Grandslam Weekend

soze

I am a FH squatter
And what about Cesc at the end when he hooked his legs around Cole then?

Hardly the same kind of tackle is it?

Arsenal will only be losing Toure, Eboue is crap imo. I think they will buy in january, because Senderos is shite.

Chelsea are in trouble unless they buy well. As I said before losing Essien/Drogba/Mikel/Kalou is going to leave them short.

Liverpool need a miracle to win the league now, it will mean them winning at Utd/Arse and Chelsea for the first time in god knows how many years..

Utd have no players off to Africa, and have the likes of Scholes, Park & Nevill due back soon and possibly a new striker.

Arsenal will push Utd all the way without doubt, and you can never write off Liverpool and Chelsea if they buy well in January..

Johan D at Birmingham comes back in January i think he might be on loan to get match fitness. I agree Senderos might not be good enough to fill in. I think if Wenger buys it will be a keeper so Lehman can fuck off the sulky twat.

Corran

Part of the furniture
And what about Cesc at the end when he hooked his legs around Cole then?

And what about cashley punching out after the challenge? It amazing how he could get up, punch out at cesc before falling on the ground crying about the tackle.

Didnt hear anything about action being taken against him for that, just the booking for cesc, so should be a nice 3 match ban coming up for cole soon.

soze

I am a FH squatter
And what about cashley punching out after the challenge? It amazing how he could get up, punch out at cesc before falling on the ground crying about the tackle.

Didnt hear anything about action being taken against him for that, just the booking for cesc, so should be a nice 3 match ban coming up for cole soon.

Nah the FA will say the ref saw the incident bla bla bla. I liked how they made a thing of the eboue tackle and Gulit said and Terry was naughty and both glossed right over it can't say England Internationals are dirty :)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Nah the FA will say the ref saw the incident bla bla bla. I liked how they made a thing of the eboue tackle and Gulit said and Terry was naughty and both glossed right over it can't say England Internationals are dirty :)

Aye brown nose Redknapp, slating Eboue then laughing Terry's challenge off. Fucking disgrace, I wouldnt mind it if he wasnt such a moany fucker 24/7.

Terry's was serious intent though, he seen Cesc had fell and was gonna be on the floor and he went in to take him out. Its looking like ankle ligament damage damn shame that :p

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Hehe, Hawkwind wrong as usual ;)

Jes, if only I was right every time I would be on Paddypower 24/7 :) A millionaire! The Liverpool predicted score was more a hope than a belief.

Good games, although I wish Chelsea would have come to the Emirates to play rather than just spoil like the first 45 mins. Second half was much better when Chelsea were forced to chase the game.

If cA$hley gets away without a ban after lashing out after the Fab tackle it's a disgrace. Seen players get instant reds for a hell of a lot less. Other than that typical derby played with passion.

Shame about Terry although I don't think there was any malice in the actual tackle, not like the foot was raised into him. Just unlucky with the contact.

Marc

FH is my second home
I dont like to see professional players injured, but in this case, Terry deserved it

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Im a chelsea fan but i think people are writing off everton,man city and portsmouth to easy. Even if they dont win the league i think they gonna make it a fight for 3rd and 4th spots at the least.

Vladamir

FH is my second home

He was provoked, simple ;)

soze

I am a FH squatter
He was provoked, simple ;)

Just like Fat Frank was when in ran in shoving when all our player was doing is seperating Terry and Cesc? :) Such a dirty team its like a 6 year old starts hitting things because they can't get it there own way :p

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Well it was a messy game, i'll quite happily give you that. But i think the way Arsenal have behaved very petulantly recently and i think it'll be their downfall. Eboue is a grade A **** with some of the stuff he does (look at last week vs Boro, could've had 2 straight reds no question), although thankfully there was a bit of respect between the african players throughout the game.

Himse

FH is my second home
Gotta love pointless ranting about tackles and shit, games over.

Footballers are tarts nowadays, can't even take a knock without falling over & diving all over the fucking place.

Waste of fucking space, i'd much rather watch a game of rugby on the TV now than a game of football, im fed up of seeing twats like Ronaldo crying all over the pitch because he is number 1 target for alot of teams.

As they say, football is a gentlemens game played by thugs, and rugby is a thugs game played by gentlemen :D

Marc

FH is my second home
Gotta love pointless ranting about tackles and shit, games over.

Footballers are tarts nowadays, can't even take a knock without falling over & diving all over the fucking place.

Waste of fucking space, i'd much rather watch a game of rugby on the TV now than a game of football, im fed up of seeing twats like Ronaldo crying all over the pitch because he is number 1 target for alot of teams.

As they say, football is a gentlemens game played by thugs, and rugby is a thugs game played by gentlemen :D

Yeah cos Gavin Henson aint a tart is he. Everytime he gets hit by a late tackle he dives around the fckin ponce. And he shaves his legs.

As for footballers, its part of the game now, and a lot of the time its tactical. If they dont writhe on the floor the ref will just play on. If they want to break up play and release presure they have to roll around, to make the ref think its genuine. Its no different to the bore-a-thon that is rugby union where they just boot the ball out of play every time they get they get the ball, or the game is stopped every 20 seconds for some technicallity. Football is a million more times exiciting than rugby union.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Well it was a messy game, i'll quite happily give you that. But i think the way Arsenal have behaved very petulantly recently and i think it'll be their downfall. Eboue is a grade A **** with some of the stuff he does (look at last week vs Boro, could've had 2 straight reds no question), although thankfully there was a bit of respect between the african players throughout the game.

I never have and never will defend Eboue i hate the way he acts and i hope he cuts it out of his game. But looks like Joe Cole took out his ligament so could be out for a few months now anyway. Hes a good player but i hate diving and fake carding.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Liverpool will never win the title with Benitez on charge. He has lived off the Champions League win.

Himse

FH is my second home
Yeah cos Gavin Henson aint a tart is he. Everytime he gets hit by a late tackle he dives around the fckin ponce. And he shaves his legs.

As for footballers, its part of the game now, and a lot of the time its tactical. If they dont writhe on the floor the ref will just play on. If they want to break up play and release presure they have to roll around, to make the ref think its genuine. Its no different to the bore-a-thon that is rugby union where they just boot the ball out of play every time they get they get the ball, or the game is stopped every 20 seconds for some technicallity. Football is a million more times exiciting than rugby union.

Well, your bogstandard prem game is just the same, pile of shit tbh, and thats one player.

Pretty much 90% of players in the premiership dive, cry & just fall over constantly, wtf that isnt football, if i wanted to see diving i'd go down my local swimming pool.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

RFOL at the Henson comments.

As for the Union slight. Cos league is so different, they never kick the ball out of play, ever! The humping each other on the floor after being tackled just makes me laugh. Why even bother with those stupid 3 man uncontested scrums. Don't get wrong I'll hapilly watch both codes of Rugby over a footy game these days.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Face facts rugby is not as popular as football so not as good. Nearly 1bn people watched Arsenal Man U. And to prove my point i do not know who the biggest two rugby clubs are to try compare viewing figures ;)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
And to prove my point i do not know who the biggest two rugby clubs are to try compare viewing figures ;)

90% of the population doesn't either. Rugby is a great sport but the only time it engages the interest of the masses is when the world cup is on. Apart from that not many care and that is shown in some of the laughable attendance figures. Funnily enough it is the same with cricket as well and thier fans are always having a pop at football too.

Marc

FH is my second home
RFOL at the Henson comments.

As for the Union slight. Cos league is so different, they never kick the ball out of play, ever! The humping each other on the floor after being tackled just makes me laugh. Why even bother with those stupid 3 man uncontested scrums. Don't get wrong I'll hapilly watch both codes of Rugby over a footy game these days.

I was comparing it to football.

BTW, Union scrums are uncontested too.

Marc

FH is my second home
Shall we wack him tonight fellow Don?

Lets!

We should put a horses head in his bed first, but then hed probably just think Ruud Van Nistlerooy had fallen asleep next to him

Marc

FH is my second home
Face facts rugby is not as popular as football so not as good. Nearly 1bn people watched Arsenal Man U. And to prove my point i do not know who the biggest two rugby clubs are to try compare viewing figures ;)

If you listened to the bullshit the RFU spout on a regular basis, over 4 billion people watched the 2003 world cup worldwide. WHich is remarkable, considering, the highest watched game (40million worldwide) was the final. The next highest watched game was something like 20million worldwide. So by my calculations there must of been over 100 group games!!

As for club rugby, rugby union sometimes gets outwatched by WWE. Rugby league is by far the second biggest spectator sport at club level in england, but even that is dwarfed by football. The friday and saturday night rugby league games usually get about 170k-200k with the final getting about 350k-400k. Rugby union, league games about 80k-120k with about 150k for the final. Football gets millions.

Im going off memory here, but you can find the actual figures at Barb.

Marc

FH is my second home
Well, your bogstandard prem game is just the same, pile of shit tbh, and thats one player.

Pretty much 90% of players in the premiership dive, cry & just fall over constantly, wtf that isnt football, if i wanted to see diving i'd go down my local swimming pool.

I agree to an extent, but its just the way football has evolved

Himse

FH is my second home

Thats all i meant, i just get pissed at the way they are all such babies & spend half the game trying to get freekicks and stuff rather than just playing.

Drogba is a fucking menace for it, he falls over 24/7

Golena

Fledgling Freddie

It's not just the annoyance of watching a grown man roll about on the floor anymore these days tho.
The entire strategy of many teams appears to be hoof the ball into the opponents box then try and find a defender to throw yourself over and surround the ref shouting abuse.
I do wonder what percentage of goals these days are from penalties/free kicks. Probably much higher than a year or 2 ago, since that's all most strikers play for these days.

Marc

FH is my second home
The entire strategy of many teams appears to be hoof the ball into the opponents box then try and find a defender to throw yourself over and surround the ref shouting abuse.

Stevie G?

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
A. Cole was the biggest disgrace i saw (didnt watch whole match), love that he had time to retaliate to Cesc and throw a back hand, saw the ref coming and started rolling round in agony. We need to get some bouncer-built refs, to run over n pull him to his feet and tell him to grow up.

Football needs some serious post match discipline next season before this attitude becomes out of hand. Need to take football back to its roots and unfortunately only refs and the FA have the power to do this.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I hate the way a stiker can just walk backwards into a defender fall over and its a foul but thats not new Alan Shearaaa invented and perfected that move. Refs never give backing in its always a foul by the defender it makes it impossible to head the ball clear. I actually do not mind watching a game of Rugby every now and then i just can't speak to the die hard fans that believe it is the best game in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom