GOA: Regarding Master Level 4

majik

Banned
This is for the people who work on the bug fixed for the excalibur server, if they read this forum or if anyone that can pass this message on reads the forum.

There is a very large annoying bug with master level 4 which is commonly occuring. This you may be aware of, or you may not. The point of the thread is to inform you if you are unaware.

Personally I have been on 3 master level 4 raids recently. All of which have failed due to 1 reason, a ml4.2 camp bugging. In each of these cases there has been no available support online or on irc to help and therefore the raid has had to be cancelled. Personally I think this is a disgrace but this is not within the threads content.

The bug seems to be occuring with a camp, not specific, it has been different one each time. Today for example town 1 of 3 was under control very well for 15minutes, then for no reason in particular it begins spawning setian sandscryers and other mobs. Now if all the labourers are being killed this should not happen, if I am correct. This consequently forced us to once more cancel the raid.

It would be very much appreciated if someone who knows anything about this subject area other than having experienced what I myself have could reply to this topic and inform the people reading whether it is actually a bug or whether we are doing something incorrectly etc. This is the very least the people who have had their raids cancelled deserve as we have been patient with the in game support service which has failed to be of use any of these times and in my personal opinion we deserve an explanation.

I do seem a little pissed off, which is because I am and I am fully aware how unlikely it is that I will get a reply to this thread by someone official or even recognition of the thread. But after 3 times of failing ml4 I need to give it a try.

Thank you.

- English -

Resident Freddy
Yes its really frustrating. I dont think this bug would be such a problem, but with the amount of people needing mls now, after people left to WOW etc, its very hard and annoying. For example we only had 3fg today, and apparently its possible with 3fg, and it was all going well till this bug hit us. Now, what can we do? many people log due to being pissed off, that leaves us with 2fg or so, and we have no chance, so a hours are lost and the game is ruined :/.

This bug has been reported numerous times by people I have know, and it still occurs, even after the GM has reset. I think this need some serious hot fixing, or grant us free ml4 privalidge or something, as i really need ml4 and I cant get it till its fixed really.

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
The sandscriers are on a long spawntimer during the encounter, but it is still a spawntimer, if you clear the village and leave it over about 12/13 minutes they will start respawning and that is exactly why you are supposed to leave a group of people in each village to clean them up if need be. Additionally if you miss so much as one labourer in or near any village the spawns are on their 'normal' timer which is much faster.

If you try this encounter during the week and let us know we can watch over it, we know these encounters are a pain in the backside to try and organise and get done.

majik

Banned
Zenythe said:
The sandscriers are on a long spawntimer during the encounter, but it is still a spawntimer, if you clear the village and leave it over about 12/13 minutes they will start respawning and that is exactly why you are supposed to leave a group of people in each village to clean them up if need be. Additionally if you miss so much as one labourer in or near any village the spawns are on their 'normal' timer which is much faster.

If you try this encounter during the week and let us know we can watch over it, we know these encounters are a pain in the backside to try and organise and get done.

Thank you for the input, I wasn't aware of how long this timer was. The mobs repopped after 15minutes so you've happened so solve the cause of the frustration that so many people have been feeling, I'll express this explanation to the other when I next go on a ml4 raid.

Thanks once again :D

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
majik said:
Thank you for the input, I wasn't aware of how long this timer was. The mobs repopped after 15minutes so you've happened so solve the cause of the frustration that so many people have been feeling, I'll express this explanation to the other when I next go on a ml4 raid.

Thanks once again :D

not sure it applies given yer in Midgard but there may be issues with charmed monsters too :) so if you have any charmers get them to release the pets and charm a crocodile or something harmless like that (just watch out for it smiling)

majik

Banned
Flimgoblin said:
not sure it applies given yer in Midgard but there may be issues with charmed monsters too :) so if you have any charmers get them to release the pets and charm a crocodile or something harmless like that (just watch out for it smiling)

Had no charmers at all on the raid.

The only problem is, there are not enough active people seeking master level 4 to successfully do this raid. Therefore the people who need it will not be getting it for a long time.

Which is gay.

majik

Banned
I am going lead yet another ml4 raid providing we have enough people and I will try a new tactic according to the information that Zenythe gave me, hope there is a GM online or some form of support because it really is a shame that after 3 times of trying people cant get ml4 because there isn't enough people on the servers.

Will post how the raid went here, once it is complete.

Aonmeamna

Fledgling Freddie
majik said:
The only problem is, there are not enough active people seeking master level 4 to successfully do this raid. Therefore the people who need it will not be getting it for a long time.

Which is gay.

Absolutely. I am an occasional player, who can only get on late at night, on hib, where the population is about 100 in the whole realm. I am pretty sure that I will never be able to get ML1 let alone anything else. The game is designed in such a way that it is impossible for players like me, yet I paid the same money for the expansion and pay the same subsciption fee as everyone else. And because ToA is so important in RvR, then I am screwed out of that too. And they wonder why populations are dwidling? At teh moment this only affects a minority of us but it probably won't be long until ToA is impossible for most to do if numbers contunie to slide. Can anyone do it on Pryd?

Now THAT is gay.

mawh

Fledgling Freddie
imo not the samething you got animist + bb who can guard 1 village alone after zerg cleared the camp and that my friend is gay :)

majik

Banned
[NO]Subedai said:
cluster the servers.

Which is more simple, clustering servers or simply having a GM online to reset the spawn?

Think about it.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Aonmeamna said:
Absolutely. I am an occasional player, who can only get on late at night, on hib, where the population is about 100 in the whole realm. I am pretty sure that I will never be able to get ML1 let alone anything else. The game is designed in such a way that it is impossible for players like me, yet I paid the same money for the expansion and pay the same subsciption fee as everyone else. And because ToA is so important in RvR, then I am screwed out of that too. And they wonder why populations are dwidling? At teh moment this only affects a minority of us but it probably won't be long until ToA is impossible for most to do if numbers contunie to slide. Can anyone do it on Pryd?

Now THAT is gay.

People on pendragon have ML5 - there's 50 people at peak on the entire server ;)

try harder :p

majik

Banned
Flimgoblin said:
People on pendragon have ML5 - there's 50 people at peak on the entire server ;)

try harder :p

Point being the game should be based around all servers, not just high populated ones. I am guessing that it would not take much to change the code so that this timer is longer for servers with lower populations or at least have some in game support until something else can be worked out.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
majik said:
Point being the game should be based around all servers, not just high populated ones. I am guessing that it would not take much to change the code so that this timer is longer for servers with lower populations or at least have some in game support until something else can be worked out.

would be nice... but it's not just the server population we're talking about here, it's the fact he's playing off-peak hours as well.

Do we have MLs that are easier at certain times of night?

It would be nice if they made MLs somehow instanced and got rid of the whole "Must bring a zerg" part of a lot of them...

At least he's a hib can bring a shroom army of doom ;) I know not everyone in hibernia has a pocket mushroom army but it sure makes a lot of things more possible than e.g. on a low pop midgard server.

Aonmeamna

Fledgling Freddie
Nope, I have no zerg army and no shroom of doom :)

Just me, a tank, and a few friends, rarely more than a couple on-line at any time. I play the game as a game, not my life, and as a game the ML "zerg" requirement makes it completely inaccessible to me, I can live with that, except because of it, RvR is also completely inaccessible to me as well, and that is the bit that sucks.

It's bad game design. If it was one or two ML challenges that you needed fg for, I could accept that, and make an effort to get organised for those few steps. Problem is it just about EVERY step, all the way, full on zerg or nothing.

I currently have ML 1.5 and I can't see any way for me to get any more. Value for money? I think not.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
why dont you organise a casual Ml raid IE plan for a few steps each night some steps take 10 mins some take an hour im sure you can play for at least an hour.

and im sure there are lots more in your shoes.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Aonmeamna said:
I currently have ML 1.5 and I can't see any way for me to get any more. Value for money? I think not.

you can solo 1.2 1.3 as well a fg with tanks and healing can do ML1.

Take it a bit at a time, I'm sure there's others on at your time of night that could do with the MLs. Post on the FH boards, see if there's interest.

Aonmeamna

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks, I'll take a look at those, I still can't see me getting ML1 anytime soon, but a few more bits I can do is something.

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
you can solo 1.2 1.3 as well a fg with tanks and healing can do ML1.

Take it a bit at a time, I'm sure there's others on at your time of night that could do with the MLs. Post on the FH boards, see if there's interest.

That still sucks imo, just imagine that my SB and my hunter friend wants to do it then we need 2FG because u can't handle it with a gimped group. Same with all the groupsteps on every other ML. Usually there are maybe 1 spot open for any type of class, the rest are fixed since u need healers, shammys, pbae etc to handle it. Sucks bigtime imo.

Kais

Banned
Cracked said:
That still sucks imo, just imagine that my SB and my hunter friend wants to do it then we need 2FG because u can't handle it with a gimped group. Same with all the groupsteps on every other ML. Usually there are maybe 1 spot open for any type of class, the rest are fixed since u need healers, shammys, pbae etc to handle it. Sucks bigtime imo.

that is not really so, i've done most of the steps on ml1 with just 3 people playing a few chars each (no fop either since my shaman is on the same acc as the char I was playing at the time), only step that will cause problems is the step across from fire island. All grp steps can be done with really gimped groups if you know what your doing.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I dunno about in midgard but in alb:

shield tank(doesn't have to be a paladin these days with tireless, but end regen is nice),
healing type (probably a cleric unless you can find a friar that's specced over 7 in rejuv)
a second shield tank, or a high parry tank (e.g. a light tank) that the shield tank can guard.

some form of power regen (pot, power song, fop)
4 other people.

1.7 will be tricky, but next patch shield swipe will help the shield tank (assuming it's an arms/warrior) keep aggro (if you have a thane/paladin they can use aoe/healchant)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Cracked said:

roll something decent then :p
Though a hunter adds to the attacker count with his pet and arrows do nice damage on epic monsters (very underrated).

I should probably refrain but I can't help but make a joke about: "Shadowblade? surely his 5 pals would be useful too" :) (that's a joke :p just bitter at having 4 of them jump me last night at beno bridge... I mean come on, I'm a smite cleric, what do you need 4 of you for? a half-asleep AFK SB with only one weapon would probably still win)

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
I'm a smite cleric

That made me laugh :)

I had visions of an American movie, with some guy standing there saying "I am a Smite Cleric, that's what I do" :)

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

We have 1 class that can charm pets (Hunter), it's either insects or animals and only bluecon to the one charming a pet. so Not likely there's any charmed pets from that zone on the raid at all.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Danamyr said:
That made me laugh :)

I had visions of an American movie, with some guy standing there saying "I am a Smite Cleric, that's what I do" :)

that's sig material :)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
mawh said:
imo not the samething you got animist + bb who can guard 1 village alone after zerg cleared the camp and that my friend is gay :)

Meh....read it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom