Grats ALBS on relics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Frankly who really gives a fcuk its a game, let people play it how they want to...

pass the popcorn and some horner....

:m00:

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
majik said:
Relics are so pre-nf.

I award maji a cookie. Most sensible thing in this thread.

Putting the relics in an outer keep is such a massive paradigm shift compared to OF that it's now utterly, utterly mindless/meaningless to talk about AC raids to recover your own relic.

1-2FG of random gimps can go get that relic from an outer keep now, given the right circumstances. All 3 realms have at least that many people online at any time of the day.

Kais

Banned
pbaz said:

Putting the relics in an outer keep is such a massive paradigm shift compared to OF that it's now utterly, utterly mindless/meaningless to talk about AC raids to recover your own relic.

1-2FG of random gimps can go get that relic from an outer keep now, given the right circumstances. All 3 realms have at least that many people online at any time of the day.

the main problem with the keep an opposing realms relic is dropped into is the fact you can bypass the 2 gates by trebbing the wall down. Once your inside its only a matter of time before the final gate drops and the relic goes neutral. This was demonstrated by the albs on fens perfectly yesterday. RR9 pally on the trebs behind the tower is almost impossible to kill with clerics in fops inside the tower. Two gates on the inner tower could solve this easily but I guess its just another oversight by mythic.

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
Kais said:
the main problem with the keep an opposing realms relic is dropped into is the fact you can bypass the 2 gates by trebbing the wall down.

An alternative interpretation is that this is a good design (rather than a flaw) from Mythic. Makes it laughably easy to recover your own relics from an enemy (as around 2FG of albs demonstrated). And this is a strategy available equally to all 3 realms.

To link back to maji's assertion that "relics are so pre-NF", I think the only large-scale RvR challenge left is the prime-time capture of an enemy's relic. There's little challenge in:

1 - The recapture of your own relic.
2 - Alarm-clocking the enemy's relic.

I guess Mythic implemented this system to avoid relics changing hands infrequently (think back to the 18 months that Mid held the str relics in OF). However, I agree with you that they have gone a bit too far in how easy they have made it for a realm to reclaim their own relic. The amount of work, care and dedication required to get an enemy's relic can now be easily undone by 2FG of whatever random players get bored at 5am. :( If things stay that imbalanced (imbalanced in terms of how much effort and planning they take) then we will rarely see anyone prepared to make an attempt on the enemy realm's relics. And that's not such happy news.

PS. None of this is meant to disrespect the efforts of the 2FG of albs who took the relics. Someone had to prove how straighforwards it was. :wub: But to those stuck in the pre-NF alarm-clock waaaaaaambulance, wake up and smell the paradigm shift. :D

Kais

Banned
pbaz said:
An alternative interpretation is that this is a good design (rather than a flaw) from Mythic. Makes it laughably easy to recover your own relics from an enemy (as around 2FG of albs demonstrated). And this is a strategy available equally to all 3 realms.

I don't think it was meant to be that way, afterall mythic envisage epic scale battles around the keeps. After the amount of effort it takes to take an enemy realms relic in nf, for 2fg of another realm to come and take it back at 6am it seems somewhat cheap, but thats just my opinion ofc.

Foo

Fledgling Freddie
QQ

QQ

QQ

my.php

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
Kais said:
After the amount of effort it takes to take an enemy realms relic in nf, for 2fg of another realm to come and take it back at 6am it seems somewhat cheap, but thats just my opinion ofc.

/agree.

Hope it's changed to make it a wee bit tougher to reclaim your own relic (or, alternatively, a wee bit easier to claim the enemy relic). The current skew towards easy reclaims will lead to no-one ever making an attempt on the enemy relics.

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
Haha Gravedigger..you maybe the chanter the level 43 gimp Heretic nuked to shrimps? and only cause i dont list my 9 other level 50ish doesnt make me less leet pwonzer player then you , you know! :kissit:

Faya

Saveus

Fledgling Freddie
I wasnt there but uhm ty all for juicy thread kept me entertained for 15 mins;)

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
pbaz said:

To link back to maji's assertion that "relics are so pre-NF", I think the only large-scale RvR challenge left is the prime-time capture of an enemy's relic. There's little challenge in:

I guess Mythic implemented this system to avoid relics changing hands infrequently (think back to the 18 months that Mid held the str relics in OF). However, I agree with you that they have gone a bit too far in how easy they have made it for a realm to reclaim their own relic. The amount of work, care and dedication required to get an enemy's relic can now be easily undone by 2FG of whatever random players get bored at 5am. :( If things stay that imbalanced (imbalanced in terms of how much effort and planning they take) then we will rarely see anyone prepared to make an attempt on the enemy realm's relics. And that's not such happy news.

PS. None of this is meant to disrespect the efforts of the 2FG of albs who took the relics. Someone had to prove how straighforwards it was. :wub: But to those stuck in the pre-NF alarm-clock waaaaaaambulance, wake up and smell the paradigm shift. :D

It's easy to take a relic that is held inside a keep yes but there's a different story taking one from a shrine.

majik

Banned
pbaz said:

Maji and sensible in the same sentence. You're gunna give Flim a heart attack:(

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Calo said:
eyezzz!!! :wub:

btw flim & kais, ever heared of the running pbae warlock farming?
Think i can create some fun things with it

*load 2/3 pbae chambers*
*load powerless*
*go outside door/jump down*
*every warlock atleast 3/4 insta pbae's + lots of uninterrupt able one's*
grp them and 1 can even uninterruptable spreadheals!

think with some organisation, that is a giant zerg killer :D

yep and hopefully next in line for the nerfbat ;) given a warlock outpbaoes any other pbaoer :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
the whole taking a relic with 1fg is kinda funny ;) but I think the relics are meant to be a short lived bonus.

If you win a war of attrition against the enemy realm, take their keeps and a relic or two - they have to retake their keeps and then stage a much easier raid to get their relic back.

It's easier to do over time and doesn't require quite as much organisation (though getting the mids out of berkstead was a pain in the arse) but there's still a lot of effort involved there.

It's not meant to be a "haha we have the relic for ever and ever" - holding a relic in a keep should be a constant struggle, preferably during the playtime of most people... but there will always be 2fg or so on late at night willing to give it a shot.

A relic should be a short lived 10% or even 20% bonus... not part of your character ;) (one exception: I specced in "having mid power relic" you're not allowed to take it away :( /waaah!)

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
occy said:
if it was up to me id give mids all relics just to get vp out of FH but...... :kissit:

I wouldn't even want to think the possibility of warlocks having the +20% bonus! :eek6: :eek7:

gravedigger

Fledgling Freddie
Calo said:
go play more deathcrew thx!

naaaah its ok i know you like ur gfxidontdoshitfordamageasaheretic , but makes me laugh even more irl so ty :wub:

Oneeyedjack

Fledgling Freddie
<Sigh> and again we saw the Albs grabbing a relic at night when most of us sleep. Im sad to say I begin to see a pattern.

pbaz said:

I guess Mythic implemented this system to avoid relics changing hands infrequently (think back to the 18 months that Mid held the str relics in OF). However, I agree with you that they have gone a bit too far in how easy they have made it for a realm to reclaim their own relic. The amount of work, care and dedication required to get an enemy's relic can now be easily undone by 2FG of whatever random players get bored at 5am. :( If things stay that imbalanced (imbalanced in terms of how much effort and planning they take) then we will rarely see anyone prepared to make an attempt on the enemy realm's relics. And that's not such happy news :D

I agree with pbaz. We all know the albs couldnt have taken the same relic with 2fgs at primetime. A normal RR at primetime will take much more people and tactics. The game is 24/7 and its designed to be played that way, so what the Albs do, taking the relics at night is completely within the rules of the game. What I dont like is that some think this is something to boast about. Taking a relic from a keep in middle of the night with around 7 randoms mids defending is more or less doing PvE. There is absolutly no challenge in bringing home a relic 6 am in he morning after batteling NPCs at an enemy keep. It can be done - yes! Its within the rules of the game - yes! But its a a challenge? - I dont think so!

I was hoping the realm with the highest number of players was looking for a bigger challenge than bringing home a relic when the rest of us sleep. I guess thats not the case. I like RR because it mostly involves long hard fights, planning and making good and bad decisions in the heat of the battle. You have to coordinate movements and when to strike or not. Basicly a lot of fun for each realm. I dont think that was the case last time.

And ofcouse it was not something spontanious that fell into the laps of those who did it. You brought trebs and rams for a purpose you even went back to restock, I hardly think you brought those rams to farm mids in Fen towers. As Dub said it has been a on going joke in Midgard last week that when night falls and the clock hit 3 am the same 2-4fgs of albs come to Fen to "farm" mids with trebs and rams. Why not a primetime? Why when most mids is sleeping? If you want to farm us come take our towers, if you want to battle us come fight us on the battlegrounds, and if you want to do easy nighttime RR just say so. But plz dont insult our "intelligence" (hehe I know the response to this one already ;) ), by hinding behind poor excuses like we came for a fight, we came to farm and oops we found a whole in the wall that we went thru and used the 3 rams we just happend to have in our inventory.

Come on Albs give us a fight next time and dont take the easy way each time, you still got the number on us, so you should win most of the time. We actually like to fight you, dont give us excuses to start lame nighttime RR on you aswell.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Flimgoblin said:
yep and hopefully next in line for the nerfbat given a warlock outpbaoes any other pbaoer

Prolly,

but that will be in months, by that time many alb tears will have fallen ;)

lets do a contest btw, my warlock vs your smiter! i can heal also! :D
hope u have some matter resist or ill blow your char out of the game back to lvl 1 :p

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
Sorry to say but most of your stats and what you have said here is wrong.

Oneeyedjack said:
I agree with pbaz. We all know the albs couldnt have taken the same relic with 2fgs at primetime. A normal RR at primetime will take much more people and tactics. The game is 24/7 and its designed to be played that way, so what the Albs do, taking the relics at night is completely within the rules of the game.

Ofc 2FG cant take it at Prime time, and as I stated before I did have a prime time RR planned out, with a 3 page tactics to it, so dont think we dont plan those sorts of things too.

What I dont like is that some think this is something to boast about. Taking a relic from a keep in middle of the night with around 7 randoms mids defending is more or less doing PvE. There is absolutly no challenge in bringing home a relic 6 am in he morning after batteling NPCs at an enemy keep. It can be done - yes! Its within the rules of the game - yes! But its a a challenge? - I dont think so!

Im sad for the people that do boast coz tbh really I dont care that we took your relic, as stated before again because I play caster classes, it was all just in a bit of fun and so maybe we could have some bigger keep fights in your plans to get it back. But 7 random mids? hardly think so. I could see atleast a FG non stealther Mids and there were about 4-8 stealthers around too. In the end you did actually fight us off and kill us when our numbers were running low, so to say it wasnt a challenge imo is wrong.

I was hoping the realm with the highest number of players was looking for a bigger challenge than bringing home a relic when the rest of us sleep. I guess thats not the case. I like RR because it mostly involves long hard fights, planning and making good and bad decisions in the heat of the battle. You have to coordinate movements and when to strike or not. Basicly a lot of fun for each realm. I dont think that was the case last time.

Again the whole PT RR that was planned.

And ofcouse it was not something spontanious that fell into the laps of those who did it. You brought trebs and rams for a purpose you even went back to restock, I hardly think you brought those rams to farm mids in Fen towers. As Dub said it has been a on going joke in Midgard last week that when night falls and the clock hit 3 am the same 2-4fgs of albs come to Fen to "farm" mids with trebs and rams. Why not a primetime? Why when most mids is sleeping? If you want to farm us come take our towers, if you want to battle us come fight us on the battlegrounds, and if you want to do easy nighttime RR just say so. But plz dont insult our "intelligence" (hehe I know the response to this one already ;) ), by hinding behind poor excuses like we came for a fight, we came to farm and oops we found a whole in the wall that we went thru and used the 3 rams we just happend to have in our inventory.

This part I feel you are most wrong. First off we had go to Fens every night that week pretty much. At a time when RvR was getting dull as people left for bed (around 12-1am, not 3am (far off it, although we did stay there that long some times). We didnt come out with 2-4FG. We came with 1FG EVERY time. So happens more albions joined us of their own accord, not like we can tell them to fo coz the tower is 'camped'.

We DIDNT go back to restock as you said either. The group made 3 rams and 3 trebs (as we had done every night) 3 rams to take the tower, 3 trebs to knock your wall down. So had it some other group members also had a few rams (only 2 may I add) which we used on inner gate as we couldnt hussle up a 3rd to make a war ram. (Tsolias can comfirm this).

Also we did it at this time coz it atracts enough Mids to farm, but not to get zerged out of the tower (since we start off at 1FG we need to make sure we dont get zerged).

This is the truth (since I ran that FG there every night) but you can think whatever you want (as most other Mids have choosen to do so also).

Please come take it back though coz im sick of the whines :(

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Nomans Land said:
Please come take it back though coz im sick of the whines :(

They have to wait for the hibs to come and hold their hands for them again first :(

Calo

Part of the furniture
Kagato said:
They have to wait for the hibs to come and hold their hands for them again first :(

Kagato thats the biggest bullshit ever and its even pathetic that u believe this 100%
Hibs did actually attack mids also when we took your relics but you are the only one of whole albion who still is blind and believes it was all planned...
Face it or go hide yourself again behind a stone but u know why mids took the relics? because ALBION failed to defend them. If u wanna blame someone, blame your own fucking realm.

I know u can do better then this.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Calo said:
Kagato thats the biggest bullshit ever and its even pathetic that u believe this 100%
Hibs did actually attack mids also when we took your relics but you are the only one of whole albion who still is blind and believes it was all planned...
Face it or go hide yourself again behind a stone but u know why mids took the relics? because ALBION failed to defend them. If u wanna blame someone, blame your own fucking realm.

I know u can do better then this.

Where did I say anything about it being planned or believing as such? I didn't, and if you think its that easy to defend with a 3rd realm camping your every dock and port, give it a go.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Kagato said:
Where did I say anything about it being planned or believing as such? I didn't, and if you think its that easy to defend with a 3rd realm camping your every dock and port, give it a go.

I didnt say its easy ;)
I just said that u can't blame hibs or mids for losing the relic. Things like this happen, when albs attacked hibernia, mids joined also, when albs attacked midgard, hibs joined also.
Thats just how it goes :)

But mids can take relics without the help of hibs and we have proven it before.

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Oneeyedjack said:
<Sigh> and again we saw the Albs grabbing a relic at night when most of us sleep. Im sad to say I begin to see a pattern.

I agree with pbaz. We all know the albs couldnt have taken the same relic with 2fgs at primetime. A normal RR at primetime will take much more people and tactics. The game is 24/7 and its designed to be played that way, so what the Albs do, taking the relics at night is completely within the rules of the game. What I dont like is that some think this is something to boast about. Taking a relic from a keep in middle of the night with around 7 randoms mids defending is more or less doing PvE. There is absolutly no challenge in bringing home a relic 6 am in he morning after batteling NPCs at an enemy keep. It can be done - yes! Its within the rules of the game - yes! But its a a challenge? - I dont think so!

Come on Albs give us a fight next time and dont take the easy way each time, you still got the number on us, so you should win most of the time. We actually like to fight you, dont give us excuses to start lame nighttime RR on you aswell.

A superb post :D, it sums up exactly what every mid was/is thinking :) Excellent.

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
Xajorkith said:
A superb post :D, it sums up exactly what every mid was/is thinking :) Excellent.

Pitty the numbers are exaggerated and what 'was done' wrong :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Calo said:
Prolly,

but that will be in months, by that time many alb tears will have fallen

lets do a contest btw, my warlock vs your smiter! i can heal also!
hope u have some matter resist or ill blow your char out of the game back to lvl 1

I have baseline stun! I must be overpowered :(

gimp vs stupidlyoverpoweredcheeseclass sounds like fun :p

Oneeyedjack

Fledgling Freddie
Nomans Land said:
Sorry to say but most of your stats and what you have said here is wrong.

Fair enough its seems like we dont agree on this matter. Not surprised :D

Ofc 2FG cant take it at Prime time, and as I stated before I did have a prime time RR planned out, with a 3 page tactics to it, so dont think we dont plan those sorts of things too.

Very nice, but I would like to see you do something about it then. I dont doubt you plan it, but I still miss to see some action. I dont feel like you prove anything by taking a relic like you did last time. I would respect a failed normal RR from your part much more than a easy nighttime relictake. Why go and pull a lame stunt like you did last night if you have a wellplanned primetime RR. Involve the rest of our 3 realms in the RR when you have them planned, dont go sneaking off with it in the middle of the night while most of us sleep.

Im sad for the people that do boast coz tbh really I dont care that we took your relic, as stated before again because I play caster classes,...

Well on that point we agree completely. Im also caster/seer and had no personal use for it but I still enjoyed my fellow tanks had an upper hand in fg vs fg fights. ;) And then ofcouse I used several hours along with 100 mids taking it from you a while ago, that makes it a bitter pill to swallow when you go take it back during the night with 2fgs depriving us a chance to defend.

...it was all just in a bit of fun and so maybe we could have some bigger keep fights in your plans to get it back.

Im sure we will have lots of fun all 3 realms when we try to bring it back and thats excactly my point - why dont you do the same? We both agree its more fun battling each other in the big epic RRs, so why do you go and do a stupid nighttime RR? I dont get it.

I feel that you should, as the biggest realm, be able to pull off a normal primetime RR and let more people join the fun. But instead you fuel the Mids mind with a feeling of revenge and payback on the same terms you did the RR. 10 times more of the Mids, now cry for a nighttime raid on you to revenge this last RR. I just feel like both sides have lost, no primetime raids where we all can join in the fun and more lame nighttime relictakes - that cant be in your interests?

But 7 random mids? hardly think so. I could see atleast a FG non stealther Mids and there were about 4-8 stealthers around too. In the end you did actually fight us off and kill us when our numbers were running low, so to say it wasnt a challenge imo is wrong.

I dont want to ague you over if there was 7 mids or 13 mids, but there is still a HUGE difference taking on 13 ungrped Mids and doing a normal RR where 40-90 Mids comes defending. If you feel like its a big challenge to do a nighttime RR, then good for you. But I dont count as the big challenge make it out to be.

Again the whole PT RR that was planned.

<Sigh> Then why dont you do the primetime RR? I simply dont get it why you sit a plan a whole primetime RR and then go do a stupid nighttime RR. You dont give your fellow albion players a chance to join in the raid and you enrage most Mids using suchs weak tactics.

First off we had go to Fens every night that week pretty much. At a time when RvR was getting dull as people left for bed (around 12-1am, not 3am (far off it, although we did stay there that long some times). We didnt come out with 2-4FG. We came with 1FG EVERY time. So happens more albions joined us of their own accord, not like we can tell them to fo coz the tower is 'camped'.

Well you might have started out 1fg, but as you say yourself more joined. Even a primetime RR with 300 Albs start out as fg and surprisingly it grows to a bigger force. And the reason why things tend to turn dull as you say after 1 am is because most goes to bed, hence the reason why I say your nighttime RR is no challenge for the biggest realm. If you wanted the relic and you dont think you handle us Mids primetime, then ok be my guest and grab the relic in the night, but I dont think thats the case, or am I wrong? Say it as it is you grabbed the relic on easy terms when you didnt face much of a challenge and you think thats ok to do for all realms.

We DIDNT go back to restock as you said either. The group made 3 rams and 3 trebs (as we had done every night) 3 rams to take the tower, 3 trebs to knock your wall down. So had it some other group members also had a few rams (only 2 may I add) which we used on inner gate as we couldnt hussle up a 3rd to make a war ram. (Tsolias can comfirm this).

Well I trust you mate, I dont need Tsolias to confirm. Even tho I normally dont bring 3 trebs and 5 rams to a towertake at 5 am, but fair enough you came packing heat and lots of it, that came in handy for you.

Also we did it at this time coz it atracts enough Mids to farm, but not to get zerged out of the tower (since we start off at 1FG we need to make sure we dont get zerged).

Well you sure did make sure you didnt get zerged, doing what you did at 5 am at night. Im almost sure I wouldnt get zerged in Albion at that time (bold claim for me to make talking about the motherland of the zerglings ;) ). Again thats why a say its not a challenge for you, I like to win my RvR fights aswell but I still would like a little challenge.

This is the truth (since I ran that FG there every night) but you can think whatever you want (as most other Mids have choosen to do so also).

Its just hard to belive when I have seen 2-4fgs trying the same thing at Fen every night. You may only be in a 1fg but I also faced those 1-3fgs that came in your footsteps each time. And it was always after 1 am when most had gone to bed.

Please come take it back though coz im sick of the whines

Yes we will try and take it again and I hope we will have lots of fun trying, both Mids, Albs and Hibs, but if you are sick of whines I suggest you dont take the relics in the middle of the night, because thats sure as hell dont bring much fun to any of the 3 realms and then we will whine, since we play mostly for fun.

Sorry for the long response, will try and keep it shorter next time. :D

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
Well still I dont like how you use 5am times for parts where it was stil 1am ;)

and as I said, we cant tell albions to fo. If they come, they come. Its their choice. we dont invite them. Im sorry that people have their own frame of mind :(

Some good points you made. But we took our chance while we had it. Next time I will do the PT just to please everyone else who cant play 24hours :p (someones still gonna miss out though arnt they?) alot missed out coz we took it early, others will miss out because of time zones... etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom