group RvR setup.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
why so focused on bombing?

i mean, its not like you're gonna bomb zergs right? ;o

drop the hero for some banelord stuff unless it is a very, very skilled hero.

light eld for teh win :eek:

sphir

Fledgling Freddie
isnt 35% nearsight enough stallion tbh? i really want the s/c debuff from eld and his desease + pb

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
How about giving it 2 months then going for:

Sojo Bard
Druid
Light Eld
Dementia Vampiir
BM
BM
SG Bainsee
Warden

Just asking

edit: ok, make that 5-6 months the way things go :p

MxN

Can't get enough of FH
sphir said:
isnt 35% nearsight enough stallion tbh? i really want the s/c debuff from eld and his desease + pb

light eld has blue s/c and desease

sphir

Fledgling Freddie
would one pb be enough imo not, totaly useless when it comes to defending a tower or else, pb groups still work thats why im so focused on pbérs ;/
and the hero is a must my friend is at 47 now so he is a must stay :p

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
sphir said:

35% off TOA'd bolt range aint that much, and have you see the range on heals recently... Red ns + red d/q debuff really fucks with support and mages, dont leave home without it.

Chrstffr

Fledgling Freddie
sphir said:

yeah dont want him to redo ml1-8 and his toa gear, no wait lvl 47 hello 3 days xping.

MxN

Can't get enough of FH
sphir said:
would one pb be enough imo not, totaly useless when it comes to defending a tower or else, pb groups still work thats why im so focused on pbérs ;/

I disagreek,

1pb is defo enough to defend a tower,

just trust :X

WiiWii

Loyal Freddie
Chrstffr said:
yeah dont want him to redo ml1-8 and his toa gear, no wait lvl 47 hello 3 days xping.

stop trolling, thought u had quit :p

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
sphir said:

well... if defending a tower... why not roll 7 rangers 1 bard? ;o

and why a hero when defending a tower?

why the hell even a set grp to defend towers a.k.a. the most boring way of playing daoc

and if you plan to defend 1 out of 10 times, its not worth to set the grp after that requirement..?

Silverblast

One of Freddy's beloved
Stallion said:
your right about that, but to be able to compete against other lets say "l33t" set groups. You'r so fragile, to even be able to manage vs 2 banelord tanks, you'd have to do a good damn job with bging, and even with that, we all know mid groups dont have to assist much to win.

Banelord zerk (x2?) / Banelord BD
BG Savage

Mid groups have way to much interrupting utilities atm, any caster group will get their asses handed if those mids dont mess up majorly. Your right about xone, but imo another BM/HERO/CHAMP helping him out, along with another tank = z win. Lets face it once again, mids DONT have to assist so switching bg as warden isnt as good as you might think.

If you look on it this way.
Number of interruptable damage dealers 3.
Number of uninterruptable damage dealers 1. (except for bg / grapple)
Number of protected interruptable damage dealers 1.

This is a verry fragile group you can easy tell by the defenitions above. Lets say we make it more balanced and remove 1 interruptable damage dealer for an defensive Hero, which can do damage aswell.

Number of interruptable damage dealers 2.
Number of uninterruptable damage dealers 1 (2 when hero is offensive, most of the time) (except for bg / grapple)
Number of protected interruptable damage dealers 2.

Even if the casters now are well protected, you basicly lose 1 man (the hero) to defensive work, insteed of having 4 on offensive, you now have 3. But what if you changed the last caster for another BM?

This would change the group totaly. Look at it this way, Warden takes the singel caster. You get 2 BM's and a Hero on offensive. This means you'r basicly back to 4 offensive ppl in group, but only 1 can be seriously interrupted and group is _ALOT_ more stable.

I completely agree with this perspective, and if staj doesnt mind :p, I'll translate this into my own words xD!

Say if you run this setup :

Bard
Warden
Druid
Druid
BM BL
Champ BL
Hero BM
Split spec eld with decent RR! (Yossarian ftw!)

Let me start by saying that the opposing group is debuffed to FUCK :p :

BL1 Zone of Unmana, is a PBAE shout that slows spell casting times for enemies in its radius.

Champion with ST3 and BoV (woo I got these and they r0x), and red DQ SC debuffs, when used on the right targets literally hinder the whole freaking group.

BL2 Primal Agony - reduce power, fatigue, and health of nearby enemies by 10% of current value

Self explanatory really :m00:

and the all famous
BL8 Agony Transmission - sacrifice health to damage enemies

The hero has the ability of going back to defense with BG and guard or he can join the assist train with his LW/Spear :p.

Split Spec Eld can debuff his own PB, have a decent nearsight, AE disease, debuffs of all kind.

Warden can go all out interupt as intended o_O.

Solid ass group with insane potential.

MxN

Can't get enough of FH
Silverblast said:
(Yossarian ftw!)

Wasnt that the dude who use to rvr with no staff so he dont look like a mage?

Silverblast

One of Freddy's beloved
Mxn said:
O_O That would be stupid as hell dressed as a multicolored elph with no staff so power runs out after 3 spells xD

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Mxn said:

it worked tho :eek: i always thought he was a ranger when i saw him the first coupple of times

Silverblast

One of Freddy's beloved
May I add that the BL1 ability does NOT break mez..
And a problem with ST now is that it can be seen from a MILE with a HUGE effect..

(suicided via ST3 on gorborchend camp :p)

MxN

Can't get enough of FH
Silverblast said:
O_O That would be stupid as hell dressed as a multicolored elph with no staff so power runs out after 3 spells xD

i know he done it in OF in a SR grp i was in oO

Silverblast

One of Freddy's beloved
Mxn said:
i know he done it in OF in a SR grp i was in oO
Lol, well maybe with all the low level spells hes been using he figured that he didnt need much power :p.

Xone

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:
your right about that, but to be able to compete against other lets say "l33t" set groups. You'r so fragile, to even be able to manage vs 2 banelord tanks, you'd have to do a good damn job with bging, and even with that, we all know mid groups dont have to assist much to win.

Banelord zerk (x2?) / Banelord BD
BG Savage

Mid groups have way to much interrupting utilities atm, any caster group will get their asses handed if those mids dont mess up majorly. Your right about xone, but imo another BM/HERO/CHAMP helping him out, along with another tank = z win. Lets face it once again, mids DONT have to assist so switching bg as warden isnt as good as you might think.

If you look on it this way.
Number of interruptable damage dealers 3.
Number of uninterruptable damage dealers 1. (except for bg / grapple)
Number of protected interruptable damage dealers 1.

This is a verry fragile group you can easy tell by the defenitions above. Lets say we make it more balanced and remove 1 interruptable damage dealer for an defensive Hero, which can do damage aswell.

Number of interruptable damage dealers 2.
Number of uninterruptable damage dealers 1 (2 when hero is offensive, most of the time) (except for bg / grapple)
Number of protected interruptable damage dealers 2.

Even if the casters now are well protected, you basicly lose 1 man (the hero) to defensive work, insteed of having 4 on offensive, you now have 3. But what if you changed the last caster for another BM?

This would change the group totaly. Look at it this way, Warden takes the singel caster. You get 2 BM's and a Hero on offensive. This means you'r basicly back to 4 offensive ppl in group, but only 1 can be seriously interrupted and group is _ALOT_ more stable.

Agree!

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
The most successfull groups ive been pre ToA was the basic:

Druid
Druid
Bard
Warden
Hero
Eld
Eld
Enchanter

Post ToA this has changed due to all what ToA means, extreme values / abilities.

Thus most successfull group post ToA have been the ones with mainly RR ppl.
Bard
Warden
Druid
Druid
BM
BM
Hero
Enchanter

But with NF beeing here id replace enchanter with eld. period, and maybe a BM for a champ for ST. thats it.

sphir

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
well... if defending a tower... why not roll 7 rangers 1 bard? ;o

and why a hero when defending a tower?

why the hell even a set grp to defend towers a.k.a. the most boring way of playing daoc

and if you plan to defend 1 out of 10 times, its not worth to set the grp after that requirement..?

as said its an all around group, not only farming zergs allso defending/taking realm posts, but yeah hero is pretty useless with a BG in tower on a pber :eek:

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
well yeh stajj i pretty much agree with what u are saying..
tho, if i were to remove the menta and loose the 2nd demezzer, i would put in a bl champ with st instead... as a heros job in rvr has diminished, all they do is, as you put it, stand around a caster while the casters is getting interrupted to death. the hero is better of going aggressive mode :eek:, which imo a champ is better at. the utility on a champ compared to hero is insane. Champ got crippling shout, debuffs, all sorta Banelord interrupts and ofc. ST. so therefore champ -> hero... but ofc. it still depends on the person playing the chars.. good hero -> champ :x

when i first started to play NF, i really wanted to make this setup

support
menta
champ
bm
bm

full frontload xD double st :O

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
i'd probably also go for the post nf setup staj mentioned... i would maybe change the hero for a menta or another eld/chanter

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
Bard - Soj
Warden - Battlemaster
Druid - Pref
Druid - Pref
BM - BL
BM - BL -- Or Champ fully offensive, pure frontload - BL
Champion - Battlemaster
Light Eld - Convoker

-----

Id take the Champ over the hero because he can bring more interupting and probably better dmg to the group + nice ST though afaik ST only really becomes useful with 2 stacked. Also the new det isnt near what it used to be and so clearing CC comes down to purge which is the same for both classes.

-----

Oh and champ spec 50lw,42shield,39valor, 6weapon

He can help slam people , have tools to interrupt with and an ok str/con debuff for assist train.

-----

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Mastade said:
well yeh stajj i pretty much agree with what u are saying..
tho, if i were to remove the menta and loose the 2nd demezzer, i would put in a bl champ with st instead... as a heros job in rvr has diminished, all they do is, as you put it, stand around a caster while the casters is getting interrupted to death. the hero is better of going aggressive mode :eek:, which imo a champ is better at. the utility on a champ compared to hero is insane. Champ got crippling shout, debuffs, all sorta Banelord interrupts and ofc. ST. so therefore champ -> hero... but ofc. it still depends on the person playing the chars.. good hero -> champ :x

when i first started to play NF, i really wanted to make this setup

support
menta
champ
bm
bm

full frontload xD double st :O

I agree with you that champs are alot better then Heros if you only have 1 caster.

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
as for caster spot (dmg aside):

Mentalist - low single mezz, ST, demezz, interrupt pet, backup low heals

Eldritch (light) - disease, AE d/q debuff, AE low str/con debuff, AE mezz, AE disease, dex debuff, str debuff, and my favourite spell red nearsight!

Enchanter(if mana) - interrupt ml9 pet, and a few low dps tools for tanks, chanter has the best dmg out the lot for pure dps, but is going to go OOP alot quicker from base nuking.

- Personal choice light eld - the dex debuffs, disease is great for cutting out healing output and tanks get slowed by it. Nearsight great for shutting down all classes, even if they already have it, its great for interrupting those sorc and thergs who stand miles away spamming mezz/pets. Even playing as a tank i hated red ns, i found you basically had to be standing inside the target to be actually able to hit them.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
I quite like:

bard
druid (perf)
druid (conv)
warden
bm
bm
vw
eld

Ofc I'm biased because I have a vw and don't have a hero...

sphir

Fledgling Freddie
what mana spec would you do on a mana eld?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom