Halo 3

Opt1

Fledgling Freddie
Finished singleplayer yesterday.. tbh, what a load of wank.

They really put a lot of thought into the campaign, esp. the last boss fight ;) What a joke.

Am sure its more fun coop and the multiplayer is no doubt good, but I'm a little irritated at all the review sites jumping on the bandwagon and harping on about what is in fact a pretty darn average singleplayer campaign. It doesn't deserve the scores its been given, nor all the hype, nor all the people going "OMFG GAME OF TEH Y3AR!".

/grump :)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
agree with the above, the latter flood maps were meh, the very last level i thought was very piss poor for what it was.

also dont know if its just me but did some of you guys notice that some cut scenes had a painted canvas as background with ships flying about? seemed preety poor to me that

Yaka

Part of the furniture
jesus, hal3 legendary boxsets are going for 90 -100 mark
just saw one auction for the helmet alone got beyond 160. there are some stupid peeps on ebay these days

Opt1

Fledgling Freddie
But its a bit poo? :S

Am guessing you're talking about the multiplayer.. there just doesn't seem to be very much to it..

Also, Forge.. what a load of tosh? Where's the fun in dropping a limited number of vehicles/weapons/barrels onto a map? Am I missing something? :S

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Possibly the most over hyped pile of poop in the history of gaming

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
bah, all topics are getting filled with "that/this game is shit". Im getting so tired of it, as people doesn't have anything constructive to say. I might aswell just stop posting here, as there's nothing interesting.

Aada

Part of the furniture
But its a bit poo? :S

Am guessing you're talking about the multiplayer.. there just doesn't seem to be very much to it..

Also, Forge.. what a load of tosh? Where's the fun in dropping a limited number of vehicles/weapons/barrels onto a map? Am I missing something? :S

Not sure what you mean but not much too it?

Sounds like your one of the players who played and got owned so many times you stopped playing and said there aint much too it.

There is more in this game then most out there.

Opt1

Fledgling Freddie
Roffle, no I've played it online a few times and it seemed nothing special but mostly offline with 4 or so mates. Its initially fun for 30 mins or so but quickly loses its appeal..

If I'm crap, I know I'm crap and I'm happy to admit it - but a game having little to make it special I am also happy to admit :p

What is there to it exactly that hasn't been done better elsewhere? Or isn't the same as H1/2? :S

I don't know.. perhaps my standards are too high after playing the UTs and CS on the PC for years :S

Wonk - stay away from Halo 3 threads and its fine :)

DMC4 and Turok soon :D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
bah, all topics are getting filled with "that/this game is shit". Im getting so tired of it, as people doesn't have anything constructive to say. I might aswell just stop posting here, as there's nothing interesting.

Why should we accept sub-standard games? Infact why accept anything but grade A games when we pay so much for them?

The point of threads like these is not just so people can go on and on about how great they think the game is, it is so people who have not bought it yet get a fair and balanced review of the game that is not paid for by the publishers.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Roffle, no I've played it online a few times and it seemed nothing special but mostly offline with 4 or so mates. Its initially fun for 30 mins or so but quickly loses its appeal..

If I'm crap, I know I'm crap and I'm happy to admit it - but a game having little to make it special I am also happy to admit :p

What is there to it exactly that hasn't been done better elsewhere? Or isn't the same as H1/2? :S

I don't know.. perhaps my standards are too high after playing the UTs and CS on the PC for years :S

Wonk - stay away from Halo 3 threads and its fine :)

DMC4 and Turok soon :D

omg split screen play? probably killed any enjoyment you might have had for the game anyway.

COD4 owns this online though,

Opt1

Fledgling Freddie
Split screen play is what got me into console gaming in the first place years ago.

There's nothing like having a laugh with mates.. I much prefer it to Live.

Live has, unfortunately, meant devs neglect a lot of offline multiplayer aspects, let alone improving them, which is a shame.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Split Screen is so good on Halo 3, hate the fact the SP is 2-player only but the MP is pretty good, my mates and I had great fun on 4-player deathmatch and CTF, its great playing MP and not have some annoying American Teenagers shout abuse and run around in circles as they fail to try to play the game.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Why should we accept sub-standard games? Infact why accept anything but grade A games when we pay so much for them?

The point of threads like these is not just so people can go on and on about how great they think the game is, it is so people who have not bought it yet get a fair and balanced review of the game that is not paid for by the publishers.

As I pointed out in my other post - I dont mind if people doesn't like a certain game, but keep the posts constructive. Im so tired of those "omigod this game suxx" comments.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
you got to think a lot more into it than 'it sucks' etc..sure, i didnt touch the single player campaign by myself, i thought it was a bit poop..but with a few drinks and my mate we really enjoyed playing through together- and how many games offer co-op really..barely any. the online mode is also great fun for a couple of players from the same console..its all about context, sure you can say its overhyped shit, but a lot of people actually really enjoy it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom