Good fight

Ghostfeet

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:
Band of Brehons 16,671,249 562,918

Wow, uber RvR Guild!

and we r not a RVR guild in the true sense of the word, like fc or no etc.

we r more a collection of friends who have known eachother for a long, long time. and we enjoy playing together in rvr. we dont play alot. we just go out and have fun by playing in a certain way.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Cigies said:
DH are an exception because they are actually a nice bunch of guys that actually work with the realm, on the opposite end of the spectrum you have guilds like RR, who the majority of, go out of their way to alienate themselves from the rest of the realm.

The point is, that fair enough, if you want to run in 1fg, good on you, the problem is when you try to enforce your style of play on others, a lesson some people playing this game need to think about before they scream abuse if they see a guild running out with 2fg of mixed classes and levels just for fun.

I have no problem with people wanting fg v fg fights, just don't expect everyone else in the game to want the same, and except the fact that people have the right to play the game in any way they want to :)

And you force your style of play on others by camping a milegate which prevents anywone getting through without having to get rid of you first for example.
And that also means you instantly brand us as the RR type of guild who dont do anything for the realm etc. Which would be wrong.

Nol also has a point that yeah sometimes i've been in a random Emain group who's only chance to kill anything was to move with other fg's, because noone else from the guild was online and i was deathly bored etc.
yeah we've added, we have also chosen not to add. we have been added on and had people not add on us from every realm.
we have been zerged and we have been in zergs (well i say zerg, sometimes we join up with NO to clear a camped MG because MG camping is a bit pants for people who would like to be able to meet other FG's. and sometimes we have met people at a MG then other groups have come along behind us which cant be helped realy)

My point about TD is that more often than not before TOA, the people camping the AMG in Odins would be them, and there would be plenty of Elwizardo DS aswell.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
eSo said:
We all should put these little quarrels aside and focus on playing - Good hunting Albs and Mids, see you in Emain. :wub:
You have a much better attitude than Elwizardo. Also, TD overall seem all right and not unlike my guild (SS)--we have more or less hardcore RvR players as well as the more novice people, as well as those that prefer PvE and do RvR once in a blue moon. :)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
well I will add my 2cents, too =) First of all I start to find it pretty funny, that every "you zerg odin's" pic is from - let's say 2 fights? I think Eso really hit the point, it's all about having fun and while I enjoy fighting 1fg vs. 1fg, I will not log out just because suddenly we are more. Point one ofc is, that Emain is often enough zerged so bringing 2fg can't really be a zerg, but personally I don't think we did that pretty often these last times. Point two, running 2fg in Odin's for example. It might not be fun for you guys from BoB, but if your realmmates think that 10fg in Emain is fun, then we won't even stop them with 2fg TD, I'm pretty realistic in that point. So by going Odin's we might have some fun, too and if we meet a solo grp out there, well then we engage as sure as we would engage 2-3fg there. What I hate is the pointless accusing of zerg, because zerg is highly subjective. As 1fg you might find 2fg a zerg, but if your realmmates have 3-4fg running together in Odin's, then it's not zerg anymore, but simply bad (well or good sometimes :p) luck for you. There will always be fight where one group is outnumbered and nothing can stop that, but going here to whine is one of the most useless things you can do.

and to Belomar =) Elwizardo is a very nice guy, believe me =)) but I think everyone has the right to be pissed once, especially if subject of useless attacks =)

Cigies

Fledgling Freddie
Personally, I would rather run out with 2fg of my guild level 40 - 50's, bring any old class you want, and have an utter laugh, and taunt each other in the chat group, than run out in 1fg and exclude friends from having fun.

Then again my guild is over 6 years old, came from UO in the daoc beta, and has members ranging for 9 to 65, married couples, and children of guild members.

So you can imagine how much we like to see the latest 'L337' guild group yelling 'Zerging ****'s' at us when we run within 100 yards of them.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Cigies said:
Nah, I much prefer roaming RvR, because unlike 90% of all the recently rolled Animist shrooms spam toons, I actually know how to play the class and understand that animists are strong even without shrooms.

Oh and in regard to the Analmist bit, you play an overpower theurg, wtf do you know with your 2000 range interupt spam casting, here's hoping you get a nice pet cap on your class too :m00:
Oouu spot the bitterness..

Cigies

Fledgling Freddie
swords said:
And you force your style of play on others by camping a milegate which prevents anywone getting through without having to get rid of you first for example.

Hey who said i loved MG camping ?

Just cos I play an Animist doesn't mean I just camp MG's, for your information I perfer roaming RvR 100% more than MG's, and not in the least because there's no damn shrooms leeching RP's.

On the other hand, if there's 8fg's of albs inc to a MG, and there's 3fg Hibs in Emain, the hibs would be damn stupid not to try and use the MG to their advantage, if they didn't they'd get zerged to DL and back. After all that was the point of this thread in the first place, 100+ Albs dropped back to there PK by the zone dropping, and the Hib's trying to make sure they stayed there rather than going for the relics.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Cigies said:
Personally, I would rather run out with 2fg of my guild level 40 - 50's, bring any old class you want, and have an utter laugh, and taunt each other in the chat group, than run out in 1fg and exclude friends from having fun.

And im sure those 8FG of Albs in Emain would rather run together, taunt each other in their CG and have fun than be excluded.
Though we all know this pretty much enforces zerging because Hib/Mid need to bring a couple of FG's to shift them.

When we are running our GG in Odins and come across your 2FG of mixed classes that i dont mind.
That would be a good scrap as the numerical advantage isnt so large that our team cant handle it.
If our team cant run around Odins because there appears to be a number of those little fungal things hidden near the MG so you get lagged to death then i rightly so get upset, because the style of play i prefer is impossible and that to get past the MG i would have to move with multiple fgs (zerg) which isnt realy going to end in smaller bunchesrunning about having a good old scrap now is it?

Oh and if you are one of those roaming Anamists then cudos to you, those bomber pets are quite effective if not unpredictable at times (i once had 3 running round in circles for acouple of seconds before hitting me, made me giggle a bit :) )

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Cigies said:
Hey who said i loved MG camping ?

Just cos I play an Animist doesn't mean I just camp MG's, for your information I perfer roaming RvR 100% more than MG's, and not in the least because there's no damn shrooms leeching RP's.

On the other hand, if there's 8fg's of albs inc to a MG, and there's 3fg Hibs in Emain, the hibs would be damn stupid not to try and use the MG to their advantage, if they didn't they'd get zerged to DL and back. After all that was the point of this thread in the first place, 100+ Albs dropped back to there PK by the zone dropping, and the Hib's trying to make sure they stayed there rather than going for the relics.

i have seen u camp milegates on more than 1 on occasion

Cigies

Fledgling Freddie
Fluid said:
i have seen u camp milegates on more than 1 on occasion

Yes and your point is ?

I have RvR'd more than twice in over two years playing the game, and I also said that I do, just as I said that I prefer roaming.

Not sure what your point is, after all I've seen VGN members zerg, I've seen VGN members Add, and I've seen VGN members scream at people not to zerg and not to add.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Ghostfeet said:
:clap: totally agree with u on that.

i never said u must play 8 vs 8 tho i said ppl that "can" do so and ppl that rolled alterantive classes dont cuz they "cant".
Actually you also said this:

Ghostfeet said:
now here is an example of a dude "is not good enuff" to actually win 8 vs 8.. se my earlier post for explanation.
Suggesting, if you dont run 8 vs 8 your crap...

I may not always like what Nol says but I'll tell ya one thing, he is bloody consistent.

rure

Fledgling Freddie
This discussion is getting out of hand, ofc we (BoB) have outnumbered enemies tons of times and ofc we have added sometimes. Saying anything else is a total lie. Our intention is however not to add and not to zerg.

Icebreaker, whats your point? We got 16000k, AD which is regarded to be the best alb guild atm (and imo is) have 14000k. So your point is kinda moot.

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
Personally i dont mind TD running as 2fg - because every good RvR guild in albion will still stand a chance against them - not because TD are bad players, but because they arent hardcore RvR players

I would always expect alb guilds such as Knights of the round table, or <no offence ardamel ;p > Fellowship of Midgard to run 2fg - because at least it gives them a chance against the hardcore RvR guilds.

People start to object when the RvR guilds zerg not the mindless warder boys - because the odds are drasticly lower of the single group winning - Only DH and maybe NP can probably reliably win against 1fg RvR guild and 1fg add group

so yes i have seen many TD zergs - but i have also beaten many TD zergs and when i was lower RR i also ran in zergs - not because i wanted to mindlessly outnumber peopel - but because it was the only chance for survival.

non RvR guilds are the Wildebeast and the RvR guilds are the Lions - survival in numbers works sometimes

----------

And relating to the BoB debate - They are a great bunch of guys and they also do very well in RvR - before ToA we used to be in odins together - running seperately and we had respect for each other which we have moulded into a co-operative relationship.

i.e. we NEVER add on each other

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Cigies said:
Yes and your point is ?

I have RvR'd more than twice in over two years playing the game, and I also said that I do, just as I said that I prefer roaming.

Not sure what your point is, after all I've seen VGN members zerg, I've seen VGN members Add, and I've seen VGN members scream at people not to zerg and not to add.

the only time we will zerg is in realm defence (read keeptakes/retakes) yes we add, we tried not adding and never got the same in return. We don't scram and people not to add in a rude manner, although people have shouted don't add plz, etc. Anyway, you are ian absoloute huge hypocrite, trying to say rvr guilds are all leetist etc and 1fg rvr'ers are lamers, when you camping milesgate (which you freely admit you do) forces people to play in a way they don't want to.

Ghostfeet

Fledgling Freddie
Tay said:
Actually you also said this:

Suggesting, if you dont run 8 vs 8 your crap...

I may not always like what Nol says but I'll tell ya one thing, he is bloody consistent.

now here's the proof u cant read...

i never said u must run 8 vs 8....

but i said u suck if u dont....

try and spot the diffrence. or cant u read?

in niether statement do i say u MUST run fg vs fg.... there is a diffrence, its slight but its there...

Elahim

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:
Band of Brehons 16,671,249 562,918

Wow, uber RvR Guild!

First of all, we RvR together as a GG only a few hours per night.

Second of all, we have no constant secure flow of RPs like clueless warders in epic.

Third of all, we play hardmode.

Ghostfeet

Fledgling Freddie
Fluid said:
the only time we will zerg is in realm defence (read keeptakes/retakes) yes we add, we tried not adding and never got the same in return. We don't scram and people not to add in a rude manner, although people have shouted don't add plz, etc. Anyway, you are ian absoloute huge hypocrite, trying to say rvr guilds are all leetist etc and 1fg rvr'ers are lamers, when you camping milesgate (which you freely admit you do) forces people to play in a way they don't want to.

well put :)

Ging

Part of the furniture
lolololololol @ this thread......

I remember when... ... shit forgot!!!

btw imo night on teh beers > DAoC

and as far as i know no one has ever got laid playing DAoC

Amellisan

Fledgling Freddie
imo, close the thread, was started as a innocent thankyou- maybe not everyone had fun that night, but the 3 fg i was with did certainly- was merely showing my appreciation of a change rather than the usual "1fg of hibs runs out and gets zerged by 5 fg of albs => DL, repeat, repeat".

Please close the thread, this has gotten way out of hand.

/amelli

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Fluid said:
the only time we will zerg is in realm defence (read keeptakes/retakes) yes we add, we tried not adding and never got the same in return.
I'm not going to point fingers here, I will just point out that I remember the time when VGN ran as 2 FGs during the weekends and Saadyst (before his break) justified this fact by the existence of Savages (this was before the nerf). Also, I am sure that I am not the only one remembering the VGN video that Eldritch Cernuneos (forgot the exact name) made, which was rife with 2 FG VGN action.

Perhaps your definition of zerging is not constituent with running 2 FGs. However, it seems to me that you are a proponent of the "FGvsFG" discipline, so I believe 2 FGs would qualify as a "zerg" then.

Before you start, please note that I am pointing out the flaws in your reasoning, not trying to put myself or my own guild forward as an example here. SS is a hybrid RvR/PvE guild, and thus has its share of hardcore and casual RvR players, the former of which you will find to try to avoid the zerg, and the latter of which lacks the experience, equipment, and classes to do so reliably. ;)

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Calaclya said:
lolololololol @ this thread......

I remember when... ... shit forgot!!!

btw imo night on teh beers > DAoC

and as far as i know no one has ever got laid playing DAoC

yeah you are right, thats why i log off then go out for beers and get laid.
trying to heal while performing fellatio! are you mad?!?!?! :m00:

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
U know what, this guy Ghostfeet is telling right stuff in this thread. U all that 95.95% of exc albs should listen and try to do atleast 0.05% of what hes telling and rvr on excal would be more nice.

And for those:

-[Random Tardian of Light]: we zerg couse we are having fun /point /laugh u'r most useless and shitiest guild in the world.

nol

Fledgling Freddie
Ghostfeet said:
now here's the proof u cant read...

i never said u must run 8 vs 8....

but i said u suck if u dont....

try and spot the diffrence. or cant u read?

in niether statement do i say u MUST run fg vs fg.... there is a diffrence, its slight but its there...

You are entitled to your opinion, in my opinion, people that are don't suck manage to play well regardless of whether it is 1v1, fgvfg, or epic, for example DH(plus mysterious inserts). There are many people that zerg, add etc that are still very good.

You either suck or you don't, and it has nothing to do with the number of people you run with or by your logic BOB sucks compared to solo'ers.

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Belomar said:
I'm not going to point fingers here, I will just point out that I remember the time when VGN ran as 2 FGs during the weekends and Saadyst (before his break) justified this fact by the existence of Savages (this was before the nerf). Also, I am sure that I am not the only one remembering the VGN video that Eldritch Cernuneos (forgot the exact name) made, which was rife with 2 FG VGN action.

Perhaps your definition of zerging is not constituent with running 2 FGs. However, it seems to me that you are a proponent of the "FGvsFG" discipline, so I believe 2 FGs would qualify as a "zerg" then.

Before you start, please note that I am pointing out the flaws in your reasoning, not trying to put myself or my own guild forward as an example here. SS is a hybrid RvR/PvE guild, and thus has its share of hardcore and casual RvR players, the former of which you will find to try to avoid the zerg, and the latter of which lacks the experience, equipment, and classes to do so reliably. ;)

i don't see a problem with 2fg's roaming when there is 200~ albs in emain no, but i have always been a fg v fg lover and if u look at cern's video u won't find me anywhere in it. I would never deny vgn have ran 2fg a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago, back when RG had their 2fg+ roaming and the like, hell, NP used to run 2fg but they don't now, the game evolves, you are talking about smth which happened many many months ago.

Slaza

Fledgling Freddie
TD zerg ,TD zerg. this starts to sound that we run 24/7 with 5fg :p
i bet 90% these who talk about td zerg have actually seen just yellow/red cloaks and think they have to be TD. i think there is atleast 5 guild who have.
sure we run sometimes with 2fg but not that often what ppl seems to think. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom