Greatest songwriter of the 20th century?

eksdee

FH is my second home
Dudley52 said:
Tim Armstrong - I doubt any of you will know who it is but there you go

that talentless cock from rancid?

no one will know him ofc because they're such a small-time band :rolleyes: .i really can't stand when people make out they're SO SUBVERSIVE for listening to tosh like rancid, who are on a big label, are liked by hundreds of thousands of people and have music videos on fucking mtv. get real.

Aile

Fledgling Freddie
eksdee said:
that talentless cock from rancid?

no one will know him ofc because they're such a small-time band :rolleyes: .i really can't stand when people make out they're SO SUBVERSIVE for listening to tosh like rancid, who are on a big label, are liked by hundreds of thousands of people and have music videos on fucking mtv. get real.

Aahaha, Schooled! :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Chuck D - Intelligent, insightful, powerful lyrics that have an amazing flow. The greatest rap lyricist on the planet. Anyone saying otherwise knows fuck all about rap ;)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
adoNix said:
The pac ofc ;o

Sure, if you consider bitches/ho's/da hood etc to be anything other than bullshit posturing. L.A. rap has always been a 'my dick is bigger than yours' contest.

eksdee

FH is my second home
fuck! and how could i forget tim kinsella, just got his new album on the blaze and it is fucking incredible. just like everything else he has done (barring that one really odd 4 track cd-r release) and has been involved with (caP'n Jazz, owls, joan of arc, make believe, love of everything (briefly), friend/enemy, sky corvair. also more minor collabs with everyoned and a set).

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
cHodAX said:
Chuck D - Intelligent, insightful, powerful lyrics that have an amazing flow. The greatest rap lyricist on the planet. Anyone saying otherwise knows fuck all about rap ;)

Just read some of his lyrics, and i must really say.. There's nothing special about it.

Wont comment his flow cause i actually couldnt be assed to dl any songs of him ;)

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
Double post ftl :eek:

Oh i also like the in flames lyrics really good ;)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
cHodAX said:
Sure, if you consider bitches/ho's/da hood etc to be anything other than bullshit posturing. L.A. rap has always been a 'my dick is bigger than yours' contest.

nah, n.w.a. wasnt like that whatever you say, 2pac wasnt that much either, not his real good lyrics. from the west coast there has been spawned some real good rappers, but so have the east side and many other places as well.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
adoNix said:
Just read some of his lyrics, and i must really say.. There's nothing special about it.

Wont comment his flow cause i actually couldnt be assed to dl any songs of him ;)

google.video.com or youtube.com ;D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
adoNix said:

Then you are clueless, download the album 'Fear of a Black Planet' and prepare to have your mind blown. Chuck D is widely regarded in the rap community as the greatest ever rap lyricist, he has recieved credit for 'inspiration' on over 1000 records to date, his impact on rap music has been profound and not once did he have to write a song about how many 'bitches' he has had.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
It's just a matter of race
Cause a black male's in their face
Step back for the new jack swing
On the platter scatter huh
We got our own thing
Just jam to let the rhyth run
Day to day, America eats it's young
And defeats our women
There is a gap so wide we all can swim in
Drown in (uh get down) an get it
Got it goin' on wit it
Sister (hey) soul sister
We goin' be all right
It takes a man to take a stand
Understand it takes a
Woman to make a stronger man
(As we both get strong)
They'll call me a crazy Asiatic
While I'm singin' a song
O my god, oh my lord
I can't hold back
But I get exact on a track
It's an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth
Forget about me
Just set my sister free
R-e-s-p-e-c-t my siters, not my enemy
(Cause we'll be stronger together)
And make the suckers say
(Damn) this generation

When you hear that song playing full blast it is heart thumping stuff. You kids these days seem to think rap was invented in the last 10 years and anything that went before it can't be very good. Wrong.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
Seriously, Easy E > all them, even 2 pac.
I disagree listen to some of Nas songs his messages are mental. Also Ice Cube wrote alot of Easy E stuff from NWA so Ice Cube > E ;)

and Dr Dre > All

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Phil Collins & Genesis
Savage Garden
James Taylor
Eminem

amongst others...

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Bugz said:
Phil Collins & Genesis
Savage Garden
James Taylor
Eminem

amongst others...

Savage Garden LOLOLOLOLOL

soze

I am a FH squatter
cHodAX said:
I think Nas has the same qualities i like chuck d but prefer Nas rythems

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Calaen said:
Savage Garden LOLOLOLOLOL

I won't sit here argueing my defense for them because our opinions are entirely different. You're educational & well-thought out post (I expect no less from you ;)) did amuse me though :D

Zede

Part of the furniture
Calaen said:
OK then name them?

Sorry I do get his sarcasm but its a genuine thread so I guessed he might have had a genuine relpy :)

Suggest you read some of his other posts then !

Richard Ashcroft is a flash in the pan, one album wonder, pie eating greaseball from Wigan. Ive got my m8 here, his mom taught him English in Upholland ( near wigan) she never rated him then, and still dont rate him now ! Besides BSS has that groovy violin orchestation, that makes it good, not his squarking :p

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I vote for Tuomas Holopainen. He's a bit bitter, but he writes good songs =)

Aile

Fledgling Freddie
Jean Jacques Burnel, songwriter for the Stranglers, pretty awesome if you ask moi! ;)

eksdee

FH is my second home
good call.

as for marley, no doubt an influential songwriter. massively over-rated in my opinion but still.

all this talk of jack black and numerous shitty rappers is making me upset. there's so much good hip hop out there and all the crap (read: the easily accessible, stolid rubbish) is what people love.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
eksdee said:
good call.

as for marley, no doubt an influential songwriter. massively over-rated in my opinion but still.

all this talk of jack black and numerous shitty rappers is making me upset. there's so much good hip hop out there and all the crap (read: the easily accessible, stolid rubbish) is what people love.

i dont see pople loving the easily accessible, stolid rubbish. i agree that eminem is good but not top drawer. theres a lot of good hiphop but i dont agree that they are the best song writers in the world. you seem to be keen on pulling old school rap from the covert or maybe you want underground, dunno. but dont get upset - people like what people like

eksdee

FH is my second home
i'm not 'pulling' on anything. i simply think that hip hop that has something to say and is produced well (note: not putting as many hand claps, gun shots and 'bitches' in, but making it musically solid) is a lot better than gangster rap bollocks that people genuinely seem to think is 'good songwriting' i mean, seriously, come on.

http://www.lowliferecords.co.uk/Media1.asp as an example.

Everz

FH is my second home
cHodAX said:
Then you are clueless, download the album 'Fear of a Black Planet' and prepare to have your mind blown. Chuck D is widely regarded in the rap community as the greatest ever rap lyricist, he has recieved credit for 'inspiration' on over 1000 records to date, his impact on rap music has been profound and not once did he have to write a song about how many 'bitches' he has had.
take note to the avatar ;D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom