have they raised the population cap yet on...

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi all

Anyone know if they have raised the population cap on "karak eight peak"

Is it at max if so it would be nice to know as there is noway i want to wait 1 hour+ everytime i want to log on or switch chars.

So at least i can make plans to move with friends to another server

ileks

Part of the furniture
I would also like to know if there are actually any plans to increase server caps! Queues are really driving me mad atm.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Time to remove or up the cap..i sure aint gonna spend an hour in a Q everytime i want to play.

advocacy

Fledgling Freddie
then play another server. honestly qqing about queues to play doesnt help anyone

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
then play another server. honestly qqing about queues to play doesnt help anyone

Your one of the idiots the forums dont need . How can i move server when im playing with ppl ive played with for 6 + years does the whole server move.

and then get the same problem where we move to. now do us all a favor and crawl back into your hole.

If you have no info dont bother posting your just being a troll

Lexican

Fledgling Freddie
I would like to know if the caps are still on or if they have any way coming in place to stop people making new chars on full servers cause im well pissed off about the queues for destruction i could roll order but then none of my mates would and i would be very lonely but what goa could do is make more new servers and balance out players to the new servers

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
40 min - 1 hour, queue on eight peaks, i am glad the server is busy, just that waiting an hour just to get a CTD or wanting to level another class on the server is not really making me want to play :-(

queues make baby jebus cry :(

:m00:

ECA

I am a FH squatter
So hows that whole server zerg thing working out for you?

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
So hows that whole server zerg thing working out for you?

cant see the zerg for the lag :) although its a bit like oldschool daoc when all of a sudden yo get lag you know you have inc :)

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
I have changed server 3 times now to lower pop servers the last one was at med and now it has q's so you cant avoid the q's unless you play order I even tried that but didnt like the classes.

Spankya

Fledgling Freddie
It is annoying that so many servers have such huge queues. Hopefully they will raise the cap or open more servers and allow free transfers.

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
this queue shit is a joke.

Just spent 50 mins queuing to get on a serverm finally get in and then someone sends me an MSN message which causes the game to minimise.. when I maximise i'm met with the black screen and nothing else.

Close the game, log back in and yay another 50 mins wait......

They need to design some sort of timeout for accounts that do not log out properly, if an account disconnects they should be able to reconnect within 5 mins and bypass all this queue crap.

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
Just spent 50 mins queuing to get on a serverm finally get in and then someone sends me an MSN message which causes the game to minimise.. when I maximise i'm met with the black screen and nothing else.

I disable everything I can, as it does indeed suck to get an MSN message and having to relog...

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
think ill give up with the game..

Was down stairs making a cup of tea when it would seem I missed my slot and how have to queue for 36 mins again.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
join the club, cant login due to queues and CTD, really negates having a headstart....

Kremlik

Fledgling Freddie
The issue is the game needs to be balanced both sides, it's not Mythic or GoA's falut theres a 30/70 spilt towards destro, if it was allowed for the masses to not que then Order would be perma zerged and always lose thus switch sides or give up, then we'll have no Order and the game would become pointless..

If you want ques to go away encourage more players to roll Order :) theres more RVR this side

pez

Can't get enough of FH
This isn't about balance!!!!!

Screw balance between the realms and balanced populations across all servers, I want to play on the most full server!!!

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
the queing while annoying wouldnt be a HUGE problem if it didnt..

1) ctd after waiting for 50 mins
2) Log you out and make you queue for another 50 mins if you are not at your computer when you finally get on the server (it logs you out 15 seconds after loggin in if you do not move).
3) Make you queue again after a CTD

So far I have had a total of about 2H 30mins queue time and 20 mins worth of play time (yes I CTD after 20 mins).

Finally had enough and am going out to drown my sorrows :)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
well, maybe the headstart isn`t as big an advantage that everyone thought it would be ??

no but some people paid a premium with CE's and preorders for a head start, you can reroll on another server, but then again all that effort you put i on headstart will be gone.

My Gimpy magnus is still only level 14, would love to level him up, but queueing for an hour, is a bit soul destroying (pardon the pun!)

Zagzyg

Loyal Freddie
think ill give up with the game..

Was down stairs making a cup of tea when it would seem I missed my slot and how have to queue for 36 mins again.
I have found that the afk timer to auto-log you out starts running while you queue. If you don't touch anything, when you finally get to the front of the queue and log in, it immediately does the 20 seconds and logout again.
If you immediately press play again, it seems to go straight in, otherwise you're back in the queue.

Also for the MSN problem, try running in windowed mode at the same size as your desktop, uncheck fullscreen and frame. Works just like full screen, but without the nasty minimising habit. Works well for me on dual screens.

Lookdaddy

One of Freddy's beloved
Tbh, 1hour+ queue to get onto the server is a total piss take!

Wont take long for ppl to stop playing with such long queues imho!

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Wont take long for ppl to stop playing with such long queues imho!

surely the sooner the better then?

At the moment everyone is complaining about the queues, but no one willing to move to Order, or change server. Like it was said above its not goa/mythics fault...

Mythic already introduced the server cloning and no one is willing to move to the cloned server, so they have 1 overpopulated server and 1 empty server...win!

Zagzyg

Loyal Freddie
At the moment everyone is complaining about the queues, but no one willing to move to Order, or change server. Like it was said above its not goa/mythics fault...
People keep talking like moving servers is some sort of solution. Trying to organise an entire guild to move is not easy, and probably impossible given a weeks worth of gaming has already gone into characters and the guild.

Mythic has played big on their DAoC card, so hardly surprising that there are large social groups that want to stay together, or stay enemies.

I thought cloning servers was a pretty good idea, and I hadn't heard that it wasn't working. That may make some sense as to why GOA haven't done any here yet, but they better come up with some solution soon, free server transfers at the very least, or buy some bigger servers.

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
if they cloned the servers here I would jump at the chance of going to a server with no q if it ment I could keep my char and still play the destruction proff's that I find more fun.

but some1 above said the que is because of ballence it isnt actualy. it seems they split the server cap down the midle so both side havve thier own server cap. so they could open up the server cap as it would also increase the cap on the order side.

but realy this is like wow if one side has more players than the other there is little that can be done to ballence it. the differance is in wow the allience outnumberd the horde 2:1 so were always winning the fights but the battle grounds horde nearly always wona s the fight was fair. the fact is unless your playing on a open RvR server side ballence isnt realy a issue as the battle grounds are always ballenced.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I have found that the afk timer to auto-log you out starts running while you queue. If you don't touch anything, when you finally get to the front of the queue and log in, it immediately does the 20 seconds and logout again.
If you immediately press play again, it seems to go straight in, otherwise you're back in the queue.

Hehe thats happened to me a few times. I found I could get around it by clicking settings and not changing anything, or doing anything that causes the AFK timer to reset. Or at least it seems to work. I may have misinterpreted the symptoms and its something else entirely.

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
surely the sooner the better then?

Mythic already introduced the server cloning and no one is willing to move to the cloned server, so they have 1 overpopulated server and 1 empty server...win!

ah right, so I should drop the toon I have been playing for a week, forget all the effort I have put into lvling it, forget all the people I have met through teaming up and just start a brand new character on a different server.

yeah great Idea....

yes it is GOA/Mythics fault, the pop caps on the servers have not yet been increased to their capacity, and yes they can lock a server/faction so no more accounts can be made.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
ah right, so I should drop the toon I have been playing for a week, forget all the effort I have put into lvling it, forget all the people I have met through teaming up and just start a brand new character on a different server.

yeah great Idea....

yes it is GOA/Mythics fault, the pop caps on the servers have not yet been increased to their capacity, and yes they can lock a server/faction so no more accounts can be made.

I fully understand what you are saying, but your options are either queue or move. There's no reason to lock the servers, other people have just as much right to play where they chose as you do.

Just think, if they introduce server transfer or cloning you can keep that whole weeks worth of time and start fresh elsewhere without the queues!

Also, about the server caps, I thought the plan was to raise them to maximum for release day, so surely this has been done already?

I'd say the only thing that is GOAs fault is not releasing enough servers on headstart launch to spread the population, however that is done so cannot be changed, no one forced everyone to roll on eight peaks, and no one is forcing them to stay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom