Grats Lord Kagato

Onlyone

Fledgling Freddie
:bazbeer: Big grats Kagato :fluffle:
Its really nice to see that U did hit the Lord title :) So looking forward to the next Grats thread for u. Keep going on the good work. :wub:

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Grats :)

Shame the class went easymode tbh, takes away quite abit of the achievement, nevertheless, you stuck with the class for a long time even during harder times and ofc you deserve cudos and a grats for that.

And Steveh was first I believe.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Thankyou everyone.

I guess a few replies are in order, so :

Punishment - You were one of the precious few stealthers I used to actually respect, until you deliberatly did against me what you condemned everyone else for doing. You started that ball rolling, not me. I'll put it behind us if you will.

Solari - Your the least qualified person here to talk about honour, I left the grats thread for your bum-chum banshee alone when theres plenty I could of said, i'd thankyou to do the same.

Eversmall - Your actually trying to have a go at me for playing an Armsman? and I suppose your class requires so much skill and has such a hard time in RvR?

As for styles, I have 7 styles on my quickbar, how many do you use on your melee toons?

Fuaip - In the case of nearly everyone I have added on, its usually thanks to some previous incident they did against me. What goes around comes around. I have never claimed to be perfect or play perfect all the time, no one can, but I fight with a damn sight more honour then your likely to get against most enemies.

Elcain - go ebay another toon, your not worthy of my time.

Raven - Was a good fight, I enjoyed that one. If I knew it was only you out there i'd of left the oil alone.

Now, speaking in general, thankyou to the people that honestly congratulated me, and take no notice of the jealous fools that feel the need to have a go.

The Armsman class has stayed the same for nearly 4 years, in that time it recieved no direct improvements at all and was simply cannon fodder for mostof that time. Some people, most of which are playing classes that have been competitive in RvR since release seem to think that it makes me easy mode now that heavy tanks in general (not armsman but all heavy tanks) have finally gotten some love.
Well im sorry, im not going to feel bad when I have played this 1 class for 5 years, with the same spec, same play style and for the most part I pioneered most of the new lines of thinking towards this class myself.
Do you honestly think I should reroll to a new class just because after 5 years this class has suddenly become competitive?
Did you reroll your classes when you realised how good they were at the release of daoc? I don't think so.

I wont feel guilty about playing a class well, that can be strong, when i've spent most of 5 years at the bottom of the food chain trying to prove what this class can do.

I'd like to thank my dear Cryissa, my guild and everyone else, friend and foe, who have encouraged me to keep on playing.

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Very Well deserved Kagato :bazbeer:

Grats to a nice and respectfull player and person. :)

U worked hard for it.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
the few times ive meet you; its either with supreme numbers or you running away with your tail between your legs. Gratz on a quite unique playstyle

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Stallion said:
the few times ive meet you; its either with supreme numbers or you running away with your tail between your legs. Gratz on a quite unique playstyle

he earned the majority of his rps on his own, not in easymode hib chanter groups which camped amg room back in the day like you.

Everz

FH is my second home
Kagato said:
Eversmall - Your actually trying to have a go at me for playing an Armsman? and I suppose your class requires so much skill and has such a hard time in RvR?

truthfully after these patches yes

a non moc-lt caster will get owned by

charge tanks (merc,valk,zerk, etc)
owned by heavy tank with magic resist (woot you nuke kagato for 100 dmg gogo)
stealthers (since brittle nerf)
lifetap classes (moc lt zzz)
any DI botted foo'

the fun of solo on a chanter, givf me a second cc or remove stun and replace with root please :/

and before you cry on about how hard an armsman is, wtf is so hard about spamming 1 style that deal insane dmg, you may aswell afk a wedge your 'defender's rage' button down, afk and come back... gratz on rr11?

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
brad said:
What you mean, stevah was an armsman.

Re-read my post, then think, then re-read it again and you may understand what I actually said.

I was responding to a post about some other prydwen armsman being rr11, he was rr11 but NOT on his armsman character. Think it was 10l3 or something, I rarely pay attention to the prydwen charts though so could be wrong.

Stallion said:

Few times i've met you, you had a bard stuck to your ass and still kept running away.
Only times I met you solo you, you just snared and ran for the nearest stretch of water so you could bob-abuse and still kept running away for miles.
When I ran, I simply left because I got fed up of wasting half an hour chasing after you.
But feel free to come try again if you've grown a pair of balls now.

Eversmallx said:
truthfully after these patches yes

a non moc-lt caster will get owned by

charge tanks (merc,valk,zerk, etc)
owned by heavy tank with magic resist (woot you nuke kagato for 100 dmg gogo)
stealthers (since brittle nerf)
lifetap classes (moc lt zzz)
any DI botted foo'

the fun of solo on a chanter, givf me a second cc or remove stun and replace with root please :/

and before you cry on about how hard an armsman is, wtf is so hard about spamming 1 style that deal insane dmg, you may aswell afk a wedge your 'defender's rage' button down, afk and come back... gratz on rr11?

Awww listen to the poor chanter crying...

We all feel so sorry for you, no really, we do.

You've had 5 years at the top of the food chain stun nuking people to oblivion and now your whining because ALL 3 heavy tank classes, including your own heros, have suddenly got the exact same bit of love?

And this makes me an easy moder? having played this same character for 5 years through thick and thin.

If you stick to your so hard done by chanter for the next 5 years who is no longer so powerful (according to you), then you might be in a position to judge me.

As for 1 style? grow up, like I said already, I have 7 styles on my quickbars, and thats the bare minimum I can get by on (already taken down from the ideal 9) along with 7 different polearms I need for different siturations.

And no, i've never cried about armsman being hard done by, i've always said they were under estimated even back when there was pretty much only me playing it in the frontier seriously, but they are by no means the best either, they've always been down in the bottom end of the scale and are now just starting to get competitive but are still far far away from being anywhere near the top.

sopan

Fledgling Freddie
Grats :fluffle:

But must be boring standing close to towers and keeps all the time!

Frozensolid

One of Freddy's beloved
Gratz Kagato, respect to you with sticking to class over all the years...
rr11 is a nice achievement ;)

p.s. now stop calling the vw an easymode kiteclass ;p

Everz

FH is my second home
Kagato said:
You've had 5 years at the top of the food chain stun nuking people to oblivion and now your whining because ALL 3 heavy tank classes, including your own heros, have suddenly got the exact same bit of love?

And this makes me an easy moder? having played this same character for 5 years through thick and thin.

If you stick to your so hard done by chanter for the next 5 years who is no longer so powerful (according to you), then you might be in a position to judge me.

As for 1 style? grow up, like I said already, I have 7 styles on my quickbars, and thats the bare minimum I can get by on (already taken down from the ideal 9) along with 7 different polearms I need for different siturations.

And no, i've never cried about armsman being hard done by, i've always said they were under estimated even back when there was pretty much only me playing it in the frontier seriously, but they are by no means the best either, they've always been down in the bottom end of the scale and are now just starting to get competitive but are still far far away from being anywhere near the top.

How was i ever top, sorry i didnt even bother rvring with chanter till NF since back then noone would grp a nobody (OF ruled ye..?), never even bought toa till i dinged rr6, so im guessing i missed out on the 'op'd' stage.
Because by the time i was templated and ml10. the brittle nerf/stealther love had come in making solo the greatest laugh ever, usually following the situation of roam for 30mins and then go bridge to die to either the following, charge tank, stealthers, warlocks, full group or the usual moc lt'r, fun days, made soloing a great laugh. At least you as an armsman had the chance to survive these few hits (remember i was running on charges.. ive never had a buffbot) usually ended up with me being 2shot and dead.
So much joy came when i finally found out that i can now add arms/warrior to the list of thing to run from. With the situation following the order of

I get jump
Stun (IWIN)
Enemy Purges/Pop Magic Abs
I Moc up (woot 75% dmg inc)
Hit them for puny dmg with pb and die

rinse and repeat.

O and before there becomes a whine about stun, i hate the ability, i find it crap that it is my only form of CC, i loved it on cabby that i had a snare and a root. Stun is crap CC, easily purged/det'd/charged or just simply the caster has a nice delay after qc so that by the time im ready to cast again the stun has broke.

btw armsmen are pretty much the gods of dueling (warden/valk same to), before you whine on, ive played an rr6 armsmen, 50 pole/50 crush with cl pole etc and pretty much walked through anyone 1v1, the owner was well chuffed to come back to see he had a nice amount of notches on his solo title.

Still i never said the gratz wasnt deserved, just imo, the class has been loved to much, not even a respectable DUELING class anymore (warden and valks same again), but still...

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
And u think things r much easier for the rest that usually end up playing solo rvr ?

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Grats Kag.

Sorry I wasn't in game to help you with the final few rps. But I'll be back :)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Eversmallx said:
How was i ever top, sorry i didnt even bother rvring with chanter till NF since back then noone would grp a nobody (OF ruled ye..?), never even bought toa till i dinged rr6, so im guessing i missed out on the 'op'd' stage.
Because by the time i was templated and ml10. the brittle nerf/stealther love had come in making solo the greatest laugh ever, usually following the situation of roam for 30mins and then go bridge to die to either the following, charge tank, stealthers, warlocks, full group or the usual moc lt'r, fun days, made soloing a great laugh. At least you as an armsman had the chance to survive these few hits (remember i was running on charges.. ive never had a buffbot) usually ended up with me being 2shot and dead.
So much joy came when i finally found out that i can now add arms/warrior to the list of thing to run from. With the situation following the order of

I get jump
Stun (IWIN)
Enemy Purges/Pop Magic Abs
I Moc up (woot 75% dmg inc)
Hit them for puny dmg with pb and die

rinse and repeat.

O and before there becomes a whine about stun, i hate the ability, i find it crap that it is my only form of CC, i loved it on cabby that i had a snare and a root. Stun is crap CC, easily purged/det'd/charged or just simply the caster has a nice delay after qc so that by the time im ready to cast again the stun has broke.

btw armsmen are pretty much the gods of dueling (warden/valk same to), before you whine on, ive played an rr6 armsmen, 50 pole/50 crush with cl pole etc and pretty much walked through anyone 1v1, the owner was well chuffed to come back to see he had a nice amount of notches on his solo title.

Still i never said the gratz wasnt deserved, just imo, the class has been loved to much, not even a respectable DUELING class anymore (warden and valks same again), but still...

Ah I see, so its my fault then that you were late toaing up, and that you didn't have your own buff bot is it? Sorry but if you missed the opportunity to make most of your class, don't come blaming me because I did, at least when I did it, my class actually was considered weak at the time.

Gods of dueling? I wish, damn good at it yes, but far far from the best, theres plenty of other classes far better at it, and that is all relative to whom you are dueling against. Besides, I stopped dueling back in old frontiers, now its the actual soloing and hunting I enjoy more.

Class has been loved to much?

Do you actually read the patch notes?

The Armsman class has only ever recieved 1 single bit of love in 5 years of daoc, and that was when they changed the joke of a RA Snapshot, which took them over a year to do.

Every single other piece of love the Armsman has got has been a general change to all heavy tanks equally, which has benefited warriors and your heros just the same.

Yet I don't see you whining at them either :rolleyes:

Oh and before you whine about defenders rage, that style has been exactly the same for 5 years it just took most other people a heck of a long time to realise how good it was, the change to the opening was actually to fix a huge fuck-up mythic did when they tried tampering with it and stopped it working completely.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
whats ure current dmg cap for DR btw?

Don't think most warriors can get above 750 or so:(

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
brad said:
whats ure current dmg cap for DR btw?

Don't think most warriors can get above 750 or so:(

It used to be 789, but I have changed templates since then, will test it tonight as im curious about that myself.

Ati

One of Freddy's beloved
Grats

stlong dps :)

make a gorup char now? I'd be interested to see you play one.

Also, heavy tanks can kill most casters now 1v1 no problem from what I have seen, enchanter's are very hard to play solo. Stun is not a form of reliable CC, and it must last 4-5 seconds with heavy tank resists anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom