Guard !

T

Tranquil-

Originally posted by Mavl
You could very well hit with 55th ^^

But not hitting with 54 arrows indicates a pretty low chance to do that.

M

Mavl

Originally posted by Tranquil-
But not hitting with 54 arrows indicates a pretty low chance to do that.

Indeed, low, but not impossible :p

P

parlain

Originally posted by kirennia
One question, if you send 53 pets at a target, and I mean ANY human controlled target, would you expect them to come out with 100% health?

I would if they were a halfway decent paladin who knows to twist chants ^^

V

vintervargen

retards, you really trying to nerf guarding? something that actually require a bit of skill in fg rvr..

E

etcetra

How come he didnt spot and kill you after like 10 arrows?
And how come you continued shooting arrows after he had blocked 20? or 30? or 40? did you really think you would get an arrow in? And you think that one arrow would kill him? Cuz i doubt you would get 2 arrows in, atleast if he blocked 30 or 40 in a row..:x

D

dubaxterdrakora

Nerf Scouts Shields/Mincers

All I can say is have some of your own **** medicine, shooting a scout stealthed with 10 shots (yes from frontal as he was on gate) and blocked every shot stealthed.

So dont come here talking about ***** blocking.

H

halgaard

Re: Nerf Scouts Shields/Mincers

Originally posted by dubaxterdrakora
All I can say is have some of your own **** medicine, shooting a scout stealthed with 10 shots (yes from frontal as he was on gate) and blocked every shot stealthed.

So dont come here talking about ***** blocking.

scout use small shields and when buffed we block.. about 75% rougly of the arrows fired, unless using engage there's a huuge diffrence between small and large shields vs. arrows

M

Mavl

Originally posted by vintervargen
retards, you really trying to nerf guarding? something that actually require a bit of skill in fg rvr..
These are stealthers, some of them dont even know what group rvr is, and those that know dont really care.

Originally posted by halgaard
scout use small shields and when buffed we block.. about 75% rougly of the arrows fired, unless using engage there's a huuge diffrence between small and large shields vs. arrows
TT shield size doesnt affect your chance to block ...

D

Driwen

so you think that almost complete immunity vs a target on a passive?

The warrior didnt need to show any kind of skill, except for the part that his back was against the wall. The only skill in gaurd would be that you need to select which target to gaurd and stay near him (you dont have to face him nor the attacker nor be on the gaurdee's side). Ok you do have to pay attention to who is getting hit, that is if you want to optomise the use of gaurd and switch who you are gaurding with who is getting hit by the assist train.

I dont really mind how gaurd works, as I dont tend to solo attack any shield tank or anyone close to one. But it is a bit powerful to have a passive ability that negates a complete class (the melee of archers, excluding rangers maybe, isnt that great). Shield should be strong vs archers and I think engage is fine, but gaurd shouldnt be as strong as engage. So either the scout was damn unlucky or gaurd is too powerful imo(75% for gaurd might be fine but then probability on missing 54 arrows is one in 5.5 million) .

N

necrofill

mavl

dont think u it r alittle to overpwered that u can guard 360 degrees and make the ppl u guard nearly immune against all inc attacks from arrows, 1h and 2h uses? but u can only block inc attack for u self with 180 degrees?? would be more fair if it was the other way around!!

M

Mavl

Originally posted by necrofill
mavl

dont think u it r alittle to overpwered that u can guard 360 degrees and make the ppl u guard nearly immune against all inc attacks from arrows, 1h and 2h uses? but u can only block inc attack for u self with 180 degrees?? would be more fair if it was the other way around!!

no, i dont

btw, care to explain how i can make someone immune to arrows 1h and 2h? i would certanly like to know

T

Tranquil-

no, i dont

btw, care to explain how i can make someone immune to arrows 1h and 2h? i would certanly like to know

Read. He said nearly immune, which isn't that far off really.

A

ab_fluid

ever tried guarding vs and assist train of mercs or savages? guess not

M

Mavl

You can be nearly immune as you can be nearly pregnant.

P

Pandemic

Bit of a pointless discussion as Mythic are looking at boosting guard not nerfing it due to its incredibly low chance to block in rvr vs dual weapons

its fun to be an unerfable warrior :)

T

Tranquil-

Originally posted by ab_fluid
ever tried guarding vs and assist train of mercs or savages? guess not

Archers shouldn't get penalized 'cause of /assist.

Show me where I said guard was overpowered vs assist trains. Didn't think so

You can be nearly immune as you can be nearly pregnant.

You can temporarily avoid the obvious by posting pedantic replies, yes, but it only makes it that more obvious.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Pandemic
Bit of a pointless discussion as Mythic are looking at boosting guard not nerfing it due to its incredibly low chance to block in rvr vs dual weapons

its fun to be an unerfable warrior :)

mythic is planning to improve shields, not necesarrily gaurd versus archers (which probably cant be improved anyway).

And again why is gaurd better versus archers than the block of the same person (not talking about the angles but plain chance on block).

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by Driwen
so you think that almost complete immunity vs a target on a passive?

The warrior didnt need to show any kind of skill, except for the part that his back was against the wall. The only skill in gaurd would be that you need to select which target to gaurd and stay near him (you dont have to face him nor the attacker nor be on the gaurdee's side). Ok you do have to pay attention to who is getting hit, that is if you want to optomise the use of gaurd and switch who you are gaurding with who is getting hit by the assist train.

I dont really mind how gaurd works, as I dont tend to solo attack any shield tank or anyone close to one. But it is a bit powerful to have a passive ability that negates a complete class (the melee of archers, excluding rangers maybe, isnt that great). Shield should be strong vs archers and I think engage is fine, but gaurd shouldnt be as strong as engage. So either the scout was damn unlucky or gaurd is too powerful imo(75% for gaurd might be fine but then probability on missing 54 arrows is one in 5.5 million) .

having 50 shield + 11 + rr + moblock should be good. a savage with 50 h2h + 11 + rr + DR hits pretty hard/often no? and savages are fucking passive too, stick + attack ^^

A

ab_fluid

Shield shouldn't get penalised vs assist trains and dual wield, but it does, live with it

D

Driwen

having 50 shield + 11 + rr + moblock should be good. a savage with 50 h2h + 11 + rr + DR hits pretty hard/often no? and savages are fucking passive too, stick + attack ^^

50 h2h+11+ rr + DR doesnt hit more often than DW/LA/CD and only harder with their haste+dps buff on (otherwise less hard). And I have no problem with engage, engage is fine as you either need to gang up on the tank or shoot from his back or leave him alone. But with gaurd you cant shoot from the back and it is better than normal block and even better than engage as it doesnt use end nor needs you to face the one doing the damage.

Or do you think 90% chance on blocking arrows for gaurd is ok? Even when you have 46 longbow + 11 + rr?

M

Mavl

You can temporarily avoid the obvious by posting pedantic replies, yes, but it only makes it that more obvious.

I have already explained it(about guard arcs) to you in my previous posts, if u didnt read it thats clearely your problem. I suggest you make a shield tank and try using this wtfpwning overpowered ability in real rvr, mby then i will listen to you. Until then you are simply biased.

Btw you will be able to ignore the bodyguard ability in toa, wtf are whinging at ?

p.s. today i got shot by a scout for 900+ while facing his direction. But wait, i am supposed to be immune ! Nerf!!1!111

And why should shield tanks be penalized against dw chars ?
Why should casters have a <50% power penalty?
Why should qc eat 2x power while its on a timer ?
Why should necros suffer from a blue pet penalty against casters ?
etc etc etc. Live with it.

D

Driwen

I have already explained it to you in my previous posts, if u didnt read it thats clearely your problem

p.s. today i got shot by a scout for 900+ while facing his direction. But wait, i am supposed to be immune ! Nerf!!1!111

uhm you arent supposed to be immune and we were talking about gaurd so not yourself. For some reason the one who gets gaurded actually has a higher blockratio than the one who gaurds has for himself (unless he engages ofc).

M

Mavl

Originally posted by Driwen
uhm you arent supposed to be immune and we were talking about gaurd so not yourself. For some reason the one who gets gaurded actually has a higher blockratio than the one who gaurds has for himself (unless he engages ofc).

Proof ?

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Aloca
If you realy wanted to hit someone you should have tryed the warrior with shield.

You have even higher chanse to block for someone else than block attacks on you....

If someone have like 50% chanse to block attack on him he have 75% chanse to block for a friend....

(not exact but you get the picture)

and still even, if blockrate = gaurdrate. Than gaurd is still better as you dont need to face the person, like you need to with block and you dont need to hold a shield to get gaurded.
Also I doubt a warrior has a blockrate of 75% versus someone with 1500+ weaponskill?

BTW do you know how much 65 shield gives you as base chance to block? Versus a high weaponskill it you probably need atleast 50% base to get to 75% with MoB3 and 300 dex.

Besides Im not asking for a nerf of gaurd, unless you actually have a 85% chance on blocking an archer with it. However I doubt thats true.

E

elerand

The problem may well stem from guard 3 (base 15%) adding to the base chance to block arrows, that's 45% before adding shield skill, say a rough 30% for 50+10 shield. That's now 75%, factor in MOB and Dex to that, which I believe multiplies rather than adds straight on.

The only way to really resolve this IMO would be to do around 500-1000 shots on a shield user then the same on his guarded target, not easy ofc since you can't guard unless grpd but if you were that desperate for the info you could arrange a cross-realm test to see :p

If this isn't the worst case scenario for guard then I point the finger at the streakyness of the DAOC RNG and would go with "you might have hit with the 55th shot" :p

D

Driwen

Originally posted by elerand
The problem may well stem from guard 3 (base 15%) adding to the base chance to block arrows, that's 45% before adding shield skill, say a rough 30% for 50+10 shield. That's now 75%, factor in MOB and Dex to that, which I believe multiplies rather than adds straight on.

dont forget though that normally archers should have a really high weaponskill (same table as armsman/heros/zerker/etc) so the base chance decreases abit. But as you said only way to check this is to do the test with 500 arrows atleast. Which tbh I cant really be bothered to do :p.

T

Tranquil-

Originally posted by ab_fluid
Shield shouldn't get penalised vs assist trains and dual wield, but it does, live with it

Imo dual wield needs toning down and assist trains should be nerfed. Why should I "live with it"? Mythic WANTS feedback, that should be pretty obvious. That I post my meaning here has little bearing on that, but nm that. I'm free to post my meanings just as much as you can whinge yours.

I have already explained it(about guard arcs) to you in my previous posts, if u didnt read it thats clearely your problem. I suggest you make a shield tank and try using this wtfpwning overpowered ability in real rvr, mby then i will listen to you. Until then you are simply biased.

FYI guard blocks from any direction so that's bullshit. And I have guard myself and I know how it works, how well and when you listen wouldn't change one bit and I couldn't care less if you listen or not. You are the one that's biased; usedtobe caster and now shieldtank. That's about as dipped in as you can get.

Btw you will be able to ignore the bodyguard ability in toa, wtf are whinging at ?

Normal blocking is and has never been the same as the guard ability, which is what _I'm_ discussing.

And he wouldn't get to kill you if you were unhurt or if you are as good as you obviously have to be. I suppose you were in combat mode? Cause that increases the blocking further, untill engage is used and you get the 90% chance to block. He didn't kill you did he? :rolleyes:

And why should shield tanks be penalized against dw chars ?
Why should casters have a <50% power penalty?
Why should qc eat 2x power while its on a timer ?
Why should necros suffer from a blue pet penalty against casters ?
etc etc etc. Live with it.

Does it mean all the features/abilities/bugs, you name them, are balanced? If you have never ever seen a change in this game I'd like to know, for future reference to your posts.

A

ab_fluid

Imo dual wield needs toning down and assist trains should be nerfed. Why should I "live with it"? Mythic WANTS feedback, that should be pretty obvious. That I post my meaning here has little bearing on that, but nm that. I'm free to post my meanings just as much as you can whinge yours.

ok, u post meanings, i contradict u and i am whinging, nice logic u got :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom