GOA **** up again!

T

Tobold

was helping a guildee do an epic in lyonesse, when someone shouted excal was under attack, wanting to be sure, a guildee logged, and logged an alt in excal. It was under attack, so we decided to suicide and get to excal asap.
we run into a group of purps, and start getting killed, but after two of us died, we all went LD. Now when we try to return we can't log in our characters, also seems this has happened to _every_ player (in albion at least) that isn't in a dungeon, or camelot, eg. the main zone of albion, has crashed.
Explain how we defend our realm now :|

O

old.NorME

We went offline aswell in forest S. so we could not take relic either.. :p

Shitty goa stuff.

A

Archeon

lol, talk about your wierd coincidences

<slides his copy of 'Hacking the GOA network for dummies' under the table>

S

starblade

Think main zone was stressed enough with the insane zerging by the geersha's .... add to that a relic attempt by hibernia and the result was 'poof' ... bbye albion. Everything was OK after half an hour or so and the geersha's happily continued to trample around adri.

E

Ensceptifica

Ok just an idea:

Let us hibs into your realm so we can kill those geersha's for you. After that we'll leave, honest! ( ;<

O

old.Second

Originally posted by Tobold
Explain how we defend our realm now :|

well by waiting for the zone to come back up and then go bash the hibs when they logg back in too=)

easy as a blonde=)

A

Arnor

oh, and stop pointing fingers @ GOA when shit hits it. They only run the servers and translate the patches(when they can be arsed)

Mythic is your devil! MYTHIC must BURN!!

or sumt

O

old.chipper

mythic have nothing to do with EU daoc if u wanna blame someone blame the server hosts dunno if its still wanadoo

O

old.Charonel

not quite, mythic built the code that daoc runs on, goa just host the servers/subscription services etc...

if mythics coding can't handle the full event of geershaws or what ever the hell they are (daoc WAS built with large events in mind origionally, mythic just havent bothered doing any on US servers that's all) along with a large chunck of the albion population, AND a hibby relic raiding force, then there you go, mythics netcode can't handle it, mythics zone code can't handle that many objects (players/npc's) in one zone and down comes the game.

this was NOT a network error.

if mythic built the game with about roughly 3500 people per server in mind, then didnt make it so that it could keep running with even half those in one place, go figure who's fault it was :)

O

old.Glendower

bah

Ya, and it is the not-so-well-trained chimps at GOA that take the code from Mythic and insist on buggering it up for the French and germans before applying the mutated code to our servers.

Funny how we get bugs that the US never does =b.

They should just apply it straight on to the english servers.

Oh, and their events suck!!! Better to not have them...or at least have them way off in the remote part of the gameworld so as not to interfere with folk trying to play the damn game...that crap with filling Spraggon den with uber mobs was the height of idiocy.

B

Bleri McThrust

Quote from this weeks news

In co-operation with Mythic we have continually investigated the crashes that have been haunting the servers, especially in version 1.52, and it seems to be partly related to this version. It is not related to hardware, network issues or the European version in particular and we should see less crash once we patch to 1.54.

O

old.Jable

gotta say i agree about goas events. so far they have competely sucked.

a few paragraphs on the main web page about 2 or 3 characters having a chance encounter then some random mobs attacking something in the realm - what a load of shit. it takes the piss, i hope they arent under any assumptions that we think the events are really good, because so far all they have done is cause zones to crash, caused lowbie dungeons to become inaccessable to lowbies and cause people to lose loads of xp.

i was quite excited about the potential for these events, but so far the dissappointments have far outweighed the benefits.

maybe they should sack the "event" writers and get some more people doing translation and bug testing.

O

old.Charonel

gotta love these "let's flame goa for no reason" threads, people figure out that flaming them for the zone crash has less weight than they'd thought so flame them for events instead :p

O

old.Second

Originally posted by old.Jable
gotta say i agree about goas events. so far they have competely sucked.

a few paragraphs on the main web page about 2 or 3 characters having a chance encounter then some random mobs attacking something in the realm - what a load of shit. it takes the piss, i hope they arent under any assumptions that we think the events are really good, because so far all they have done is cause zones to crash, caused lowbie dungeons to become inaccessable to lowbies and cause people to lose loads of xp.

i was quite excited about the potential for these events, but so far the dissappointments have far outweighed the benefits.

maybe they should sack the "event" writers and get some more people doing translation and bug testing.

Speak for yourself=)
I think the Event is fun, its something new, not just the same pull, kill, rest, pull, kill, rest.

And why complain on someone doing you a favor?:p you would probably be complaining if they retired the server and said good luck hope you find something else you can play that would saticfy you(brobably CS in your case=) Yes i know we pay to play, but my guess is that you would have complained even if it was free=).

GOA keep up the good work=)

O

old.Jable

what about the people who had low lvl characters that couldnt get into spraggon den for days? what about all the other people who lost shed loads of experience getting wiped by zergs of laggy mobs? what about our relic raid mixed with the event that caused the zone to crash out entirely, allowing the albs to farm us as we all logged on?

if you like the quests then good, at least someone does. personally im not impressed but then thats my opinion, something i was allowed to express on this forum if im not mistaken. i must have touched a nerve anyway - anyone pointing at anyone who makes a negative comment while whispering to their mate that he must be a "counter-strike player" is pretty lame imo.

And why complain on someone doing you a favor?:p you would probably be complaining if they retired the server and said good luck hope you find something else you can play that would saticfy you(brobably CS in your case=) Yes i know we pay to play, but my guess is that you would have complained even if it was free=).

this isnt a favor, its something they stuck on the back of the box to sell the game to us, to make them more money. it took them months to finally have an event as such, and it was just a bunch of monsters that needed killing somewhere different.

gotta love these "let's flame goa for no reason" threads, people figure out that flaming them for the zone crash has less weight than they'd thought so flame them for events instead

gotta love that coming from an alb, you obviously weren't in the middle of a relic raid when the zone went down, and before you say its mythics code, not the servers, we are running patchs behind america where they dont have this problem atm, as GOA themselves said, its to do with this patch.

my point is why waste money on quest writers and event stuff when they could get more translaters and get us less buggy code quicker? i could write some random stuff like they have on the GOA website then make some siabs run around outside mag mell - its waste of time. those excerts on the website are crap surely? is there anyone who thinks they are a really good read? i wrote better stuff at infant school im sure. couple of characters, with no given names, bunch of emotion, bit of rain, some random letter, something bad, door slams, candle flickers, its tolkien for the under - 5s.

O

old.Jable

ah sorry Charonel, you are indeed a hibbie - i confused your tag with that belonging to Second, who is a theurgist scumbag and counter-strike finger-pointer :)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Jable
what about the people who had low lvl characters that couldnt get into spraggon den for days? what about all the other people who lost shed loads of experience getting wiped by zergs of laggy mobs? what about our relic raid mixed with the event that caused the zone to crash out entirely, allowing the albs to farm us as we all logged on?

Oh my god! they put in something dynamic! No! the game should stay exactly the same! infact! remove all the other players! They keep killing the other monsters and I want the zone to be completely pristine and in its normal state when I get there.
:rolleyes:

gotta love that coming from an alb, you obviously weren't in the middle of a relic raid when the zone went down, and before you say its mythics code, not the servers, we are running patchs behind america where they dont have this problem atm, as GOA themselves said, its to do with this patch.

yeah! it's their fault for taking so long that Mythic wrote some buggy code...
feck off to the US servers if the sun is shining so brightly out of Mythic's arse and GOA are such terrible tyrants making your relic raid go 'poof'. There's never been crashes on the Mythic servers of course...

oh wait there have, all the time, they have patches, then patches to patch the patch...

If you really hate these events that much - why are you still playing here?

Oh and for your information I was happily farming the RP at the relic doors before you start whining. The crash meant I didn't get nearly as many as I would have :)

(not that I'd have been splatted by an enchanter pet oh no)

Fingoniel needs to drink his coffee before reading the boards.
Methinks PvP has turned me angwy! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom