Gordon Brown

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Anyone else feeling sorry for the bloke at all?

I know he isn't the best bloke to be running the country at all, but fuck me he's getting some shit. His handwriting is clearly dross, but so is mine, the fact he writes them himself is enough for me.

She's coming across as nothing more than someone looking for money for her supposed grief.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fuck no. Didn't vote for him so when he gets abused over stuff like this it almost feels like he's getting what he deserves.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's a pointless story, and yes a silly attack against him, but I really don't care. The more bad press against him the better.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
not in the slightest. He is a first class twat. The more shit the better. In saying that the way this women is acting is pretty disgusting.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Yes it is a silly attack against him, even if he is a useless twat.

Our soldiers join up because they want to fight. It's not because they like advanced marching practice.

We sent them to foreign countries to fight sometimes to protect our interests. We have done for hundreds of years. Afghanistan, as opposed to Iraq, is a worthy cause. It's loaded with people who hate us, who are happy to have terrorist training camps in thier country. Who insist that women shouldnt go to school and should go about with bags on thier heads, and never go out alone. And if they do, they stand a good chance of getting raped, because thier assailants know that if the woman complains the likelyhood is that they will get the blame, and end up getting killed for thier trouble.

Afghanistan is next door to Pakistan. Another half useless country, susceptible to religeous bullshit. But this one has nuclear weapons.

I surely dont have to type any more about that.

So yes, Gordon Brown is a useless twat who should be removed along with his control freak government at the first opportunity.

But that doesnt make him wrong for this poor woman's son dying in Afghanistan, and it doesnt really make him wrong for the spelling error.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
From time to time I have these thoughts, then I remember what a complete twat he is.

Calaen

Yes, but it does not change the fact that he is a human being, it's not like he has never lost something he loved.

And I agree with Throd, these kids don't sign up for the forces, to wander around this country. They sign up knowing they will be fighting against people that actually hate us, not Browns fault!

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I think you're confusing two separate things:

Feel sorry for Brown: No
Think this Woman is milking something pointless for all it is worth: Yes

Calaen

I think you're confusing two separate things:

Feel sorry for Brown: No
Think this Woman is milking something pointless for all it is worth: Yes

No I am not confusing the two, I am putting aside the fact he's a twat and the prime minister and relating to him as a human being, I wonder if she would have kicked off if random people sending her condolences had spelt his name or another word wrong in their card/letter? I sincerely doubt it.

He did the right thing sending this letter and he's being raped for it.

The bloke can't do right even when he tries, but I guess that's politics and he should have known everything he ever did was going to be blown out of proportion.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Sorry, be clear, in your opinion he did the right thing sending the letter.

In my opinion the heads of the armed forces should carry out duties such as these and politicians should keep their nose out.

His "Uncle Gordy cares and comments on everything and everyone" bullshit blew up in his face. Perhaps he should focus on fixing the economic shitstorm he's created and stabilise the country, then there would be more funds in the kitty and potentially more funds for the armed services which would potentially assist in more soldiers coming back in one piece.

Calaen

In my opinion the heads of the armed forces should carry out duties such as these and politicians should keep their nose out.

His "Uncle Gordy cares and comments on everything and everyone" bullshit blew up in his face. Perhaps he should focus on fixing the economic shitstorm he's created and stabilise the country, then there would be more funds in the kitty and potentially more funds for the armed services which would potentially assist in more soldiers coming back in one piece.

AH sorry for the mis-understanding, slightly off topic, retailers unveiled highest October takings for 7 years, surely that's a positive sign :p

Damini

Part of the furniture
I don't know - if I was writing a sympathy letter to someone I'd sure as hell make sure I didn't knock it out like a begrudging thank you letter after christmas because Mum and Dad make you. It's a long shot from the worse thing he's ever done, but at the same time, if you're going to do it, do it properly. If I ever write a letter to someone about anything emotionally important, if I make a mistake I tear that page out and start again. He only wrote four sentences.

It would be less offensive if he didn't send a letter at all, than to send a letter that looks like he wrote it in the 30 seconds between having a poop and eating cornflakes, and I say this as someone who has terrible handwriting and awful spelling. This is the full stop at the end of that young man's life, and it is a terrible sign of disrespect to send it out like that.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture

Completely agree with that, I didn't see the point of him sending a letter, technically if she wants someone high up than the commanders, she should have expected a letter from the Queen she is head of the armed forces. Anyway that's besides the point, it is sad people are dying over there but we can't just pull out with so many people hating us, we made a mess and have to clear it up and things are looking up with the surrounding countries like Pakistan helping (or at least publicly) we can clear it up a lot quicker.

Though there's no way to stop terrorism forever, at least we can try and stop terrorists from going against our countries interest's at home and abroad.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
AH sorry for the mis-understanding, slightly off topic, retailers unveiled highest October takings for 7 years, surely that's a positive sign :p
Maybe that's because there's been a significant decline in the number of actual retailers in business, i.e. same amount of cash divided by fewer shops = those still in business have higher takings?

Besides, a few shops making some dosh for 1 month is not going to patch the "borrowed too much money big time" problem this country has.

Not even Mr Brown can make "To get out of debt" the Jeopardy answer to "Why should a country borrow more money?" :p

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
The U.S said the other week, they think they are coming to the end of their rescission (sry sp), so hopefully by the mid to end of next year, we should start coming out of it to (with a little luck)

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oh right... so we must have paid back all those billions and billions then... wait, no.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Completely overblown crap, and that's coming from someone who thinks Gordon Brown and Tony Blair should be signed up as front line troops for Afghanistan and sent on foot patrols.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The U.S said the other week, they think they are coming to the end of their rescission (sry sp), so hopefully by the mid to end of next year, we should start coming out of it to (with a little luck)

AAAAAaaaaaa HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA aHAHAHAHAHAHA

HA HA HA

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hah heh heh

rynnor

Rockhound
I find it hard to believe he actually gives a shit about Dead troops when he's chronically underfunding them which is directly leading to a fair chunk of the deaths - only a Politician could be up to that doublethink - pure hypocrisy.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
AAAAAaaaaaa HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA aHAHAHAHAHAHA

HA HA HA

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hah heh heh

Instead of laughing at him, tell us why that wouldn't be the case?

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Not even Mr Brown can make "To get out of debt" the Jeopardy answer to "Why should a country borrow more money?" :p

But throughout the 20th century, that was somewhat the answer to that question...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I think most are missing the point. He will have a secretary, who should ensure things like this are checked.

The fact that this letter was sent out in this state indicates that his staff are either too frightened of him to ask him to do it properly, or that they don't give a shit about him. This is a man who throws furniture around when he doesn't get his way.

The letter reads to me as though he wanted to get through it, to more important things. Just like his failure to bow at the cenotaph. Its disrespectful, and shows just how out of control he is.

Calaen

I find it hard to believe he actually gives a shit about Dead troops when he's chronically underfunding them which is directly leading to a fair chunk of the deaths - only a Politician could be up to that doublethink - pure hypocrisy.

I know buy more helicopters that's the answer.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Yes. and he also read aloud the name of the soldier at the heart of this story, in Parliament, incorrectly.

Calaen

I saw Nick Griffin bend down so far he could have licked his boots, he should be PM!!! The amount of respect he showed was unmatched by anyone in politics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom