Greatest invention ever made?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
What's your opinion? I was just taking a bottle of soda out of a freezer and thought to myself:

"This thing is really nice."

Then i thought about what might be the greatest invention ever made.

Call out.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Vibrating vaginas.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Trem said:
Vibrating vaginas.

No need for those. Simply blinfold an old gent with parkinson's disease and place your little chap in his gently vibrating hand.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
I was just taking a bottle of soda out of a freezer and ...

Now I'm confused, are we talking abou the soda, the bottle, the freezer, or the internet here ? All of them are great inventions.

Also, why put the soda in the freezer ? Are you making iced soda or something, surely it would be easier to put them in an icecube tray.

Now THATS a good invention - the icecube tray.

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
Either fire, the wheel or those hats you could put beer on each side and then drink them with a straw.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
xane said:
Now I'm confused, are we talking abou the soda, the bottle, the freezer, or the internet here ? All of them are great inventions.

Also, why put the soda in the freezer ? Are you making iced soda or something, surely it would be easier to put them in an icecube tray.

Now THATS a good invention - the icecube tray.

Was talking about the freezer.

Soda into freezer = cold drink faster. :p

As you know, they keep the soda in "warm" places, in the shops, a lot of times.

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
best. invention. ever.

the coffee machine.

try and argue that :p

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
Beer !
It saved countless lives in the dark ages. (It was one off the few uncontaminated drinks around)

And its so yummi :cheers:

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
Stimpy said:
Either fire, the wheel or those hats you could put beer on each side and then drink them with a straw.
I think fire just exists and somebody discovered it, wasn't exactly an invention by man. Which brings the question in of inventions by who?

God invented fire so i suppose you are right from that aspect.

Beer and Beer holders get my vote.

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
It tastes like poo to me and reminds me of a bad experience I had in prison. :eek7:

edit: Ok maybe not fire then :) Being serious I would say penicillin maybe.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Depends how you guage the success of an invention. Personally, I vote for the humble motor car, as it is certainly the invention with the biggest effect on our society.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Tom said:
Depends how you guage the success of an invention. Personally, I vote for the humble motor car, as it is certainly the invention with the biggest effect on our society.

Sure it is :rolleyes: How about the printing press? No industrial revolution without that.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I don't compare the Industrial Revolution with the car, as the former had a largely negative effect on people's lives, whereas the latter has a positive effect.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I vote the toilet as the best invention ever.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Teh Wheel (tm)

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
Think I agree with the toilet, I mean how else would I "splatter ze bowl"?
Other great inventions:
-cheese
-pointy sticks
-pie

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:
Teh Wheel (tm)
Bah if it wasnt for the wheel we'd all have flying cars by now, curse the wheel
(or atleast cool looking hovercrafts :) )

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
Something boring, but where would we be without it. "Paper"?

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
I don't compare the Industrial Revolution with the car, as the former had a largely negative effect on people's lives, whereas the latter has a positive effect.

He wasn't comparing the Industrial Revolution with the car either.... he said the printing press.

And the fact the car has had a serious negative effects on peoples lifes. Pollution, and then of course deaths.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
What about the humble knife? It has lots of uses, and even spawned the age old saying "Best thing since sliced bread" But noone gives credit to the knife that sliced the bread, NO! THEY DON'T BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL UNAPPRECIATIVE TARTS WHO DON'T DESERVE THE LOVELINESS OF THE SHARP BLADED OBJECT OF GOODNESS THAT COMES IN MANY MANY SHAPES AND SIZES AND BEST OF ALL JUST PLAIN ROCKS!!11!1.

**ahem* so..The knife then... :worthy:

(ps, it kills people too, which is nice :cheers: )

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Tom said:

Um, no cars without the Industrial revolution! The Industrial Revolution is the single most important thing to happen to humanity since the start of the neolithic era! While the industrial revolution was not necessarily a nice thing at the time it happened for people involved on a personal level (and continues to affect people's lives), the positives FAR outweigh the negatives; we live longer, eat better, have nice toys to play with, cars to drive, and don't die at 30 and have to go to bed when it gets dark. We wear nice clothes that cost a fraction of our incomes, we can eat food from anywhere in the world, and be anywhere in the world in 24 hours. And without the printing press, the industrial revolution wouldn't have happened. I rest my case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom