Hellenic Legacy and Chaos Theory...

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thorwyntf

I don´t quite get what´s so funny about winding up and annoying random people, but I guess that´s one of the "different strokes for different folks" situations and pretty pointless to argue about. It´s plain hedonism and you can´t argue hedonism.
The real dissapointing part of your argumentation, ToKE, is the "Hey, it´s a game! No bones broken!" part. I mean... comon.. that´s not even a semi-argument. This is a one-for-all, universal fire and forget argument. Kinda reminds me of the smart bomb in one of those shoot´em up arcade games from the eighties. If you can´t find a better solution, hit the button and wipe the screen.
I wanted to have fun and annopyed 50 people in DF for 30 minutes, but hey! It´s just a game!
I hacked your computer, sold your items and called your GM a retarded Wolpertinger, but hey! It´s just a game.
I launched a DOS attack on GOA servers, but hey! It´s just a game.
I robbed a bank, but hey! It´s just a toy pistol.
You can justify and legalise everything with this argument. The fact, that DAOC is a game doesn´t mean there are no rules to follow IMHO. Uh Oh! Net lingo, sorry! And look, that´s another thing I don´t get in your argumentation. You´re expecting people to respect your way of playing DAOC and accept when you´r having fun on their expenses. And then, at the same time, you´re trying to tell people how to communicate and how to speak properly on BW boards...where´s the tolerance that you´re expecting from others? Hey, it´s just a forum. No bones broken!
:)

Thorwyn
Gm
<Blade&Quill>
50Pally
4x Sorc
3xScout
24Wiz

S

Stormm

Originally posted by Sissyfoo
I don't think you guys have gotten the point of this whole thread. How can you call yourselves the 'light relief of Cumalot' when hardly anyone finds you remotely amusing and your guild is regarded as being full of idiotic, pie eating, English twats?

You keep saying that this is a game and we should all chill out etc etc. but how are people supposed to lie back and chill when you have purposely set out to piss them all off by killing the merchants that they needed to interact with?

I agree with you in some respects that there are a few lvl 50 players who have crossed the line from 'playing for fun' to 'must win and fuck anyone who gets in my way' but your actions on Sunday night weren't much different. ;)

spot on.

O

old.Dhrun

My English owns that of anyone from Chaos Theory. And I'm French. And I'm not a twat. And, surprisingly, I'm less arrogant than they are, and considerably less conceited!

You may be a little absent minded however Landshark, since you completely forgot to mention how modest you are as well!

O

old.Fangrim

Oh my... Seems like someone in CT got hurt here... Sorry for hurting you guys on the weight issue. Weight is a heavy subject, and it seems that it comes down hard on you guys. My sincere apologies for using that childish argument to annoy you. I think I will go eat with that silver spoon of mine so that I can truly realise what it means to you guys. In a few months and 150 pounds later, I'll post pics of myself, and you can all flame me and hurt my feelings.

I am also truly sorry for me missing the point about this being only a game. I have thought for months that this was real life, and that somewhere in Emain, Santa was handing out free items. I see now that I was mistaken.

I must also admit that you CT guys spend a hell of a lot of time screaming about the fact that this is only a game, and as such it cannot bother you that people get angry at you. Well - this being only a game, why don't you just stay offline - you obviously don't need this game to be entertained, unlike the rest of us losers.

And yes, the people of Albion is whiny. That's just us, and I sincerely hope that you will learn to respect us in the same way that we respect you. If you don't like our respect, I suggest you guys delete your characters, and start on Hibernia or Midgard - seems like you'd be a lot happier there, as they would appreciate your subtle form of humour.

Looking back at it, I wish I was a part of your guild, but I now fear that by crossing you, I don't have many chances of joining up. I would love to have the same kind of fun as you guys. I'm tired of sitting on my high pedestal, looking down at you, because as you said, I am the child here, while you are full-grown adults with a life and humour. I want to be like that - I'm tired of being just another whiny Alb, playing this game way too serious. I want to play for fun from now on. I want to be grown-up. I am tired of my image. Please - let me join your Brotherhood of Adults. Teach me how to be a Real Man, because that's what you are, and I'm not.

I feel like a n008 now... You hurt my feelings, and I hope that, in time, I will be able to learn from this. But as of now, I'm gonna go eat lard with my silver spoon. Bye.

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by old.Dhrun

You may be a little absent minded however Landshark, since you completely forgot to mention how modest you are as well!

Dhrun, meet irony. Irony, this is Dhrun. Be gentle with him.

A

Apathy

icon82.gif

I love Landshark THIS much.

a.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Re: The french

Originally posted by [CT] Clone
I hate the french more than the americans!!

<snip>

Mmm...you have done so well to prove that the image of your guild being populated by idiotic, pie eating, English morons was erroneous. Bravo. ~rolls eyes~

B

Brinx

Deleted various 'posts' by [CT] Clone that aren't wanted or even vaguely suitable here on the last page. I think 6 pages is well enough for this somehow :) Closing to stop it carrying on as an attention seeking attempt.

Ta ta,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread