Greatest invention ever made?

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
thread is too long to read from start to finish

but i say....

the wheel... it started the whole human evolution :D

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
electrisity, without it, i couldnt of made this post, and u couldnt of made the thread, and we would be sitting in dark rooms without anything to do most of the day, :p

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
well i could think of a few things to do

*grin grin*

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Electricity isn't really an invention, though... I'd say it was more of a discovery.

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
thats true, ok, how about.... the .. hard to word it, sewage works or whateva, what ever cleans the water so we dont get evil diseases from it.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
I made this thread because a co-worker said that the stupid internet "kiddies" would probably say internet or some stupid game.

But uh, the internet is a fucking fantastic invention.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Toilet paper... the thought if living without it is too horrible to imagine

:worthy:

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i think its more fun to imagine what the greatest invention would of been if the current things hadnt been invented :) like someone already said, if we didnt invent the wheel then we might be in flying cars etc

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
That's highly doubtful tbh, trying to fly before you can walk? I don't think so somehow.

tris-

you dont think so because of the way things have progressed now, anything else seems impossible.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Look at it like this; you're trying to do complex maths, before you know how to count. It just doesn't work like that.

tris-

are you trying to say if things didnt get discoverd/invented in the order and way they did, then we would have nothing because they are the only things that we could have? i think this is off topic now anyway hehe ;)

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
There is an order for which things can be done. It's probably a bit like evolution. You don't go from an elephant to a single celled organism do you?

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Somehow, I can't imagine Caveman Ugg flying around in a fusion powered hovercraft.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Brynn said:
i hate the tephlamaphone - would prefer to speak to people face to face.

That would be a bit time consuming when people live far away from you and you have to travel to see them. Especially if they live in another country.

Dr_Weasel

One of Freddy's beloved
The thermos flask gets my vote.

A damn clever invention that. Just how does it know if it should keep things hot or cold huh?? Just answer me that*!

*Infact dont, cos I know the answer already.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
TdC said:
I'd rather not. it's shit :(

No. It's great. As long as you are viewing it from the point of view of a BAD movie. It's epically bad :) I've seen it twice :D

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
when put that way, then yes indeed, it is epically bad. for one with a proven liking for BE's badness, would you rate it above or below Dracula2000 (my personal benchmark for bad movies) on a scale of good badness?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Oooh - I've never seen it. It was on telly the other day too. What a poor, naive, foolish, but sexy young dick I am :(

TdC

Yes, I saw the last bit of it the other day. You should give it a shot imo, if only to rate it's shiteness. It's the only film I've ever walked out of a cinema for!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Perhaps it's on Kazaa :)

(of course I own the original.)

TdC

of course! nobody here doubts your word!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It's taken me years to build up such a good rep with you all :)

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
DaGaffer said:
Um, no cars without the Industrial revolution! The Industrial Revolution is the single most important thing to happen to humanity since the start of the neolithic era! While the industrial revolution was not necessarily a nice thing at the time it happened for people involved on a personal level (and continues to affect people's lives), the positives FAR outweigh the negatives; we live longer, eat better, have nice toys to play with, cars to drive, and don't die at 30 and have to go to bed when it gets dark. We wear nice clothes that cost a fraction of our incomes, we can eat food from anywhere in the world, and be anywhere in the world in 24 hours. And without the printing press, the industrial revolution wouldn't have happened. I rest my case.

Personally I'd say that the invention of farming was the biggest and most important as it allowed hunter gather societies to settle down and spend more time developing intellectually rather than just surviving day to day.

Although I'd argue that in the modern age the most important invention was the telegraph.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
The greatest invention of all time is very very clear to me. It can't be clear to any of you other buggers cos you haven't mentioned it yet.

It's the PlayStation 2. Any other response to the question "What is the best thing ever?" would be wrong. And you all fucking know it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom