Gratz Mids, 3 Relics is yours now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
1,585
A Good performed relic raid as you go the relics.




(for flame go BW)
 

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
1,025
Aloca said:
A Good performed relic raid as you go the relics.
(for flame go BW)
Ummm, will you say gratz if the Albs take the power relics from Hibernia on a early saturday morning?
No skill relic raid, which fits with the Midgard mentality of DaoC playing.
And about for flame go BW, you start by gratsing some clueless Mids who's only objective is to ruin this game.
Regards, Glottis :eek:
 

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
1,585
Glottis said:
Ummm, will you say gratz if the Albs take the power relics from Hibernia on a early saturday morning?
No skill relic raid, which fits with the Midgard mentality of DaoC playing.
And about for flame go BW, you start by gratsing some clueless Mids who's only objective is to ruin this game.
Regards, Glottis :eek:

The Objective in this game is to kill as much and fast as possible.
2nd objective is the own the relics.

I think that Mids just managed to do the 2nd objective that leads to first one is possible.
 

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 29, 2003
Messages
2,047
Not too pleased about this one, i was really hoping people had put the early morning RR mentality behind them. :(
 

Glorien

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 30, 2003
Messages
279
Archeon said:
Not too pleased about this one, i was really hoping people had put the early morning RR mentality behind them. :(
Yeah me too, but the fotms strike again.

But btw mids when we take the relics back pls dont cry cos u got em in a way most people agreed not to do.
 

Joxor

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 26, 2003
Messages
47
Congrats on having the special Alarm Clock RA mids :)
Hope you enjoy the relics!
 

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
3,217
Ooooh, Gonna reactive my sub now...

Just kidding ;)
 

Marc

FH is my second home
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
11,027
Congratulations Mids :clap:

After all, it is a 24 hour game
 

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
4,337
Santa distributed the Alarm Clocks this Xmas...maybe Mids might recieve some Vertebrae next year who knows?
 

Czaedes

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
118
As expected a lot of Albs took this Relic Raid quite seriously and let their heart out (whined) quite intensly, claiming we have the primetime "rule" when it comes to relic raiding.

But wouldn't this only be in favor for Albion? There is no way a Mid force or a Hib force can match the number of albs on at primetime. No matter how many players we bring, Albs will still be able to summon a greater force at primetime.

What does it change that the so called "alarmclock raids" might start again? The ONLY realm this rule benefits were the Albs themselves. They're still the great 'ol mob and no matter what time it is I doubt Mid will be able to defend relics with 43% of the server pop knocking on our gates.

Thought it was a silly rule on a 24/7 game to begin with and found it ridiculous that the realm with the highest population were guarenteed relics.

Just my 2 cents though
 

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
4,337
Czaedes said:
As expected a lot of Albs took this Relic Raid quite seriously and let their heart out (whined) quite intensly, claiming we have the primetime "rule" when it comes to relic raiding.

But wouldn't this only be in favor for Albion? There is no way a Mid force or a Hib force can match the number of albs on at primetime. No matter how many players we bring, Albs will still be able to summon a greater force at primetime.

What does it change that the so called "alarmclock raids" might start again? The ONLY realm this rule benefits were the Albs themselves. They're still the great 'ol mob and no matter what time it is I doubt Mid will be able to defend relics with 43% of the server pop knocking on our gates.

Thought it was a silly rule on a 24/7 game to begin with and found it ridiculous that the realm with the highest population were guarenteed relics.

Just my 2 cents though
Any realm can use the early morning raid to get the relics.
 

Czaedes

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
118
swords said:
Any realm can use the early morning raid to get the relics.
Yes, but not any realm can match the size of a primetime Alb force. See where I'm getting? :/
 

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
1,103
swords said:
Santa distributed the Alarm Clocks this Xmas...maybe Mids might recieve some Vertebrae next year who knows?

lol best quote of the day :D
 

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
898
It just takes one realm to do it once and we are back into the same mess all over again, unfortunately it was 'us' and I'm extremely unhappy about it but if I hear another poorly constructed joke revolving around an alarm clock I think I'll scream! :p
 

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
1,025
Czaedes said:
Yes, but not any realm can match the size of a primetime Alb force. See where I'm getting? :/
Ummmmmmmmm.....
Mids complained like hell when Albs did an RR that just happend and took place at 6am after around 12 hours of taking and defending Mid keeps.
Albs did a log out raid, and Mids complained while they did the same...
Mids bitch about every single Alb relic raid we have done in prime time, just cause Albs are slightly better at putting rams on the 3rd door due to minstrels.
Mids bitch about everything, and those relic leaders with any track record all agreed alarm clock raiding as introduced by the allmighty Ardarmels should stop.
See where I'm getting?
Has nothing to do with population sizes, cause last time I was able to check Alb/Mid/Hib lvl 50 population Alb and Mid populations were not massively different.
Last time Albs took relics, there were just no Mids who wanted to defend.
Regards, Glottis
 

Ghostly

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 30, 2003
Messages
84
Glottis said:
Ummmmmmmmm.....
Mids complained like hell when Albs did an RR that just happend and took place at 6am after around 12 hours of taking and defending Mid keeps.
Albs did a log out raid, and Mids complained while they did the same...
Mids bitch about every single Alb relic raid we have done in prime time, just cause Albs are slightly better at putting rams on the 3rd door due to minstrels.
Mids bitch about everything, and those relic leaders with any track record all agreed alarm clock raiding as introduced by the allmighty Ardarmels should stop.
See where I'm getting?
Has nothing to do with population sizes, cause last time I was able to check Alb/Mid/Hib lvl 50 population Alb and Mid populations were not massively different.
Last time Albs took relics, there were just no Mids who wanted to defend.
Regards, Glottis

Glottis summed it up nicely there :clap:
 

Cuthervaen

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 25, 2003
Messages
18
The solution was so obvious!!

Ok Albs are whining about relic raid times, and both other realms are whining about alb population (and ofc all 3 realms whine routinely about DF, savages, the color of the grass in Emain etc. but that's off topic)

The solution was obvious enough -slaps forehead- get 50% albs to do the 8 PM to 8 AM shift and the rest to do the 8 AM to 8 PM shift of course!

- less zergs
- smaller infil groups (actually not my part here, but that's to please the SBs)
- real 24h/24h action !
- both population will be able to meet NP group so no one looses anything

Maybe Mythic could help by giving rps raises on night shifts? I'd expect Korea be against that though (old : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/2499957.stm) :rolleyes:

Come on, night shifts are the corollary of progress in every human activity, as shown already by factory workers, McDonalds employees and computer industry slaves around the world, it was only a question of time before DaoC players had to adjust!

Of course, since you are NOT getting paid, there is no reason to refrain from calling in sick :flame:
 

Coren

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
310
Cuthervaen said:
Ok Albs are whining about relic raid times, and both other realms are whining about alb population (and ofc all 3 realms whine routinely about DF, savages, the color of the grass in Emain etc. but that's off topic)

The solution was obvious enough -slaps forehead- get 50% albs to do the 8 PM to 8 AM shift and the rest to do the 8 AM to 8 PM shift of course!

- less zergs
- smaller infil groups (actually not my part here, but that's to please the SBs)
- real 24h/24h action !
- both population will be able to meet NP group so no one looses anything

Maybe Mythic could help by giving rps raises on night shifts? I'd expect Korea be against that though (old : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/2499957.stm) :rolleyes:

Come on, night shifts are the corollary of progress in every human activity, as shown already by factory workers, McDonalds employees and computer industry slaves around the world, it was only a question of time before DaoC players had to adjust!

Of course, since you are NOT getting paid, there is no reason to refrain from calling in sick :flame:
:D givf £3.80/hr for playing daoc! x1.5 at night!
 

lars

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
2
Winge Moan as usual

Facts:
Mids got 3 relics today

Now albs can do a relic raid themselves. Maybe they need the excessive numbers, multiple trebs and full third door infiltrator ninja raid like last time maybe not.

Whatever surely its better than rushing 3 times the number of people onto your enemies like u usually do.

BTW if albs really are so uber and love the prime time so much why cant they ever take a hib relic. I know for a fact that the main reason mids dont attact hib is because of a giant alb zerg between the relic and our milegate in emain. The minute a hib fort falls we have not only efficient hib defences but our friendly albs visiting.


The mid raid today makes life more interesting.

C u in the frontiers.
 

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
4,337
lars said:
Facts:
Mids got 3 relics today

Now albs can do a relic raid themselves. Maybe they need the excessive numbers, multiple trebs and full third door infiltrator ninja raid like last time maybe not.

Whatever surely its better than rushing 3 times the number of people onto your enemies like u usually do.

BTW if albs really are so uber and love the prime time so much why cant they ever take a hib relic. I know for a fact that the main reason mids dont attact hib is because of a giant alb zerg between the relic and our milegate in emain. The minute a hib fort falls we have not only efficient hib defences but our friendly albs visiting.


The mid raid today makes life more interesting.

C u in the frontiers.
You ever seen how far away from the BK Myrddin is in comparison the its other realm counterparts...
 

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 25, 2003
Messages
294
On a busy server it's going to become increasingly hard (and now getting now into the realms of near impossible) to do a primetime raid. Ultimately there are two answers and these are ninja raids and there are alarm clock raids. That's the situation and none of has to like it but if you want the relics this is what you have to do. No, it may not seem fair, but really (whine's aside) what else can be considered a winning strategy anymore?
 

the_hermit

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
195
Czaedes said:
Yes, but not any realm can match the size of a primetime Alb force. See where I'm getting? :/
The servers at GOA are worthy opponents... Halted a Primetime RR in it's tracks tbh.
 

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
1,025
lars said:
Facts:
Mids got 3 relics today
....
The mid raid today makes life more interesting.
All these people have these midconceptions about our last prime time relic raid on Midgard. Yes, 200 Albs logged throught the realm. Brought down a lot of the keeps within 10 minutes time of eachother while the main force attacked the relic keep. No Mid could be arsed to come out of the farming/xping zone. All of these tactics have been done before also by Ardarmels, the Mid RR leader. What is even funnier, he did it against the Hibs... What is the problem with them when Albs do it?
You guys talk about population size differences. Last time I was able to check population sizes on Duskwave there was a difference between Midgard and Albion lvl 50 populations, but not major. Hibs have by far the least players.
Just because 20% of Midgard stopped playing when Albs got the str relics because they thought they would instantly suck is not really Albions fault.
The number of brave hunters and sb's in Emain yesterday was silly. The noobs returned ASAP when Midgard got the relics.
Anyway, you guys talk trash about Albion about things you have no clue about, and then act 25 times worse than Albion has done and still try to justify it.
Regards, Glottis
 

Thorarin

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
323
The difference is not that minor, unless you want to call 700+ level 50s a minor difference :rolleyes:

<TiwazBot> Level 50: Albion: 3,875 Hibernia: 2,509 Midgard: 3,115

For the record, that's a 24% difference.
I still don't like alarm clock raids, nor do I like server crashes though :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom