[HBO] The Newsroom

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Probably slammed it due to any suggestion that the Us isn't perfect ;)

Looks interesting, relies heavily on the lead being interesting though, which it does look like. The show needs balls though, big ones, to really go overboard at times.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I havn't seen it yet - but going on the wire, the sopranos, game of thrones etc :p It would be harsh not to give it a chance.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Will watch it tonight. Trailer convinced me to DL episode 1 at least.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Will download the first episode and give it a try.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
It definitely has that Sorkin touch, smart, well written, often bordering on pretentiousness and typically well acted. Unlike the West Wing though I'm not instantly hooked on the cast. Apart from Jeff Daniels no one really stands out so far.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
7 minutes in. I can see why it got panned by critics. Sums up America pretty well :p

ECA

I am a FH squatter
7 minutes in. I can see why it got panned by critics. Sums up America pretty well :p

Obv, the right and left leaning critics probably got their panties in a twist - feedback I've seen so far has only been positive from non fucktards who've actually seen it.

I'll add my own views when i finished watching it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I enjoyed that first episode a lot.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Just finished it and I have to say I don't see the critics problem at all I really enjoyed it. It got some things about working in a newsroom very right and some not so right but it was really enjoyable I thought.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Watched and enjoyed - the rest of the cast were better than the lead I felt but I'll give it a shot this season.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Good, solid, nice characters and not too much of the usual boring non-relevant character building. Everything tied nicely in to the premise. Would rate it as good as house by first episode opinion.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Bollox without good character building how can you be vested in anything any character does?

Lakih

Resident Freddy
I enjoyed the first episode, can't really see how it will work for a full season... could get very repetitive. Will give it a few more eps before i descide :)

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Fair enough, I heared enough. FH enjoys it, so will I!

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I saw it last night, was very good if very implausible. Looking forward to next weeks episode.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Bollox without good character building how can you be vested in anything any character does?

Bad wording by me, by non-relevant i mean not in the context of the show, or those "lets sit in this characters house for 15 minutes of the show talking about feelings" that pester many sameframe shows.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
My computer just finished downloading it. Only took a day-and-a-half!

I'm pretty sure my Spectrum 128 was faster...

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Just finished watching it, and I gotta say I quite enjoyed it. Not sure how much legs its got, but will certainly watch the next one.

How much are news anchors in the States paid?

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Just finished watching it, and I gotta say I quite enjoyed it. Not sure how much legs its got, but will certainly watch the next one.

How much are news anchors in the States paid?
My Boss is on about 3 Million a year. But he probably makes another 3-5 mill a year in Book Deals/appearances and owning a share in the company.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
My Boss is on about 3 Million a year. But he probably makes another 3-5 mill a year in Book Deals/appearances and owning a share in the company but he spends most of it on underage rentboys!

Ediited for clarity. :p

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
You make your own call on that...

lehrer.jpg

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Does he have a peadobear outfit for weekends?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom