Goodbye everyone....

Puppet

Part of the furniture
[CE]Hjendug said:
Because the macro program can push the butten faster then him.... i seeeee

Well, the program doesnt craft faster, however it does craft more. If you plan on logging and going to sleep / go out /whatever else and instead turn on the macro, you can 'program', especially on higher levels of crafting-skills, easily 2-3 hours of crafting with the macro-program.

That alone gives the macro'er an edge over 'real crafters'. It safes you time over real-crafters time who still go to sleep and such just like everyone else.

If AFK-levelling/XP'ing is something you dont condone, you shouldnt condone AFK-crafting either. Both are a grind and act in a similair way: Avoid doing boring, repetative things yourself and let em done by the PC.

I do however think that if this was the first offence from Urizen its quite harsh punishment.

Good luck in the future whatever you do Urizen :)

Valhandir

Loyal Freddie
Sad to hear Urizen :( Well I personally think this is just a poor way to deal with the craftingproblems. Macros is implented in other mmorpgs that I know of, and should be in daoc aswell so why permaban without warning very stupid.... nice way to loose customer since I have a feeling more than 50% of the community uses or would like to use macroprograms.

May I ask how you got caught? Since you can turn sound on and turn screen off and just press the key when you hear the sound.. so that would make you afk if a gm tries to msg you. Or even have a little brother pressing the key for you and unable to speak :D

Sad to see you go because a thing like this. Have fun in whatever you do.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Valhandir said:
Sad to hear Urizen :( Well I personally think this is just a poor way to deal with the craftingproblems. Macros is implented in other mmorpgs that I know of, and should be in daoc aswell so why permaban without warning very stupid.... nice way to loose customer since I have a feeling more than 50% of the community uses or would like to use macroprograms.

May I ask how you got caught? Since you can turn sound on and turn screen off and just press the key when you hear the sound.. so that would make you afk if a gm tries to msg you. Or even have a little brother pressing the key for you and unable to speak :D

Sad to see you go because a thing like this. Have fun in whatever you do.

i believe its more mathetmatical than that: the delay between pressing buttons on crafting macros is usually exactly 3, 4, 5, etc. seconds. While a normal player can hardly press the button from time to time with the same delay always.. it'll be 3,12 or 3,08... etc.

and btw getting your little brother to press the keys is against coc as well - account sharing is baaad.

Minstrel

Can't get enough of FH
aye Goa knows that its the little brother/sis gf/bf pushing le button ofc :m00: they have a hidden camera in every house.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Minstrel said:
aye Goa knows that its the little brother/sis gf/bf pushing le button ofc :m00: they have a hidden camera in every house.
Aye so stop wanking everytime you get a kill:p

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
Uri you too

I got a warning against my acc too for a 3rd party program but GoA refused to say which one.

You will always be one of the top 5 SB's Ive played against & A good companion thoughout the last 3 years.

Take care

Appollo

Part of the furniture
BB Spyros :( Always was a nice bloke, on daoc, irc, vent. I remember the days of me, you, Nick, Simon etc on vent having a laff. Played with you more than against :fluffle:

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Well, so I read your other thread about the ban, and I can name you a guy that got lgm crafters without macroing. I got lgm sc, lgm tailor and lgm ac on hib pryd. I wish all macro crafters got caught and banned tbh cuz it's just not fair to us legit crafters that they can keep doing what they're doing.

Zoolis

Fledgling Freddie
Bye bye Urizen, :< life sucks..... and macro crafting should really be implanted the crafting system in daoc really sucks... takes way to long time to get to lgm.... alot better system in WoW with up to 300 skill, bad thing there is you have to kill mobs to get certain material :<, anyway Good luck Urizen.

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
i believe its more mathetmatical than that: the delay between pressing buttons on crafting macros is usually exactly 3, 4, 5, etc.

The internet has latency, dontchaknow.

Even if you constantly pressed a button exactly 3 seconds apart, the server-side logs wouldn't record it as such.

On topic - take care Uri.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Good player etc, Im afraid i dont agree with the macros though :x

Shame to see you leave :(

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
pbaz said:
The internet has latency, dontchaknow.

Even if you constantly pressed a button exactly 3 seconds apart, the server-side logs wouldn't record it as such.

Nice try but perhaps part of the string the client sends to the server holds the time the button was pressed? Basicly meaning that even though the packets containing the "hey a button was pressed" information might not come in at regular intervals the logs would still show at what intervals the button was pressed.

That's how I'd code it anyway... but I couldn't code myself out of a paper bag so don't mind me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom