Grats ALBS on relics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Bulbul said:
so what u did get it did u not ?

Oh my god, can we bring back Glottis? At least he was funny.

Has the average IQ playing DAoC dropped while I've been away or something? Is this the standard of the average player these days?

Xmi

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:
Oh my god, can we bring back Glottis? At least he was funny.

Has the average IQ playing DAoC dropped while I've been away or something? Is this the standard of the average player these days?

Are you really that boring that you have to pick on people, or are you going to actually contribute to the discussion?

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Xmi said:
Are you really that boring that you have to pick on people, or are you going to actually contribute to the discussion?

Sorry, I wasn't aware there was a discussion going on. I just thought some twonk was spamming the boards with crap.

OK, you want discussion. I've made my opinion of AC raids clear so many times for so long I really can't be bothered with it anymore, but just for you I'll put it into one sentence: "All AC raids suck". Every realm has been guilty of them, Mids more than anyone else and Hibs less than anyone else.

Beyond that, I care not.

Dubaxter

Fledgling Freddie
I can not praise you enough Albs. So Talented, Brave, Organised, etc etc.

How did u manage to beat a wall........... Now that took some organising I bet.

Your Mummies and Daddies should be ashamed. Imagine all that coursework or whatever you call it nowadays you missed out on.

Meril

Fledgling Freddie
Im sure that the rvr guilds still will be there to feed yah rps sollers!

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
Meril said:
Im sure that the rvr guilds still will be there to feed yah rps sollers!

Hardly feeding mate, fixed mid GGs are hardly ever easy fights. But there were some low realm rank groups who found the courage to roam when they got an extra relic, just hope they don't go away when they have to live without it :( (for 2 weeks max anyway, I'm sure you'll get it back soon enough)

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Mids whine about a Alarmclock raid. :)

Midgard was and always will be the alarmclock real.

In the past, Midgard set their clocks on 3-4-5am on an saturday/sunday
In the past, Midgard fought against walls and npc's
In the past, Midgard hold str relics 4 more than 2 years.

So stop whine.

Do what u can do best.

set ur clocks, wake up at 4-5am and fight against walls and npc's again.

Pittbull

Loyal Freddie
ffs! as im rolling melee char u take the relic, u sluts!
nice going anyways.
:cheers:

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda said:
From what I gather, it wasnt an alarm clock raid, just a "lets start raiding fens and see how far we get/how late it gets" type thing ;p
GJ albs :D
I think AC raid is a bit of a loose definition. So lets try and define it:
Alarm clock raid;

Removal of enemy relics at non peak hours - these hours were originally determined by Albs who declared it to be roughly 0800 GMT - 2300 GMT, and called any raid "an Alarm clock raid" when an enemy realm did it outside of these hours.

It is also defined as being a raid done by any other realm other than Albion.

There must be minimum defence available to the target realm, made obvious by the severe lack of crafters to repair, sufficient classes to defend, and the fact that most people in hib and mid have jobs and families, and therefore must sleep, therefore taking advantage of human nature rather than game mechanics.

While i cant blame them for doing it, its still laim, and deserves no gratz at all, like taking candy from a baby, no tactics, no thought, just pure zerg when the odds are in your favour, unlike the last mid RR where we used a lot of common sense and gave ample opportunity for the albs to defend at a prime time.

And shame on the mids who say gratz too - especially the ahole who said hes sick of hearing CTA in /as, change alliance moron, the FOM alliance is about defending our realm. Tsk, Ardamel takes a break and the realm falls to peices.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Matmardigan said:
Mids whine about a Alarmclock raid. :)

Midgard was and always will be the alarmclock real.

In the past, Midgard set their clocks on 3-4-5am on an saturday/sunday
In the past, Midgard fought against walls and npc's
In the past, Midgard hold str relics 4 more than 2 years.

So stop whine.

Do what u can do best.

set ur clocks, wake up at 4-5am and fight against walls and npc's again.
You havnt got a clue really have you :wanker:

achaius

Fledgling Freddie
This does not appear to have been an alarm clock raid, as has been pointed out by a lot of people. I was involved in a couple of the earlier evening Fens assaults. After I logged they went back for a last run and things kind of went from there. I remember back in OF one time Albs took a mid relic, so mids came straight back and fought all night to get it back. This strikes me more in line with that - the albs just kept plugging away and it worked out for them.

Gratz to those involved!

As for Bulbul, quite right he was banned but OMG I don't often laugh as much on a Monday morning as I have today! Some classic stuff :)

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Grayedd said:
LOL - we still kicked Albs ass in the end - go MIDs at 4/5 am in the morning

...this one made me laugh irl. :)

I think AC raid is a bit of a loose definition.So lets try and define it:

Skip it mate... it´s bound to fail. As we´ve seen in the past, people aren´t even able to agree on the timezone of Excalibur Server, coming up with "but it´s physically located in France, so it´s CET" and "Language is English" and "I`m living in Moscow FFS, 3AM CET is primetime for me" etc.etc. Some people of my guild are living in the US. Think about their definition of primetime. :)

Fact is, all realms have done raids at times that were not conisdered primetime by the other realm. If that´s worth a grats or not is a personal thing. I`ve always been on the 24/7-game side (although I´ve never participated at an AC raid and never will), giving props and grats to Hibs and Mids for their successful RR`s. If you´re considering AC raids lame and refuse to say grats, that´s ok. But keep in mind, that you (not you personally ofc, but your realm) *have* done the same thing in the past.

Reikoku

Fledgling Freddie
such luv in this thread...

can we never shake hands? :wub: you know you'll have it back someday anyway

Platin

Fledgling Freddie
Netcode said:
Ofc it was a alarm clock raid otherwise why do they have the relic at that time? hope mids doing alarm clock back then just to do the same as the lame albs doing

Well we just thought we'd start hitting fens to get some mids to "farm", then VP+groove hit us the first time and basicly as'sraped us which was kidna embarrassing. We went again and got a little fight til mids overran us with 4-5fg (we were 2), left wall we had shot down to 20%. Then I went to bed but I guess albs just thought - oh what the hell lets give it another go. It wasn't planned anyway :)

And you got 3 godmode caster classes now, what the hell would you need a str relic for :p. Sbs will zerg no matter what!

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
old.Whoodoo said:
You havnt got a clue really have you :wanker:

yes ive.

Mids whine about Alarmclock, that isnt hard 2 understand.

Funny thing is.
Midgard was and still is the EXPERT REALM in doing Alarmclock raids.

Duzic

Fledgling Freddie
Bulbul said:
roflmao the true glorious spirit of arthur. is 2 be a slot player ?
i think the true spirit of arthur is about 2 have horner and respect and 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% u guys dont have that at all u just a slot player thats all.

Errrmmm Did i miss something or Did Ironheart reroll mid? :p

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Matmardigan said:
yes ive.

Mids whine about Alarmclock, that isnt hard 2 understand.

Funny thing is.
Midgard was and still is the EXPERT REALM in doing Alarmclock raids.
You still havnt got a clue have you...

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
old.Whoodoo said:
You still havnt got a clue have you...

shut up, u sound like a scratched record.

btw who r u?

cant remember that i ever met 1 of ur chars in old frontier.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
[QUOTE='Thorwyn[B&Q]'But keep in mind, that you (not you personally ofc, but your realm) *have* done the same thing in the past.[/QUOTE]I will agree that all realms have done it, but over the years, Albion has done more than any other realm on this server, and when realm X decides "sod this, if you cant beat them, join them!", Albs jump on the "boohoo AC raid" bandwagon heavier than us others.

Heck, look at the whines they gave us on our prime time raid, saying we were in legue with the hibs etc, when all we did was let them have the keep they kept hitting, and I beleive only about 2-3fg hibs were roaming, killing us mids too.

In the past AC raids were the only way hib and mid could compete with the alb numbers, we send out 100 mids, alb retaliates with 300, normally resulting in a zone crash. Even with those numbers albion continued to send 300 members totake our relics by shear force during prime time, not using tactics, but lag as their ally.

Now it seems the numbers are evening, you send 100, we send 100, hibs send 300 mushrooms. So the need for AC raids deminished. But 6am is just pathetic, on a monday morning too, when most people have to be up for work / school / sign on ;) with the excetion of a few people who take advantage. Whats to be congratulated about that?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Matmardigan said:

btw who r u?

Sorry, I didnt go to Emain, bored the crap out of me, but rest assured, relic raids and defence during prime time, I was there. Once again, you havnt got a clue...

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
I will agree that all realms have done it, but over the years, Albion has done more than any other realm on this server...

Unless Albs have done about five AC raids in the month or so I've not been playing, that's nonsense. I'd like to see you put up some evidence for your claim.

Redfern

Fledgling Freddie
Gratz to albs for getting their relic - but put a restrain on your whiners when we take back ours around the same time of day. :cheers:

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Whoodoo, i've normally got a lot of respect for your posts - some good stuff usually. Were you actually there this morning? Because tbh if you weren't you've not really got a right to describe it as fighting npc's or whatever. The fighting was far far from that, with mids having only a few less players and were hardly 'zerged'.

As has been said, if the players who play during the night (on all 3 sides) want to relic raid or just meet up and /hug that's perfectly fine and more power to them.

The thing that is a bit sad, which you are aluding to with the label of 'alarm clock' is the organisation of a raid by the largely non-nocturnal server populace to attack the enemy in the early hours of the morning, usually requiring said players to get up out of bed at the pre-determined time - hence requiring the 'alarm clock' For example 250 hitting Excalibur at 6 ish when an hour or so before the bulk of the attacking force had been tucked up in bed, while less than 40 insomniac defenders vainly try to stop them.

Insomniac raid's I don't mind, either attacking with or defending against (any ideas how many times Hurbury has been hit in the wee hours?) It nicely spices up my playing time if I happen to be on. Ask me to get out of bed to attack/defend, and I can't be bothered.

I'd like to think that with the exception of Bulbul (who quite clearly has some psychological issues he needs to work through) that all involved on both sides had a laugh, which god forbid a game is supposed to provide.

Finally, as i've already posted on another thread: A genuine gratz in advance for when you take your next relic, and a /cheer if the hibs do the same, whatever time of the day or night it is. Just if you do it in the small hours, give it a go with the people you happen to find online at the time, you'll probably have a lot more fun and feel a lot more satisfaction when you achieve your goal. If you'd rather get a truckfull of people out of their beds to do it, hey whatever floats your boat and have a beer on me when you win.

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Ardamel and Co take three keeps prime time and take the Albion strength relic prime time from behind a mile gate, Albs retaliate and show Mid "respect" by taking a single keep 2-5 am with better classes and more population and they want a gratz? lol what noobs.

Those albs saying oo Mid did an AC raid fifty years ago are just morons, lets not forget Albs did the first Alarm clock raid on Excalibur. Let’s not forget the shit the Albs gave the mids for those AC raids it did do. The difference is Midgard grew up and moved on from the past, I believe every single raid in NF where Midgard has taken a relic (i.e. when it was lifted) was prime time; tis a shame Albion with the NF advantage use such lame tactics.

You can guess what will happen now, Caer Hurbury will be raided at 5am, mids will say weeeell it was cos the overpowered and overpopulated Albs took the str relic at 5am so it must be ok for us to do so… Albs will whine about AC Raid and none will say gratz and woppe doo the Old Frontiers cycle is back… yeah well done Alb feck wits… why can't you grow some balls and actually do a proper raid?

Duzic

Fledgling Freddie
Matmardigan said:

btw who r u?

i think he might have been in one of my old guilds when i played mid, Rabid badgers? ;)

had my dwarf zerk in there galkon i think he was called was loooooonnnggg time ago :p

achaius

Fledgling Freddie
Arkian said:
Whoodoo, i've normally got a lot of respect for your posts - some good stuff usually. Were you actually there this morning? Because tbh if you weren't you've not really got a right to describe it as fighting npc's or whatever. The fighting was far far from that, with mids having only a few less players and were hardly 'zerged'.

As has been said, if the players who play during the night (on all 3 sides) want to relic raid or just meet up and /hug that's perfectly fine and more power to them.

The thing that is a bit sad, which you are aluding to with the label of 'alarm clock' is the organisation of a raid by the largely non-nocturnal server populace to attack the enemy in the early hours of the morning, usually requiring said players to get up out of bed at the pre-determined time - hence requiring the 'alarm clock' For example 250 hitting Excalibur at 6 ish when an hour or so before the bulk of the attacking force had been tucked up in bed, while less than 40 insomniac defenders vainly try to stop them.

Insomniac raid's I don't mind, either attacking with or defending against (any ideas how many times Hurbury has been hit in the wee hours?) It nicely spices up my playing time if I happen to be on. Ask me to get out of bed to attack/defend, and I can't be bothered.

I'd like to think that with the exception of Bulbul (who quite clearly has some psychological issues he needs to work through) that all involved on both sides had a laugh, which god forbid a game is supposed to provide.

Finally, as i've already posted on another thread: A genuine gratz in advance for when you take your next relic, and a /cheer if the hibs do the same, whatever time of the day or night it is. Just if you do it in the small hours, give it a go with the people you happen to find online at the time, you'll probably have a lot more fun and feel a lot more satisfaction when you achieve your goal. If you'd rather get a truckfull of people out of their beds to do it, hey whatever floats your boat and have a beer on me when you win.

A voice of reason amongst the bickering :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom