Gordon Brown

rynnor

Rockhound
I know buy more helicopters that's the answer.

That would help but remember the shortages of body armour and even the new replacements for the old Land Rovers have insufficient armour to resist Improvised Explosive Devices.

Theres a catalog of fuckups putting our guys at risk - I personally would pay more tax if it would be ring fenced for the Armed forces AND if they could sort out procurement!

taB

Part of the furniture
Dumb story, it's not his job to check if it's an M or an N in someone's name. As sad as it is that the chap has bought it :(. Ruddy ridiculous story. The PM's press office should bear the blame here.

That said; Gordon is a moron (and a ****).

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
That would help but remember the shortages of body armour and even the new replacements for the old Land Rovers have insufficient armour to resist Improvised Explosive Devices.

Theres a catalog of fuckups putting our guys at risk - I personally would pay more tax if it would be ring fenced for the Armed forces AND if they could sort out procurement!

I wouldn't, the armed forces cost too much anyway, they should do away with stupid schemes like the Nimrod upgrade, trident and other wastes of billions. + stop overextending ourselves, cut back the forces, we're no longer under threat of invasion, and the european army should be the long term goal.
Less people + more effective equipment - rubbish pointless wars = better force

Embattle

FH is my second home
I wouldn't, the armed forces cost too much anyway, they should do away with stupid schemes like the Nimrod upgrade, trident and other wastes of billions. + stop overextending ourselves, cut back the forces, we're no longer under threat of invasion, and the european army should be the long term goal.
Less people + more effective equipment - rubbish pointless wars = better force

Actually the problem with most the programs is the simple fact they seem to arrive late and massively over budget which is getting rather annoying.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Actually the problem with most the programs is the simple fact they seem to arrive late and massively over budget which is getting rather annoying.

That's typical of most projects in every walk of life. Somebody has an idea, and by the time it's finished it's been altered so many times based on feedback and peer pressure that the original idea is usually outdated :p

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Don't particularly like Gordon Brown, but the entire situation regarding Janes is utterly disgraceful behaviour by his mother and the media.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Guess im gonna be contraversial but those who sign up for the army / navy /airforce come on you dont seriously belive the shit they show in tha avderts that u gonna do skiing and stuff .. it involves killing ppl and suprisingly enough those ppl arnt gonna take it kindly so they gonna try kill you back.

What ever the religion of ethics based meaning thats what war is.

So if you get a letter from the prime minister man accept it in the manner it was meant not fuck i wonder if i can get some money out of the sun newspaper on the back of this.

I'm sure as fuck my hand writing is crap and so is his. You really think he meant to offend .. ofc not .. i dont care for him but if you think someone in power will intentionally offend then your stupid.

So we are sorry she lost her son but he put himself in harms way and she has to deal with that not make a whole load of shit in the press that we really dont care about .. unless your a daily mail reader

Turamber

Part of the furniture
The normal 'storm in a teacup' stuff that the British press gets overexcited about it. I had to stifle a laugh, though, when the guy I work with had a rant about this and how the Prime Minister can't spell.

His own son, despite now being in his 23rd year, doesn't know how to half a number and thinks Gandhi was an actor in Ghostbusters.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
So if you get a letter from the prime minister man accept it in the manner it was meant not fuck i wonder if i can get some money out of the sun newspaper on the back of this.

I'm sure as fuck my hand writing is crap and so is his. You really think he meant to offend .. ofc not .. i dont care for him but if you think someone in power will intentionally offend then your stupid.

So we are sorry she lost her son but he put himself in harms way and she has to deal with that not make a whole load of shit in the press that we really dont care about .. unless your a daily mail reader

Its pretty disingenuous to suggest that a grieving mother in this situation would only be interested in making money. Its far more likely that she's extremely offended by the letter, which is full of spelling mistakes and reads as though it was written by a man with more important things to do.

Yes his eyesight is poor and one can therefore excuse the poor quality of the writing, but there should be no reason for those mistakes to have existed. That they do tells us something about the environment inside no.10.

I'm sure she was dealing very well with her son's death, despite the historic lack of support that our armed forces enjoys, but to be sent a letter like that is extraordinarily disrespectful, and in my opinion she is beyond criticism in this matter, especially after listening to that phone call where the Prime Minister apologises for her upset, and not for his mistakes.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
That's typical of most projects in every walk of life. Somebody has an idea, and by the time it's finished it's been altered so many times based on feedback and peer pressure that the original idea is usually outdated :p

Its endemic in military procurement though; I can't think of a British military procurement project that's come in on budget, and actually fulfilled its brief, in 30 years (probably more). And the ones that are sourced from British companies (I'm looking at you BAE systems) are the worst. Its incredible that defence manufacturers are allowed to deliver product that doesn't work properly, and then get paid again to fix it. Typhoon, SA80, Challenger, Nimrod, Tornado F3, EH101, Bowman radios, the list goes on. Sea Harrier FRS2 and GR5/7 are about the only projects I can think of that worked. Throw in useless crap like Trident and you get the distinct impression that UK procurement is about jobs and money and nothing to do with actual military requirements.

And if it was a Euro army, it would be worse; collabaritve European defence procurement is the most fucked up of all.

Calaen

Its pretty disingenuous to suggest that a grieving mother in this situation would only be interested in making money. Its far more likely that she's extremely offended by the letter, which is full of spelling mistakes and reads as though it was written by a man with more important things to do.

Yes his eyesight is poor and one can therefore excuse the poor quality of the writing, but there should be no reason for those mistakes to have existed. That they do tells us something about the environment inside no.10.

I'm sure she was dealing very well with her son's death, despite the historic lack of support that our armed forces enjoys, but to be sent a letter like that is extraordinarily disrespectful, and in my opinion she is beyond criticism in this matter, especially after listening to that phone call where the Prime Minister apologises for her upset, and not for his mistakes.

She's hardly beyond criticism now is she, she recorced a phone call she allegedly did not expect him to make. Then she sold it to the Sun, and the second the found out she was starting to look like a whiny bitch, she is on the tv ready to accept his apology. She wasn't even aware of the fact he had lost a child himself. And now instead of feeling grief she feels like a twat because she is the one apologising, for appearing to corner the bloke.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Did she sell it to The Sun?

I don't think she has anything to apologise for. Brown's tone during that phone call was insulting and hardly apologetic. He apologised for her upset, and not his lack of respect.

Calaen

Did she sell it to The Sun?

I don't think she has anything to apologise for. Brown's tone during that phone call was insulting and hardly apologetic. He apologised for her upset, and not his lack of respect.

The bloke was ambushed with a bunch of shit he didn't need to be hearing. I get that she was angry and she needed to vent. But she should not have went about it in a better way.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
The bloke was ambushed with a bunch of shit he didn't need to be hearing. I get that she was angry and she needed to vent. But she should not have went about it in a better way.

Oh he needs to hear it alright, the butcher should always be shown the butchers bill. Gordon Brown starved the MoD of cash while he was twat of the exchequer, so the lack of equipment is mostly due to this man who lets face it doesn't appear to be good with numbers, or letters for that matter.

Lets stop defending this mardy, unelected twat who has shown nothing but contempt for our country and its people since he bullied his way into downing street.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Its incredible that defence manufacturers are allowed to deliver product that doesn't work properly, and then get paid again to fix it. Typhoon, SA80, Challenger, Nimrod, Tornado F3, EH101, Bowman radios, the list goes on.

Useless bit of trivia for you, the SA80 was reworked and improved by heckler and kock. It's now not as bad as the rumours suggest, but some of the original design faults are still there such as the safety switch position.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Useless bit of trivia for you, the SA80 was reworked and improved by heckler and kock. It's now not as bad as the rumours suggest, but some of the original design faults are still there such as the safety switch position.

I know that; its another example of a POS delivery that had to get paid for by the taxpayer again to get right. I'd actually heard it was pretty good now, and the most accurate NATO assault rilfe.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Brown is always "ambushed" apparently, which he isn't. He's a conniving, barely competent fucker who can't make proper decisions and when he does they are invariably done to try and get "one up" on the opposition in the media, and it invariably leads to disaster. He doesn't deserve to be Prime Minster and is just a slimy toad who slithered his way to the top through political manoeuvring and applying hard-ball and very unsavoury tactics to discredit his enemies and was not above getting them attacked on private lives, family members or just spreading filth. Karma is a bitch and he's getting everything back he deserves, I hope he croaks from the constant stress and the understanding the country bloody hates him.

Calaen

You talk of karma and then wish someone dead?

Oh and I don't hate the guy at all.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
At least she was honest. And elected.

Perhaps the biggest insult anyone can pay a leftie. Sadly true.

I also agree that our troops are chronically underfunded.

finally - sending that letter was an act of incredible arrogance or a lack of savvy. Neither of which are good aspects for our prime minister.

D

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Oh he needs to hear it alright, the butcher should always be shown the butchers bill. Gordon Brown starved the MoD of cash while he was twat of the exchequer, so the lack of equipment is mostly due to this man who lets face it doesn't appear to be good with numbers, or letters for that matter.

From what i've jsut seen of the figures since 2007 the MoD funding has increased significently, and that excludes spending on operational costs. IN fact looking further the funding levels were fluctuating in real terms up and down till 02 at which point there have been year on year real term increases.

In fact we've the 3rd or 4th highest total spend on defence in the world after the US and China.

To me this clearly says that we're either overstretched with too large an armed force, or we're misspending the money, i'd personally go for a combination of the two with an emphasis on the mispending.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
In fact we've the 3rd or 4th highest total spend on defence in the world after the US and China.

Yeh but those are silly countries to compare too, the USA is just mahosive in spending, and China has lots of money too.

We are jostling around France at the moment some measure make the French third and us fourth or vice versa, however we are at war and the french aren't (really) so our spending should be high, but we've had a massive series of complete fuck-ups when it comes to kit from Helicopters to Warships to Communication equipment etc.. which adds to the total, everything seems to be over prices or wrong or borked... the MOD needs a "do over" and the Government should have given war time levels of support to the armed forces from the beginning. But hey ho the war was something in a far away land and the Labour party had much more pressing concerns in implementing their "progressive ideological" ideas and spending a shit load of cash.. badly.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Cant be arsed reading through. Hate the Sun and Murdoch not Brown and certainly not the mother.

Greedy power hungry manipulative explotitive leeches.

Was extremely dissappointed how the BBC broke the news story swallowing the Murdoch and regurgitating it. Completely failing to pick up on the less sensational but politically more important than the way the sun is manipulating the story for Murdoch's entrenchment of personal power post election.

Tom

I am a FH squatter

eh? He's the man directly responsible for those members of the armed services in Afghanistan. He can't complain or get upset when confronted with the relatives of those who have died. He has to put up with it, like it or not. It's his job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom