Guitar hero 2 - x360

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
Ok this is out on friday, just found out!

Givf

Anyone else getting this? Also what live features are we getting?

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Downloadable songs, including the guitar hero 1 songs, over the course of a few weeks.

I'm going to try to find out who got the best deal for it.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Downloadable songs, including the guitar hero 1 songs, over the course of a few weeks.

I'm going to try to find out who got the best deal for it.

GH1 songs > GH2 Songs by miles!

cept a couple anyway

Aada

Part of the furniture
Can't justify spending almost £70 on a game with no replay value ;/

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Can't justify spending almost £70 on a game with no replay value ;/

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Sorry fingers hurting now.

Seriously. The game is SOOOO replayable. Obviously guitar wanking on your own isnt as much fun but get some people round!

I almost feel ill as to how good it is. Im still playing 1 with my pals that come round occasionally. need to get 2 and itll probably be on 360 but thats a shocking statement aada :)

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Crazy On You
Freebird
War Pigs

and of course..

TROGDORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I hate you Rulke.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
could someone possibly tell me why this game is so good?

tris-

I think I quoted someone with this but you can throw away your air guitar!

dont mean to be a dick or anything, but seriously whats so great about it :) ?

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
dont mean to be a dick or anything, but seriously whats so great about it :) ?

Cheesy massive monster rock tracks. No dancing but the same kinda play style as dance dance revolution in the arcades but with a guitar. I hate most the music on it I really do. But you gain an affinity with the songs you play.

More than a feeling..... wah wah, wah wah wah, WAH WAH, wah wah wah.

I guess its lost on some people. ;)

tris-

Cheesy massive monster rock tracks. No dancing but the same kinda play style as dance dance revolution in the arcades but with a guitar. I hate most the music on it I really do. But you gain an affinity with the songs you play.

More than a feeling..... wah wah, wah wah wah, WAH WAH, wah wah wah.

I guess its lost on some people. ;)

being able to pretend to play the guitar is something that probably appeals to me actually. so i take it certain button sequences pop up on screen and you have to press the correct ones? also, are the songs proper licensed versions or does it just sound like john from the local screaming into the karaoke machine?
does it have some kind of difficulty progression or is it basically the same jibe but different songs?

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
being able to pretend to play the guitar is something that probably appeals to me actually. so i take it certain button sequences pop up on screen and you have to press the correct ones? also, are the songs proper licensed versions or does it just sound like john from the local screaming into the karaoke machine?
does it have some kind of difficulty progression or is it basically the same jibe but different songs?

Starts off with 3 colour buttons (frets i believe) on easy. You use the strum bar and strum and hold the right colour down as they come down the screen. If you feeling cocky use the whammy bar and bend the notes on the fully licensed tracks.

Now go buy it you fool!

As I said its like stepping on the dance steps in ddr. Except the guitar does it and eventually on hardest setting you use all the colours (5 in total).

It gets sufficiently hard trust me.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Most tracks are re-recorded by a house band (who are pretty good), but on 2 some of them are from the masters (now that they can persuade the artists & their management that it's not something that detracts from the music).

It's great, find somewhere that's demoing it, or a friend that has it and have a go, you will love it! People are buying PS2's just to play this game! And now it's out on the 360 with better graphics, more tracks and downloadable content, it's a win! I'm even going to buy it, and I have it for my PS2 already (I'll keep that as the party machine as it has 2 guitar controllers already!).

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Google "Frets on Fire" to check if GH appeals to you by using PC and keyboard :cool:

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Looks like woolies may have the best high street deal for this, £59.99 according to the website, so I'll probably pick one up there.

leggy

Probably Scottish
This game is probably better if you can't actually play the guitar. As such it doesn't really appeal to me much.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Probably, although a number of famous guitarists say they play it fairly regularly. I guess it's a fair bit easier than playing the guitar, and at least teaches rhythm .

mank!

Part of the furniture
Buying a 360 was worth it for Brian Lara alone, this is just going to be the icing on the megacake.

ooooooooh yeah!

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
People are buying PS2's just to play this game! And now it's out on the 360 with better graphics, more tracks and downloadable content, it's a win! I'm even going to buy it, and I have it for my PS2 already (I'll keep that as the party machine as it has 2 guitar controllers already!).

It was the ONLY reason i bought a PS2, i also have a 360 so i shall be buying this version too \m/

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Looks like woolies may have the best high street deal for this, £59.99 according to the website, so I'll probably pick one up there.

Yeah, woolies rock

<subliminal>shop at woolies, pay my wages</subliminal>

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
I think I am going to get this. If I want a 2nd guitar though, what options do I have?

Buy another copy (meh) or can you get the guitar on its own anywhere?

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
I dont think you can get the guitar on its own yet.
My copy was sent in the post today, better arrive tomorrow!
I havent played this before so it better be good. :p

Jimmae

One of Freddy's beloved
ill get this when the wireless guitar comes out, that will just make it soooo much cooler than it already is :)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
same wireless guitar is gonna make this ver so much better

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
superior guitar model on the 360... the Explorer owns :p

much better than the SG (sorry Angus fans :p )

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
ill get this when the wireless guitar comes out, that will just make it soooo much cooler than it already is :)

You are in for a long long wait, Microsoft are so protective over there wireless technology, they won't let any third-party hardware supplier touch the specs with a 20ft barge poll.

Aada

Part of the furniture
This looks like a game for those Emo ***** you see walking round town with their big guitars strapped to their greesy/smelly body.

EMO!

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Emo? There's more proper rock and metal on this than emo! The onlu emo track that's on it that I know is on it is an MCR one. I mean there's gun's 'n' roses, primus, ratm, spinal tap, nirvana, van halen, the police, sabbath, foo fighters, the list goes on (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Hero_II).... And you call that emo?

Just admit it, you don't like it, probably because of two things, firstly the fact that it came out on the ps2 (which hurts your fanboi sensibilities), and secondly, you probably aren't a rock/metal fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom