Rant Grass Cutting & Neighbours.

Do you cut your neighbours grass (If shared front lawn/garden)

• Yes

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Some times

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • No, because we fell out with them.

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
We have an Indian family living next door to us on one side. They keep themselves to themselves. Very quiet. No trouble at all. They cut their lawn once a year. At the moment its like the Forest Moon of Endor. Unless its starts causing us problems, its none of my business what they do with their lawn. And if it becomes an issue, I'll go round and have a word, and they'll probably mow it as soon as I've gone.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
everybody should say hello to their neighbours at least once, always helpful if some1 breaks into your house/car etc or your pet goes missing etc etc etc!

Love thy neighbour!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I feel sorry for people who don't know their neighbours.

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
My neighbour to the left cuts the front lawn (shared) because I let her store some stuff in my garage and I pay to have the tree cut once a year. The bloke who lives behind me cuts the side lawn (shared) because he seems to enjoy it.

I know and talk to both of them....

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I know all my neighbours, apart from them, Because they're never there.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
So, about 6 months ago, a Asian family moved into the house next door, before, it was a white family, a christian family (Don't whip out the race cards yet, please.)

I know all my neighbours, apart from them, Because they're never there.

hate to say it, but...
you made a big thing about them being Asian, and, well, how many of your other neighbours arent wierd foreigners ? :flame:

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Stay out of their business, don't cut their grass. If it bothers you, why don't you approach it sensitively and offer to take turns in cutting it? If they're not interested, then you'll know.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Poo all over their lawn and say "That's what happens when you mess with the Gwadiens"

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Where's the "what the fuck is thie shit?" poll option?

Appollo

Part of the furniture
Im with Gwadien.

I have written 2 replies but both seemed abit nazi so ill leave it at that :)

Gwadien

hate to say it, but...
you made a big thing about them being Asian, and, well, how many of your other neighbours arent wierd foreigners ? :flame:

All my neighbours are 'foreingers ', a majority of my friends are asian..

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Yeah mine are all foreingers too, they all wanna know what love is.

Gwadien

Yeah mine are all foreingers too, they all wanna know what love is.

My point is that I get on with them, even if they're 'foreingers' which doesn't even bother me, lol.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You could always write "mow me" in weed killer.

Appollo

Part of the furniture
I live in Stanmore Middx near the border with Harrow Weald and the my colonial cousins and so on are definately not friendly. So much so we are trying to move out of London to get away from the gangs/stabbings/durka's.

Appollo

Part of the furniture
Where im going there isnt a gang of 20 black kids outisde a KFC, so yes i agree in what your saying but i doubt it would happen there.

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
If you cut my grass with out speaking to me first, I'd shove that flymo up your arse.

But seriously I agreed, it's a shared garden, can hardly be growing to be trees and fruit trues down ...

I live in Stanmore Middx near the border with Harrow Weald and the my colonial cousins and so on are definately not friendly. So much so we are trying to move out of London to get away from the gangs/stabbings/durka's.
Lived in Harrow for 2 years, but East, Northwick Park. I don't blame you, the whole area Wembley, Stanmore etc might as well be mini Mumbai with added wannabe black gangster attitude.

Mate of mine got robbed by 12 Indians outside the tube at northwick park at 6pm going to sainsburys last year, complete with gangster talk and lol worthy attitude.

Appollo

Part of the furniture
Yup, i dont want my sons growing up in a area like this.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I've already spoken in the Gurkha thread about the gent who lives next door to me. I fixed his laptop, he cut my grass. Not that my grass was a forest, but it was starting to have some daisies, clover and dandelions coming through.

Yesterday I gave him a hand with getting his boat trailer hitched to his car (he had a towbar fitted this week). This afternoon he knocked on my door and offered to not only mow my BACK lawn but also to put down weedkiller and ant powder. I said thank you, and said I thought the job was disproportionate to the hand I gave him yesterday. His answer?

"I'm doing my lawn today anyway. You gave me a hand so I thought I'd give you a hand in return. I know it doesn't NEED to be done, but you've got a few weeds breaking through and I've already got more than enough weedkiller."

I took it at face value and didn't take offence. I could tell he wasn't having a go. I don't *expect* him to do my lawn, and he knows I don't expect him to do it. It comes down to getting to know your neighbours.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Have you sat down & spoken to him? He must have a few stories to tell

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And here's the nub of the problem:

they have the cheek to let us do theirs, then they decide to do their grass, after 6 months, and not do ours.

You decided to cut their grass. You like the way it looks. And fair enough, good on you.

However - they owe you fuck all. It's not "cheeky" to "let you" do what you want - especially when "let you" means not actively stop you doing something you've decided to do of your own free will and with no consultation.

You're just getting pissy about it IMO. If you like the way the grass looks when you cut it - and they don't complain - then do it.

Don't fool yourself into thinking that your actions creates any onus on them to do anything though - it doesn't.

:)

But I agree on communication tho - if it's bothering you go round and introduce yourself, say hi and ask them if they mind you cutting their grass. Maybe they'll volunteer some effort, maybe they wont. Doesn't really matter either way...

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :D

You're as cold as ice.
You need to be willing to sacrifice.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
So have you changed your mind yet gwadien, or are you still sticking to the silly view you started this thread with?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
If race wasn't an issue why did you bring it up in the first place? They're people. What the hell does their origin have to do with it? All you've done is show that see them differently from others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom