Halo 3

Aada

Part of the furniture
One of the best games of the year is almost here my girlfriend has been teasing me all week saying how good it is.

Should have it Tuesday and i can't wait to co-op and go online who else is getting it?

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
im probably not getting it. Atleast not yet. The MP beta didn't impress me that much.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
I'm sure it's never going to live up to the hype and will turn out to be just another reasonable shooter. Saying that, it didn't stop me from pre-ordering the legendary edition ;)

I wonder if Bungie and Microsoft knew their release date was my birthday? I'm sure they did ;)

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I'm sure it's never going to live up to the hype and will turn out to be just another reasonable shooter. Saying that, it didn't stop me from pre-ordering the legendary edition ;)

I wonder if Bungie and Microsoft knew their release date was my birthday? I'm sure they did ;)

everyone buys it because of the name. It WILL live up to the hype, as everyone will be able to play it on live. I remember people were saying the same about halo2, yet it's still the most played game on live :)

I personally only really enjoyed the single player (especially co-op with mates), but there are better games to spend my money on atm :(

all the reviews came up at 21GMT today btw. lots of 10's and 9,5's.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
It would have got 10's and 9.5's even if it was a steaming turd.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
lol my thoughts exactly - I expect Aada will say it's the most amazing game ever even when it turns out to be the most mediocre FPS ever made. I just can't see what all the fuss is about, the only exceptional thing about the game is the score, everything else seems totally bland - story, graphics (seriously, next gen? not quite) and almost certainly gameplay. But we'll see.

To answer the original question - I won't be buying it, I'll try out an SP demo if one becomes available and if it blows me away (which should coincide with the monkeyectomy on my anus) I'll get it.

Aada

Part of the furniture
lol my thoughts exactly - I expect Aada will say it's the most amazing game ever even when it turns out to be the most mediocre FPS ever made. I just can't see what all the fuss is about, the only exceptional thing about the game is the score, everything else seems totally bland - story, graphics (seriously, next gen? not quite) and almost certainly gameplay. But we'll see.

To answer the original question - I won't be buying it, I'll try out an SP demo if one becomes available and if it blows me away (which should coincide with the monkeyectomy on my anus) I'll get it.

Halo is overhyped but you can't deny the fact if it was garbage why do millions buy it?

It can't be because they are all console idiots who have never played a PC game because you'll find alot of people who used to PC game have left that market and moved onto the console market.

Halo is a good and fun shooter if it wasn't it wouldn't get the reviews or the acclaim it gets and it certinaly wouldn't get silly amount of people buying it on release.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
They buy it cause of clever marketing and the promise of something that will blow their socks off its not till they get it home that they find out its just like any other FPS

It may be a polished example but still like any other FPS

nath

Fledgling Freddie
The age old argument that loads of people buy it therefore for it can't be bad can always be nullified by looking at the latest chart topping music. As to why it gets to highly rated, I've no idea. People seem to overlook all the massive problems, such as extremely samey level design - there were times I was convinced I was backtracking because I'd seen that room twice before.

I've no doubt Halo 3 will be massively popular, but the graphics look more or less the same as Halo 2, I expect the gameplay is too. So far the only improvement I'm aware of is the music, which is great.

I just don't understand what people see in it.

Opt1

Fledgling Freddie
Never played the other two, except Halo 1 on PC for about 25 mins before turning it off because I thought it was a bit naff..

.. But I'm very up for giving this a go, I hope it lives up to the hype - and if not, I know I'll get a good price on a trade in for a while.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I just watched the gametrailers.com review - it left me thinking that they'd taken a backhander from MS/Bungie. They gave it a 9.8 and went on about these great features but from watching the vid it looks (graphically and gameplay wise) more or less identical to 1 and 2. Looks like it was even made on the same engine with some minor touch ups.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Sure Halo games are like other FPSs. Just better than 99% of them. What a stupid criticism :/

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Sure Halo games are like other FPSs. Just better than 99% of them. What a stupid criticism :/
That's the thing though - it's not better than 99% of them at all, it's the height of utter mediocrity which would probably make it better than 50% of them.

Aada

Part of the furniture
That's the thing though - it's not better than 99% of them at all, it's the height of utter mediocrity which would probably make it better than 50% of them.

Nath if it wasn't good it wouldn't get the reviews it does and the sales it does its as simple as that and your comparing it to music doesn't go because a game is more expensive then some single that costs nothing these days.

Not everyone is gonna like it though and nothing wrong with that.

You could say Gamespot.IGN was paid off but not every other review site thats pretty much gave it a 9.5+

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
It all boils down to taste, I for one like the Halo series, i've followed since it was first announced for the Mac, I like all the extras for it the books, comics, music etc. But I can't see why people like and enjoy the MGS series, I really don't see the point in the series and don't enjoy playing any of the games.

no doubt though that this thread will carry on for another couple of pages with people adding to the for/against camps (like myself) If you don't like Halo you don't like it and if you like it you will enjoy Halo 3 no matter what people say, its that simple.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I couldn't wait any longer so i just ordered from Shopto.net about 1 hour ago and it's just been dispatched so should have it tomorrow seeing as shopto games are next day delivery.

Can't wait to finish the fight!

nath

Fledgling Freddie
:twak:

no no no no no
I can't believe you - a man I played TF2 with, a man I STABBED WITH MY BUTTERFLY KNIFE - likes Halo.

I feel so dirty. Next time I'm just gunna set you on fire to cleanse you of your filth.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Been playing the singleplayer all day, currently on the 5th mission, the singleplayer campaign is alot better than I expected and the graphics are much better than the multiplayer. I would give the singleplayer 88% from what I have played so far. As for multiplayer, suprisingly I liked it alot and I hated Halo 2 with a passion. It is very polished with many options and slick gameplay, even though I am not into multiplayer FPS I would have to give it 91% based on the 5 hours I played last night.

Overall, much better than I expected and those people who are saying it is Halo 2.5 obviously haven't seen the singleplayer at 1080p because it looks great, not Crysis or Gears of War great but still very very good.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

Nath, I don't really do FPS games as such, well not unless they have a compelling story like The Darkness. I have to say though, I have about 12 hours of Halo 3 experience (single+multi) so far and I have to admit it is alot better than I expected. Now people may say I am a 360 fanboy and in some regards I am but when it comes to Halo I never really understood what the fuss was all about. Halo 3 hasn't quite made me a believer but it is right up their with the best FPS's I have played SINCE the original Half Life.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, fair enough - I'll have to check the demo out if/when it's available.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Hmm, fair enough - I'll have to check the demo out if/when it's available.

That is sensible, I certainly wouldn't spend my money on a game I have doubts about. Bungie need to get the demo out asap but I have a sneaky feeling they won't, they take ages to get things done as it is which is why Halo 3 is a year late.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I predict Halo 3 will be awesome. Mainly cos loads of people are buying it, and if loads of people buy a game, it must be awesome.

Q.E.D.

or is that B.S?

I don't know really.

/me shuffles off to play God Of War 2.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I really do not see the big deal. It looks nothing special at all. I hated the gameplay of 1 and 2. I will reserve ultimate judgement until I can play a demo, but I really doubt I will be buying it.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I'll post tomorrow how i think its The Second Coming.

Just to annoy people of course.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I'll post tomorrow how i think its The Second Coming.

Just to annoy people of course.

And we'll just ignore every single word of it.

As per usual of course.

Aada

Part of the furniture
And we'll just ignore every single word of it.

As per usual of course.

You didn't ignore that though did you?

:rolleyes:

Go play God Of War 2

Good night.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
1st one was great fun on co-op even tho the latter samey maps were shit.

2 was nothing special dual gunz was out back in the in rise of the triads, but from some reason despite the odd take on the storyline, and okaish maps it was fun killing peeps . mp was and prolly is total shit, fuck knows how 1.5m peeps playingm it every day.

halo3 my be better or may be worse,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom