Gordon Brown

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
From what i've jsut seen of the figures since 2007 the MoD funding has increased significently, and that excludes spending on operational costs. IN fact looking further the funding levels were fluctuating in real terms up and down till 02 at which point there have been year on year real term increases.

In fact we've the 3rd or 4th highest total spend on defence in the world after the US and China.

To me this clearly says that we're either overstretched with too large an armed force, or we're misspending the money, i'd personally go for a combination of the two with an emphasis on the mispending.

Overstretched and misspending. The British Army in particular hasn't been geared to fight in two separate theatres at the same time since the 50s. They're also configured to fight the Russians in the Fulda Gap as part of NATO, not insurgencies in middle-eastern hellholes. As for misspending, put Trident to one side (there are unfortunately reasons why we can't stop spending on it yet), you have to ask why we need Air-superiority fighters rather than decent strike fighters, long-range ASW planes rather than troop transports, Main Battle Tanks rather than heavy lift helicopters. Its not like the MoD can claim they didn't know in advance what they'd need; the writing's been on the wall for over 20 years.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
eh? He's the man directly responsible for those members of the armed services in Afghanistan. He can't complain or get upset when confronted with the relatives of those who have died. He has to put up with it, like it or not. It's his job.

Well he's not really is he, because if he was he'd be out there infront of them giving the orders out. He's inherited a war from Tony Blair, wrongly or rightly we are over there fighting. But to say one man is responsible for everyone that dies over there is a bit silly.

Marc

FH is my second home
Heres a novel idea to stop fuck ups like this happening. Why dont we just pull our troops out? We have MI5/6 to protect our country.

The war in Afgahanistan is one we will never ever win so really, what is the point?

Calaen

Heres a novel idea to stop fuck ups like this happening. Why dont we just pull our troops out? We have MI5/6 to protect our country.

The war in Afgahanistan is one we will never ever win so really, what is the point?

I do agree with you. But at this current moment in time surely we couldn't sustain all of the soldiers in active duty sitting around here?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
He's a conniving, barely competent fucker who can't make proper decisions and when he does they are invariably done to try and get "one up" on the opposition in the media, ... He doesn't deserve to be Prime Minster and is just a slimy toad who slithered his way to the top through political manoeuvring and applying hard-ball and very unsavoury tactics to discredit his enemies and was not above getting them attacked on private lives, family members or just spreading filth.

That sounds very much like David Cameron...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well he's not really is he, because if he was he'd be out there infront of them giving the orders out. He's inherited a war from Tony Blair, wrongly or rightly we are over there fighting. But to say one man is responsible for everyone that dies over there is a bit silly.

Nobody is suggesting that he's responsible for everything that happens, but he's the man in charge, the buck stops with him.

What I'm saying is that his attempts to distance himself from any blame for that letter, are unbelievable. I remember Tony Blair being harangued by that woman in full view of the press - I can just imagine Gordon Brown's response, it would have been like throwing an egg at Prescott.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Instead of laughing at him, tell us why that wouldn't be the case?

Anyone who believes we are coming out of this recession within a year has their head firmly up their own arse, is a politician. or is naive enough to believe a government responsible for it claiming it's all getting better (before a general election).

The danger signs are all there, people are borrowing in the short term, pawn shops and pay day advance places are everywhere suddenly. All we are seeing at the moment is an engineered return of consumer confidence before xmas. after which we will all be in the shit again, the housing market for example has not even reached the lows predicted.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I hope it does, I could use a house with a driveway.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Here's my opinion on it:

- sensationalised bullshit news.
- Gordon is politically useless, but take a step back a minute and see this with some heart: the man lost a child and his other child suffers from cyctic fibrosis, he knows what loss is, he knows what suffering with a child is; I'm pretty sure this letter was written from the heart, with consideration and genuine compassion.
- so he got the name wrong... by one letter (and an honest mistake given the sound of the consonant). I also noticed he got the name wrong in Parliament - did anyone actually correct him after that incident and before the letter writing? I would get it if he wrote "Dear Mrs Fuckmyface" or "Dear Mrs Jones".
- I would be sickened if my own mother behaved like she did if I were to be killed, to then go to the press and publish details of the phone call and the letter just sums up what sort of idiot she is. Have some respect and dignity for your dead son.

I don't like Gordon, I don't like Labour; but this is fucking trash news. However, bad spelling and grammar is rife these days, we need to do something about it. The supposedly bright and well paid people I work beside can't get there, their and they're right along with:

"Your never going to believe it!"

"My never going to believe it?"

"You mean, you're never going to believe it?"

"Don't be a grammar nazi, grammar skills have went away these days"

"Oh do fuck off"

*sigh* sign 'o the times when the Prime Minister can't even sort his spelling out.

old.user4556

Probably shopped, but anyway:

thesunmistakecrop.jpg

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about.

Oh please, I have had my ear bent off for the last 15 or so years from the 40+ people about how bad she was

"and then there was the poll tax!"

etc etc

old.user4556

40+ people from Scotland no less.

You're probably right, there is a huge hatred running deep up here for her. My mother is so disappointed with my right wing views and desire for a Conservative government, "how could you?!" she says.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well Essex might be somewhat confusing, but York is hardly a hotbed of Conservatism, being on the edge of the People's Republic of Yorkshire.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Here's my opinion on it:

- sensationalised bullshit news.
- Gordon is politically useless, but take a step back a minute and see this with some heart: the man lost a child and his other child suffers from cyctic fibrosis, he knows what loss is, he knows what suffering with a child is; I'm pretty sure this letter was written from the heart, with consideration and genuine compassion.
- so he got the name wrong... by one letter (and an honest mistake given the sound of the consonant). I also noticed he got the name wrong in Parliament - did anyone actually correct him after that incident and before the letter writing? I would get it if he wrote "Dear Mrs Fuckmyface" or "Dear Mrs Jones".
- I would be sickened if my own mother behaved like she did if I were to be killed, to then go to the press and publish details of the phone call and the letter just sums up what sort of idiot she is. Have some respect and dignity for your dead son.

I don't like Gordon, I don't like Labour; but this is fucking trash news. However, bad spelling and grammar is rife these days, we need to do something about it. The supposedly bright and well paid people I work beside can't get there, their and they're right along with:

"Your never going to believe it!"

"My never going to believe it?"

"You mean, you're never going to believe it?"

"Don't be a grammar nazi, grammar skills have went away these days"

"Oh do fuck off"

*sigh* sign 'o the times when the Prime Minister can't even sort his spelling out.

what he said ^

:iagree:

Calaen

I see Cameron has been caught with his pants around his annkles!!!! Taking his own photographer to get secret photos of him apparantly caring. Fucking politicians, they are all as bad as each other.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I had a dream where there was a TV show with Gordon Brown standing in the middle of a room. Celebrities lined up to do a one line insult and immediately punch him in the face.

Claudia Winkleman did the best insult/punch combo. Who'd have thunk it?

Calaen

I had a dream where there was a TV show with Gordon Brown standing in the middle of a room. Celebrities lined up to do a one line insult and immediately punch him in the face.

Claudia Winkleman did the best insult/punch combo. Who'd have thunk it?

Winkleman rocks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom