Grill grill grill grill grill grill grill MEAT BBQ

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I'll be joining you with something similar tomorrow @Big G.

Steaks, some marinaded in harissa, some black pepper and salt. Pork in honey, chilli and soy sauce. A plethora of interesting gourmet sausages. Belly pork. And lamb marinaded in mint, thyme, rosemary, lime, garlic, olive oil, black pepper and chilli'd sea salt.

For the girls - a fennel, salt/sugar and cucumber salad. Pasta n smashed peas with a wild garlic pesto. Rocket, onion and pomdorino tomatoes. Plus all the other salad-y accompaniments you expect.

Boys option for me please!

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
@Scouse that is the worst cliche for a Guys/Girls choice i have ever heard. I sincerely hope you're kidding here and not stuck in some boring stereotype from the last century. Most girls i know would be happy to munch down on some meat.. Also, wouldn't you prefer salad accompaniments to the meat? Pretty dull otherwise.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Depends on the meat and how it is prepared. You should only need (at most) bread and perhaps some sort of potato.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Scouse that is the worst cliche for a Guys/Girls choice i have ever heard. I sincerely hope you're kidding here and not stuck in some boring stereotype from the last century. Most girls i know would be happy to munch down on some meat.. Also, wouldn't you prefer salad accompaniments to the meat? Pretty dull otherwise.

*Sigh* - I really don't know what you must think of me - all of the food for everyone, of course. Who wouldn't want those salads as an accompanyment to the meats?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Haven't had a single barbecue this year, and for once I can't even blame the weather. I do have a plan though; as soon as the house extension is finished (next spring :() I'm building a brick barbecue and pizza oven. Have it all marked out.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

Me either. Fucking rocket indeed - bunch of pretentious vegetation masquerading as salad.

A barbie needs the refreshing crunch on some iceberg frankly. Leave rocket to gastropubs.

Bodhi

Rocket is like bitter dental floss though, it's fucking rank. Iceberg with a little salt and thousand island is refreshing and tasty.

I won't even go there on fennel and pesto. Just fucking wrong.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I like rocket, baby spinach etc it can complement a properly seasoned meat.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Rockets nice. Only time i get iceberg lettuce is if we need something that wont go bad quickly.

Hate pesto though and fennel.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
This "manly" thread is 40ish posts in and has already seen discussions on breast feeding and lettuce!

Lettuce discuss something more manly! (Sorry)

The missus is a vegetarian and i live high up in an apartment so my Bbbbq opportunities are limited :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Iceberg with a little salt and thousand island is refreshing and tasty.
Ouch! Them there's yer smoker's tastebuds talking ;)

I was surprised about the fennel and cucumber salad myself. It was really nice. Then again the bird is quite a good cook.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I draw the line at Cucumber, just the thought of it makes me gag, however its prepared. Its one of those tastes that I just cannot stand, like dog turd.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I draw the line at Cucumber, just the thought of it makes me gag, however its prepared. Its one of those tastes that I just cannot stand, like dog turd.
I've a friend like that. Really hates it. Says the taste is really strong and can taste it on other food that it's touched. I'm the complete opposite (like most people I know) and find it a very delicate taste.

However, we're completely the opposite on celery - which sucks the sweat off a dead man's balls and ruins anything it comes into contact with. But he can hardly taste it... :\

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I love cucumber but i hate raw tomato

Cooked or processed i can deal with but raw is just nasty

DaGaffer

I'll take your word for it.

I've a friend like that. Really hates it. Says the taste is really strong and can taste it on other food that it's touched. I'm the complete opposite (like most people I know) and find it a very delicate taste.

However, we're completely the opposite on celery - which sucks the sweat off a dead man's balls and ruins anything it comes into contact with. But he can hardly taste it... :\

Celery is evil stuff. I'm not a massively picky eater, but even if celery is mixed in to stuff, it puts me right off the whole meal.

Bodhi

Ouch! Them there's yer smoker's tastebuds talking ;)

I was surprised about the fennel and cucumber salad myself. It was really nice. Then again the bird is quite a good cook.

So is mine, mainly because she doesn't use rocket :) she doesn't smoke and still can't stand the stuff, just overpowers all the other flavours in the salad.

Don't mind celery too much, other than the fact you burn more calories eating it than you take in - it did inspire one of the more amusing football chants I've heard though :)

DaGaffer

So is mine, mainly because she doesn't use rocket :) she doesn't smoke and still can't stand the stuff, just overpowers all the other flavours in the salad.

Don't mind celery too much, other than the fact you burn more calories eating it than you take in - it did inspire one of the more amusing football chants I've heard though :)

I'm pretty sure that's a myth, so as well as being awful, celery is a fucking lying liar. And its cousin rhubarb is a cunt as well.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's the consistency of celery more than the taste that gets me. Kind of crunchy and then suddenly omfg stringy bits. Not a fan.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm pretty sure that's a myth, so as well as being awful, celery is a fucking lying liar. And its cousin rhubarb is a cunt as well.
I thought that that it's so nutritionally deficient it costs more to breakdown and carry than you get from it. I can see that given how few calories some veg have even in amazing volumes.

As for rhubarb being bad - you're clearly either a freak of nature or have just been served it by shit cooks. Done right it's fantastic :)

DaGaffer

I thought that that it's so nutritionally deficient it costs more to breakdown and carry than you get from it. I can see that given how few calories some veg have even in amazing volumes.

As for rhubarb being bad - you're clearly either a freak of nature or have just been served it by shit cooks. Done right it's fantastic :)

Apparently not. It still has enough calories to make it worth eating, but its also full of fibrous gunk and water so it fills you up, which is what makes it useful for dieting.

Can't even stand the smell of rhubarb. On my Axis of Evil groceries, its celery, sprouts, rhubarb and gooseberries. Should be on trial at the Hague the lot of them. On the meat side I can eat pretty much anything apart from kidney (its the smell again).

Bodhi

I find vegetables in general fairly meh, don't like sprouts or anything boiled (except broccoli weirdly enough), quite partial to raw cabbage and cauliflower though.

Fruit - yes.
Salad - yes, as long as there's no fucking rocket in it.

Fruit Salad - oh my God yes.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
It's another scorcher. I might start cooking up.

I might also cook on the barbecue.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I cant stand coriander. It tastes kinda soap like. Just spoils a lot of the indian cooking

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom