Grapple Survey.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
if there's 5 people all together on top of him? not likely - you shouldn't have to fight the interface as well as the enemy :) (and is it just me or is targetting one person out of 4 stuck together a complete bastard when it's laggy? maybe it's just the ToA client but it seems worse these days... that or I'm getting old :p)

well you get the name, and its easy vs most dedicated grps as you know who is what rr ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Stallion said:
well you get the name, and its easy vs most dedicated grps as you know who is what rr ;)

you get the name in the stats window amidst a mass of spam of spells and damage messages...

didn't realise memorising realm ranks and names was a pre-requisite to be able to attack someone in melee...

or do you have a little helper window that has all that handy info in one little place? (along with their position in the game of course)

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
you get the name in the stats window amidst a mass of spam of spells and damage messages...

didn't realise memorising realm ranks and names was a pre-requisite to be able to attack someone in melee...

or do you have a little helper window that has all that handy info in one little place? (along with their position in the game of course)

glued to f8+stick? :confused:

its just as easy to check your surroundings as it is to press 2 buttons.

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:

Its really not hard to pay attention to status windows, try switching certain things off, like spell pulse messages, and set the important stuff u rly need to see into the brightest colours, if u can't see them then quite frankly u need glasses or a new PC

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Fluid said:
Its really not hard to pay attention to status windows, try switching certain things off, like spell pulse messages, and set the important stuff u rly need to see into the brightest colours, if u can't see them then quite frankly u need glasses or a new PC

I think he only wants you to hit the bodyguarder instead like you would with intercept, and tbh I see nothing wrong with that.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
noaim said:
I think he only wants you to hit the bodyguarder instead like you would with intercept, and tbh I see nothing wrong with that.

imo he is getting old :wub:

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:

yep, a lot of interesting things in daoc... but melee hits disappearing due to bg, well erm what the feck happens to the melee dmg then oO ? Bg should be degraded to perma-intercept which absorbs 50% of the dmg done aswell or sumit : )

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:

And I am and have always been a lazy fuck, so lemme hit the freaking bodyguarder!!! ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Stallion said:

tbh I'm playing my cleric far more than my merc and the few occasions I have tried to mace a bg'ed luri I've noticed the bodyguard and swapped targets after maybe one or two misses (or just hit my pbaoe nuke since it's got a chance in hell of interrupting ;))

However amongst:

damage from spells, damage from other peoples spells, countless "X is casting a spell" (which I'd turn off but you know I like being able to use my spell messages) it's pretty easy to miss.

I've had "other peoples combat" messages turned off for quite a while ;) though if I had them on there's no chance in hell I'd ever see a bodyguard message (and sometimes they're useful)

The interface is meant to be there to help you - you can get most of the information you need without looking at the top half of your chat window - why is bodyguard suddenly different?

/effects all shows who's casting spells, who's being hit, who's mezzed - there's nothing to be seen for bodyguard. Even if they were to leave it without it forwarding the attacks it should have a visible sign of being bodyguarded - big red "can't hit this gimp" sign so you know to look at your chatwindow and /target the bodyguarder.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Remove Grapple for the good of the game

Think about all the keyboards broken due to that ML :twak:

Ketinna

Fledgling Freddie
u need to see that its not jsut hibs that get overpowered by it, its mids too, albs get a kick in the teeth.

Armsman - Warlord Battlemaster
Friar - Battlemaster Perfecter
Infiltrator - Spymaster Battlemaster
Mercenary - Battlemaster Banelord
Reaver - Battlemaster Banelord
Scout - Battlemaster Sojourner
Paladin - Warlord Battlemaster

GIVE ALBION MORE GRAPPLERS!!! :worthy:

bult

Loyal Freddie
Ketinna said:
Armsman - Warlord Battlemaster
Friar - Battlemaster Perfecter
Infiltrator - Spymaster Battlemaster
Mercenary - Battlemaster Banelord
Reaver - Battlemaster Banelord
Scout - Battlemaster Sojourner
Paladin - Warlord Battlemaster

GIVE ALBION MORE GRAPPLERS!!! :worthy:

Point please?

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
it seems the heart of the problem is how these abilities fit into our favoured setups from each realm.

BUT the fact is mythic dont consider fg v fg when they 'balance' abilities/classes.

mythic don't think: oh midgard's usual gank grp has 4 FZ we better take FZ away from healers...which is why we had so many periods of imbalance in this game.

say thanes, reavers and champions were the only classes that could grapple, and only skalds, minstrels and bards could FZ. now that would be a more interesting situation.

anyway to clarify i see it as a class problem, its not the ability itself: its which classes can use it.

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
bult said:
Point please?

point is albs get battlemaster on totally random classes so u should use infs in ur grp but get spymaster and grp stealth at amg

bult

Loyal Freddie
Fluid said:
point is albs get battlemaster on totally random classes so u should use infs in ur grp but get spymaster and grp stealth at amg
Thanks for making things clear.

Carrera

Fledgling Freddie
Grapple is the worst thing ever introduced into daoc. It really annoys me how I put alot of time into my char to just see this ability come and fuck me and my group over.
Was hard enough to kill hib pbae groups without bg / grapple now its just silly.. must be real boring to play hib atm, knowing that you win all because of an "IWIN" button.
Yes all realms get it but tank groups were used mostly in other realms, now this ability has just fucked all those groups over, and i doubt alot of people can be assed to level a new char and go through that toa grind all over again.
Yes I've been owned by this stupid ability too many times and I'm ranting but its sooo overpowered and hibs are taking full advantange of it. Frankly TOA rvr has sucked really hard and I only hope it gets better. Thanks alot mythic for totally destroying the most balanced daoc patch ever with this TOA crap :/

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
bult said:
Thanks for making things clear.

no problem dude, get dicer in ur grps, or mebbes sst, or whichever weird name setup he is atm

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Carrera said:
Grapple is the worst thing ever introduced into daoc. It really annoys me how I put alot of time into my char to just see this ability come and fuck me and my group over.
Was hard enough to kill hib pbae groups without bg / grapple now its just silly.. must be real boring to play hib atm, knowing that you win all because of an "IWIN" button.
Yes all realms get it but tank groups were used mostly in other realms, now this ability has just fucked all those groups over, and i doubt alot of people can be assed to level a new char and go through that toa grind all over again.
Yes I've been owned by this stupid ability too many times and I'm ranting but its sooo overpowered and hibs are taking full advantange of it. Frankly TOA rvr has sucked really hard and I only hope it gets better. Thanks alot mythic for totally destroying the most balanced daoc patch ever with this TOA crap :/

it is fucked up, ur right, but can u blame me for making full use of it? i have seen my mages be assist trained many many times before toa w/o being able to do anything about it and it feels good to grapple a merc/savage in box now and again lately :X

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Fluid said:
it feels good to grapple a merc/savage in box now and again lately :X

After a short while you will realize its boring i guess, some hib pbaoers (vgn iirc) said it yesterday on IRC: its just too easy.

oh! And if you think rvr is fucked up atm, just w8 for the next patch and buf shears: the funneh! :m00:

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Fluid said:
it is fucked up, ur right, but can u blame me for making full use of it? i have seen my mages be assist trained many many times before toa w/o being able to do anything about it and it feels good to grapple a merc/savage in box now and again lately :X

you guys are just plain lucky there is no rr6+, 4 zephyred mid grps out on excal... no competion, yet. Hope nolby or groove get those mls soon. Prydweners didnt figure out how to beat 3-4 zephyr with caster grp.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
you guys are just plain lucky there is no rr6+, 4 zephyred mid grps out on excal... no competion, yet. Hope nolby or groove get those mls soon. Prydweners didnt figure out how to beat 3-4 zephyr with caster grp.

that's exactly what I meant: mid doesn't have any good groups out atm (with good I mean fully ToAed with 3 sojourners in group). This group will beat EVERYTHING if they don't make too many mistakes. I really hope NP is coming back to excal and shows how it works cause many haven't been RvR when they played for a few days on excal before leaving for pryd.

And as someone said grapple in itself is not overpowered - neither is FZ: it's which classes get access to it that makes it overpowered.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
that's exactly what I meant: mid doesn't have any good groups out atm (with good I mean fully ToAed with 3 sojourners in group). This group will beat EVERYTHING if they don't make too many mistakes. I really hope NP is coming back to excal and shows how it works cause many haven't been RvR when they played for a few days on excal before leaving for pryd.

And as someone said grapple in itself is not overpowered - neither is FZ: it's which classes get access to it that makes it overpowered.

summary of that

poor albs

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
I really hope NP is coming back to excal and shows how it works cause many haven't been RvR when they played for a few days on excal before leaving for pryd.
try 2 weeks. anyway we are coming back. just that more pve stands between us and excal rvr (jacina's sash/bracer of zo'arkat xp) which is why we'll at least take a break for some rvr once we're done with the toa-grind on pryd.

Ulkez

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:

Grapple isnt overpowered ? oO
Lets see, i grapple a hero, he cant move for 10secs while i am stunned for 1sec and after that i'm stunimmune - wohooo, not overpowered.....
Only me that uses grapple to get immune to slam btw ? really balanced ability :d , not like it matters tho, not many tanks use slam anymore :p
Bodyguard = nice ability
Grapple = most retarded by far
zephyr = also retarded

QQ

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Ulkez said:
Grapple isnt overpowered ? oO
Lets see, i grapple a hero, he cant move for 10secs while i am stunned for 1sec and after that i'm stunimmune - wohooo, not overpowered.....
Only me that uses grapple to get immune to slam btw ? really balanced ability :d , not like it matters tho, not many tanks use slam anymore :p
Bodyguard = nice ability
Grapple = most retarded by far
zephyr = also retarded

QQ

thats not how grapple works

Platin

Fledgling Freddie
judas said:
yeah its realy good Ml's are good for something when its only good for some classes/realms...
think before you reply...

Well, I had more use for grapple than what it has hurt me so I'd like to keep it - so thought about it - and I like it.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Carrera said:
must be real boring to play hib atm
Not true!
Playing warden in emain last night and I managed to finish a good book at the same time!

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
Platin said:
Well, I had more use for grapple than what it has hurt me so I'd like to keep it - so thought about it - and I like it.
And that's with 60k RPs experience too! phear

Zzang

Fledgling Freddie
Rulke said:
Not true!
Playing warden in emain last night and I managed to finish a good book at the same time!

How is that monkey-training going? is he rr11 yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom