goa strikes again, keep the good work up guys!

G

Gesp

first, subs page think, which avoids ppl from renewing their accs..

now, they shut the server down without adding a news etc, and in a hurray..

they boradcasted a message: 'servers will go down and stay down till 3pm, please log', and the time to let us log was barely enuff for a regular /quit imo, which didnt let ppl finish their work/pull/etc.

keep up the sucking goa, you do it well lately!

R

rhemis

if you read the news page on daoc-europe.com it clearly says theyve been basically compromised and your account passwords to login is being changed...please be patient.

G

Gesp

Its goa's job to set up security properly and dont let such a hack-ish incident happen, not me, since i'm the one to pay every month and except a quality service. So its not a excuse that they're shutting server down for hours (maybe several times too in this week) with the reason 'my acc's security blabla' ..

A

Appollo

General

Important notice : Game password being changed.
[2003-26-08]

Hello,

These last days, you have probably noticed unusual things on Dark Age of Camelot :

Shutdown of Rightnow !, our customer service tool.
Shutdown of the subscription system.
Unusual events on the Prydwen server.
Since the 18th of August, Dark Age of Camelot Europe has been the victim of computer crime, like many other well known online services.

GOA's technical team immediately implemented a series of preventive measures, which resulted in the shutdown of our customer service tool, Rightnow !, and of the subscription system.

We have also lodged a complaint with the competent authorities.

As a cautionary measure, we have decided to change your "game" passwords. The game servers should thus be stopped for a maximum of 5 hours. The procedure of sending the mails should take about 24 hours, so do not worry if you do not receive your email right away.

In the days to come we are going to process the change of all "subscription" passwords. Services shutdowns are thus planned in order to finalise the reinforcement of the security measures of our platform.

We will keep you informed during the week of the precise planning for the restart of the different services, and we are doing everything possible to ensure once again an optimal service.

The DAoC Team

K

kaod

Originally posted by Gesp
Its goa's job to set up security properly and dont let such a hack-ish incident happen, not me, since i'm the one to pay every month and except a quality service. So its not a excuse that they're shutting server down for hours (maybe several times too in this week) with the reason 'my acc's security blabla' ..

I wonder what information was taken, and if any credit card details been stored on the attacked machines.

O

old.Thanatlos

credit card data should not be stored anywhere but at the credit card companies and transaction managing companies like InterPay (not sure, might look into it if i'm bored enough) but quite sure most companies aren't stupid enough to set up transactions with a stored CC database (because if the data gets stolen and abused guess who gets the lawsuits)

L

Leathas

maybe i can enter my SI reg key after teh stuff becomes normal again
hope :(

Users who are viewing this thread