Gratz Mids, 3 Relics is yours now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
BlitheringIdiot said:
Personally, no I dont think its fine, I'm fairly disappointed that 150ish mids were prepared to potentially ruin RRs forever. You just asked for an answer and I gave you one :p I can see why it will be incredibly hard to successfully do it at a decent time with alb having the population it has, but then I thought that was the whole point of the relics - they arent supposed to be easy to get.

Lets say one of those had been a leader type person, all it would take is 100ish people and you've comfortably got the relics at a really lame time. Can you honestly say that you are so sure of your realm mates that this would never happen?

Yes, it's especially disappointing that the numbers on the raid were so high (and given the fact that you can easily do an alarmclock raid with 5fg, unnecessary).

Am I so sure of my realm mates? No, I'm not: and that's why I argued on BW with the Albs who said that we should alarmclock raid when we had no relics. It's why, when Fellowship alliance did major keep takes, we made it clear to everyone from the start that there would be NO relic raid at the end of it, as it would be past primetime. The only way to ensure that people towed the line on alarmclock raids was to point out that it was unacceptable, to argue with them.

But don't forget that for many, many months, Alb - which as we all know has a larger population than Mid - didn't do alarm clock raids even when we had no relics. That was because every alliance and every major guild leader was against them.

lars

Fledgling Freddie
easy to do with 5fg ?

Someone somewhere should try taking 6 keeps simultaneously with 5fg, or fighting uber guards with that number. (that failed xmas eve btw).

What is being overlooked is that there was resistance to this raid it wasnt just NPCs. Admittedly there wasnt the alb zerg but I saw the corpses at the gatekeeper after the first door was down (10 minutes to go for second door which had ony 2 rams on it). We had lots of reports of albs all through the raid but they died at the gatekeeper in the main.

What I didnt see was any attempt to block HW MMG it took 45 minutes to get the second set of relics near there and nothing was done to block it.

Until the login rules change in patch 1.65 stopping logins inside keeps under attack prime time raids are gonna be mainly ninja based cos you cant stop players with multiple alts logging them at defendable keeps.

Things will improve even if GOAs server cant take the strain atm.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
stubbyrulz said:
i cant see why albs wont accept that its impoosible to do a relic raid when they have got twice ur numbers defending :/

Why where Hibs able to do a prime time relic raid on Midgard then?
I think they have even less player percentage wise than the difference between Albion and Midgard.
Regards, Glottis

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
lars said:
What I didnt see was any attempt to block HW MMG it took 45 minutes to get the second set of relics near there and nothing was done to block it.

There were no Albs online. Just FYI.
Might explain why nobody was able to defend...
200+ Mids against 30 lvl 50's...
Roxor! Mid style!
Regards, Glottis

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Baltazhar said:
I dont understand why you Albs complain?? Your realm is EXTREMLY OVERPOPULATED on the excalibur server. To go on a relic raid against you on prime time would be suicide. And btw.. all those pathetic spys you have in Mid destroy everything we planning to do :twak:

How could you all now that we were coming last time we did a rr?? over 200 albs just waited for us inside the relic keep!!! So please stop complaining. :kissit:

[Guild] A Scout from your outpost was just killed. 200 odd enemies in the area.

Lemme think... midgard tea party in the Pennines?

Czaedes

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

rofl :clap:

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Flimgoblin said:

lol ^^

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
First of all congratulations to all Mids for a well executed relic raid. It take a bit of effort to rally the relic force at that time and requires strong morale in the realm. It is good that relics move between the realms. It revitalises rvr.

For Albs, time to show that stiff upper lip the Albion Isles are famous for instead of pouting like children. I take it you are deep into planning a new raid by now, with Excal down a day now you really dont have an excuse not doing it :)

Secondly, lame relic raid times? Pardon my ignorance here but there is only one thing that matters when you put a relic raid in motion. That is RESULT. And the only important thing that matters during those hours is to make sure the relic ends up in your relic keep. Rps are inconsequential. Those will come during the week after the raid when everyone is walking on needles as soon as enemies are reporting in your frontiers. Mass scale war? Well maybe, but not until we get better servers/game engine that can manage 400+ people in the same zone without crashing. Only make raids on prime time? If you want fair play go play football, this is war and only the loser tries to play fair there...

Once again, gratz to the Mids, but dont grow to fond of them, they wont stay forever in your grubby little hands you know :)

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
sheesh, i dunno, u go away for one weekend and come back and see you've missed all this!!

Nerf holidays!

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
It was a very stupid thing for mids to do. Now the server will decend into alarm clock raids again and we will all know who to blame.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Loxleyhood said:
It was a very stupid thing for mids to do. Now the server will decend into alarm clock raids again and we will all know who to blame.
No they wont, albs wont do it back/

Arindra

Fledgling Freddie
Funny how hib can do primetime raids but mid, with a much less significant population disadvantage, can't.

The depressing thing here isn't that the raid happened, there are twerps who push this sort of thing in all realms, it's that enough guilds supported it to make it a success.

Which is a shame for mid really.

Oh well, on the bright side at least the mids might wake up a little - since when they lack relics they seem to do nothing except piss and moan about how midgard is 'dying'.

Every cloud, silver lining etc I suppose.

Arindra

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:

Fortunately I don't believe it will.

Thankfully all the major guilds have been pretty firm on not wanting to descend into alarm clock lameness.

See, that's 2 silver linings already.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Arindra said:
Oh well, on the bright side at least the mids might wake up a little - since when they lack relics they seem to do nothing except piss and moan about how midgard is 'dying'.
Id like to see yoru realm survive with only 4 lvl50 classes all over the place and 90% leet gank group guilds with stupid names... ;)

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
We might. I wont. I actually sleep.

There were enough people arguing before we we took the relics that we should do an alarmclock raid. Those people are, no doubt, at the moment planning to do one.

Powahhh

Fledgling Freddie
Czaedes said:
Yes, but not any realm can match the size of a primetime Alb force. See where I'm getting? :/

such crap said
and cause noone can chalenge the albion zerg lets push the easy button
and FYI clueless noob Adramel took relics in primehour when mid population was <<<<< albion
now albion and mid population is better than those days (thank savages a lot of retards left...too bad many bored to roll a new 50 :( )

it is really funny this excuses....really fun :twak: :wij:

Czaedes

Fledgling Freddie
Powahhh said:
such crap said
and cause noone can chalenge the albion zerg lets push the easy button
and FYI clueless noob Adramel took relics in primehour when mid population was <<<<< albion
now albion and mid population is better than those days (thank savages a lot of retards left...too bad many bored to roll a new 50 :( )

Powahhh I changed opinions on the fourth page ;)

Czaedes said:
And well i don't know, I suppose saying realm pop is an issue is just some lazy half-thought out idiotic excuse. Afterall, Hibs've done it.

Afraid to say it, but I suppose you're right. Was a lame excuse and nothing but an excuse as well.

Thorondorito

One of Freddy's beloved
midgard forces made a good relic raid yesterday at a primetime hour on prydwen server.

i suggest excalibur midis to learn about it.

and of course, there are more albs there than mids (or at least same numbers) and they had the guts to make a RR at a primetime hour.

im tired of seeing people whining about the alb zerg and its numbers, ffs, dont cry and learn tactics.

Frozensolid

One of Freddy's beloved
Hehe, seems like so long ago now... doesn't it :)
sry, thought i would be funny to bump it once :p

Gorbash

One of Freddy's beloved
omg, had read 3 pages of that thinking what a bunch of arseholes the middies were until i noticed the date! :(

oh well, my bad... but your still arseholes :x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom