. doing something i think :-P

D

Dherkova

anyone know anything that will work with bt?

Have u tried with:
for example, UK users might try webcache.bt.net on port 8080

U

Urgat Rip-Eye

Update

BT broadband.

Update...

Without changing anything, i can now "sometimes" get to the page to input my sub log, and sub PW.

Upon submitting them. I get the maintenence message... everytime.

<sigh>

G

gingger

OMFG - Thankyou

I'm with BT openworld and even worse I was only ever getting CANNOT FIND SERVER messages. Attempted from work and got the retry page so though it might be my connecton (I HATE BT OPENWORLD).

I saw this thread and buggered about with my proxy setting - picked a random one and hey presto (a bit slow but i still loved it) I got the please retry screen :), after 2nd spam of F5 got straight in. Fantastic, if anyone else is interested and is a BT Openworld user please try this setting - it worked for me.

Proxy = 148.223.74.60 Port 80

Quite slow but functional and I just changed back to auto detect afterwards.

Just shows you that BT is shite, a mamouth shite but still shite.... ... the bastards!!!!

U

Urgat Rip-Eye

!!!!

Have u tried with:

Holy **** that worked first time.

thankyouthankyouthankyou

Ill have your babies.

BT users.... try that advice now.

P

psyke

This message is really starting to get on my nerves ....

Subscription pages are under maintenance, they will be available soon as possible.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

.... FFS

L

_liam_

the bt one doesn't seem to work for me mabey it's the fact that i have to use netscape???(my internaet explore got bugged a year back)

B

Breni

Originally posted by _liam_
the bt one doesn't seem to work for me mabey it's the fact that i have to use netscape???(my internaet explore got bugged a year back)

Get Opera, it's superior in every way :)

BT Webcache worked first time for me! :clap:

L

luribeauty

Originally posted by Dherkova
Have u tried with:
it didnt work for me but eventually got on the normal way but wont now but im not to bothered as i have updated my accounts anyway and im sure things will go back to normal soon.gl for them still trying to get on the subs page u will need it.

L

_liam_

just got opera and tryed it still no luck =[ mabey it's the way i'm setting it up i go to my internet options and do the settings and copy the adress and port into the box and select ok is this the correct way??

B

bob007

Most of you are still having problems just coz there is a problem at that time. Some basic stuff.

What does a proxy do?
A proxy stores frequently accessed web pages. When the page is accessed subsequently, the proxy serves the page, rather than retreiving the page from the host web server. This reduces Internet traffic and theoretically increases speed of response. It also means that pages can be up to several hours out of date; a problem with frequently updated pages.
Stolen from somewere :)

Clear your stored pages a lot, Reboot to clear temp caches, Remove temp internet files before you try log in, All these above will apear to have the same effect as changing your proxies, but in short they only do what you tell em to do. Getting all your temp internet files removed and even a full reboot for good measure will greatly increase your chances if theres no fault at other end.

For them that wish to play with proxies, try link below :)

http://tools.rosinstrument.com/proxy/

O

old.shotgunstow

:clap:

Ezenden, you rock :) I found one that works for BT. :D

works for me anyway. Altho it's fecking slow so I changed it back as soon as I got the sub page open.

T

tris-

if changing proxy doesnt work -

when you click account or what ever and it says not available, in the address bar delete everything after

https://billing.camelot-europe.com/

or alternatively, just click that above link till it works :)
only neede to do it 3 times

fs i get under maintenance when i put my login stuff in

N

Nme`

ER another stupid question :S ... i cant get on sub page .. on blueyonder broadband etc :p but wtf i gotta do to make it work with this proxy stuff ( yes .. im a nub ) :p

T

tris-

they must be breaking the law if they are not giving me the chance to decide that they cant take monery from my account? they already took money from me when i had no way to stop them.

J

jagha

Think i may've figured it out.

I've now got 100% success.

Get the appropriate proxy and put it for both HTTP and HTTPS.

i've been try to register the game cos i just got it, and am pretty much there.

one question tho, wen u press the VALIDATE button once all details are entered, is it supposed to go to anuvva page or just sit there being a turd. its pissing me off.

i've entered everything (CD Keys and address etc), but i dunno whether all i can do now is just sit and wait 4 an e-mail cos it dont say anything..is it supposed to??

Crutch

L

legaoniel.old

pipex

Pipex proxy server:

webcache.dial.pipex.com
Port: 3128

B

badtemper

Woohoo!

Mine works now as well :)

Dutch ADSL user, Zonnet provider; I used 66.92.80.146 and port 3128. Instant success! Give this man a prize :)

L

_liam_

after all trys i gave and just went round my friends house whos on cable and signed up =D

N

Nivellen

Yes it worked for me indeed! But AAAAH now it says that i should return in 3 hours to pay for it, and 9 hours already passed, I have no idea what to do!

D

drohagan

Originally posted by Nivellen
Yes it worked for me indeed! But AAAAH now it says that i should return in 3 hours to pay for it, and 9 hours already passed, I have no idea what to do!

Same thing for me mate... been waiting 14 hours, still cant re-subscribe:((

S

snodge

Remember to tell Internet Exploder to check for a new vesion of the page every time too. I would also say use a decent browser, but the idiots at GOA use non compliant web standards for their web design, so it ONLY works in IE. Which sucks, and they should be shot for such amateur work.

But yeah, check for a new version of the page every time, that may help and it good practice anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom