PHOENIX PVE EVENT: The return of the Level Playing Field

Solic Archers

Can't get enough of FH
As we still need some more time with the implementation of the planned relic changes, we will give you something else to do during this weekend.

Starting tomorrow, on Friday the 27th of November, we will open the doors to the Proving Grounds once more to release your inner beast. Until Monday morning, Nov 30th (EU time), you can enjoy the fun in leveling your toon just by killing your fellow friends and enemies.

The rules are basically the same as the last event, we may do a quick test later tonight or tomorrow before the event will start. The exact time when the event will start, will be announced via Discord, Forum and ingame.

Shortly after the event has ended on Monday, the planned relic changes will go live. This will be most likely on Tuesday if everything works out as expected. For those who couldnt join the last event, here is a quick overview about the rules & settings:

Basic infos:
Everyone will start at Level 1. If you want to join the event, you need to have a lvl 1 toon without any xp, rp and items. Only your starter weapon and your bind stone is allowed. Characters that were played during the test and logged there, will get ported out before the event goes live.

It is a PvP event. Everyone outside your group is your enemy. The realm timer is not active in this zone.

During the event, dont leave the zone. If you do, you will not be able to get back to the event with that character. In this case, you need to create a new toon, if you want to join the event again. It is intended that you cant use crafting there and you can only get equipment by killing other players. There are no mobs to xp, you only level up by player kills.

Use the Event Teleporter to port into the fight zone. When a member of your group is already somewhere in the fight zone, you will get ported to him.

Useful Commands:
/autogroup
: Via this command you can toggle on/off if you want to be auto grouped or not. It is set to on by default. When it is enabled, you will be grouped with players within your level range. The command doesnt care about classes, it just fills up. If you want to build a premade group, you have to disable the command and then invite your friends in the safe zone. The groupcap is 5.

/event pet: Minstrels, Mentalists and Sorcs can summon a charmable pet inside the safe zone via this command.

The different level ranges:
Each time you level up and hit a new instance level range, you will get automatically kicked from your grp and ported into the new instance.
1-3
4-6
7-9
10-14
15-19
20-24
25-29
30-34
35-39
40-44
45-49

See you on the battlefield!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
This could be great but im just being constantly booted out

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
This event is legit fun. Most fun I've had in DAOC in over a decade. The level of editing/modding for this event shits all over what Mythic currently offers.

Last edited:

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
This event is legit fun. Most fun I've had in DAOC in over a decade. The level of editing/modding for this event shits all over what Mythic currently offers.
Did you have any connection issue? 9 times out of 10 when I ported the game dropped out. Such a shame as it's a great concept.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Did you have any connection issue? 9 times out of 10 when I ported the game dropped out. Such a shame as it's a great concept.

Nah was all good for me, no disconnects or anything.

Solic Archers

Can't get enough of FH
This event will finish tomorrow! Make sure you get on today to get your toons up to 50.
🙂

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They have a nice little scam going on live, keep dangling some major changes, keep the subs rolling.

Nobody seems to notice that nothing ever comes from any of the "exciting things happening behind the scenes" bullshit.

Community engagement is always good on Phoenix too, the GMs and the devs are always happy to talk with the community, even listening to feedback (I might have helped get necros/GT cheese fixed :D) I also suggested the relic guard thing but they implemented that a little differently, I suggested having additional guards at the relic for each keep lost. So if Nged is in enemy hands then it's uber-guards head over to the relic keep.

I'm working on mincers next!

<--- Davote/Voidlol/Mayse :)

Last edited:

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Yep, they do a great job. I wonder if they offered a reward for donations how many people would donate, and then they could do even more. I guess there are some rules around it though, as it probably a legal grey area already?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
They have a nice little scam going on live, keep dangling some major changes, keep the subs rolling.

Nobody seems to notice that nothing ever comes from any of the "exciting things happening behind the scenes" bullshit.

Community engagement is always good on Phoenix too, the GMs and the devs are always happy to talk with the community, even listening to feedback (I might have helped get necros/GT cheese fixed :D) I also suggested the relic guard thing but they implemented that a little differently, I suggested having additional guards at the relic for each keep lost. So if Nged is in enemy hands then it's uber-guards head over to the relic keep.

I'm working on mincers next!

<--- Davote/Voidlol/Mayse :)

As long as Thornhill is in charge, DAOC will just continue to wither on live. He doesn’t like criticism, and he has an ego bigger than the live player base. It had every chance to flourish as an F2P game but they sat on their hands and did nothing remotely interesting to bring players in... they added Endless Conquest, which was utter shite, the main issue is that they didn’t address core issues - the patches are shit, RVR balance is shit, the journey to 50 is shit and starting as a new player is shit because good templates cost upwards of 400p+ and frankly who the fuck wants to PVE in an RVR focussed game? they have Gaheris for that, live should be about getting people into RVR ASAP.

Not going to change though because Thornhill is surrounded by 'Yes' men/women and arse kissing community members.

Last edited:

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Yep, they do a great job. I wonder if they offered a reward for donations how many people would donate, and then they could do even more. I guess there are some rules around it though, as it probably a legal grey area already?

I used to know quite a bit about this as I helped out on a server.

If I recall correctly, they can accept donations so long as you do not give any reward in game, that's the only thing that stops them getting hammered with legal action.

I'm not sure if Phoenix is still affiliated with Dawn of Light, but I know that DOL were shit hot on keeping on top of that.

I'd play live again if it went F2P and they charged for xp bonuses and RP bonuses.

I wouldn't really be interested in playing Phoenix though unless they wipe again, because no doubt Drachengarde are all already RR12 and KOSing.

Wasn't even wrong about Drachengarde :D

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I used to know quite a bit about this as I helped out on a server.

If I recall correctly, they can accept donations so long as you do not give any reward in game, that's the only thing that stops them getting hammered with legal action.

I'm not sure if Phoenix is still affiliated with Dawn of Light, but I know that DOL were shit hot on keeping on top of that.

Yeah that's what I assumed. Not sure Phoenix was ever associated with DoL was it?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
You can donate on the home page, not done it myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom