GoA quest!!

Lohr

Fledgling Freddie
what to do after u found the half of the broken tablet? ;p

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
have you guys read this?

Camelot Reporter said:
All those who will be able to give Eregos the Scholar the item will be greatly rewarded. And…
To motivate characters to find the item as quickly as possible, the kings promised to erect the statue of the fastest adventurer in the capital city. But this is not all.
The contest, organized by GOA, takes place as Dark Age of Camelot celebrates its 5 year existence in the USA, during the Las Vegas Roundtable organized by EA Mythic on the 29th and 30th of September. GOA and EA Mythic will invite the most efficient adventurer and a friend to the Las Vegas Roundtable !
The fastest players on each server will also be rewarded : one MSI GeForce 7600 GT PCI Express video card for the 2nd to the 6th runners-up, and a Darkness Rising T-shirt for the next 5 places.

i cant really be bothered to do this, however i like doing puzzles and such, should i give it a go, if so, how do i start it off?

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Start by decphyring the code on the website.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
any one play about with block cyphers and had any luck as that my next port of call if no one has done it

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Well just spamming the broken scroll atm, got about 40 or so different words, trying to get them to make sense.

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
GReaper said:
Anyone figured out how to decipher the message? :(

The message isn't to hard to descipher once you put yout brins in it. Some words are very easy to tell. and some you have to work abit for.

Sir_Otreil

Fledgling Freddie
Mas said:
Well just spamming the broken scroll atm, got about 40 or so different words, trying to get them to make sense.

40???? we only got 20

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
Mas said:
40 mmm
i found 20 when i was doing it for about 5 hours last night thought that was it as they just kept coming up with the same words
the only noun i got was "do"

Twin

Fledgling Freddie
i got the website message translated but then dont know how to start the quest :/ , tbh nm seems like this is not for me :p

Sir_Otreil

Fledgling Freddie
the only thing that I can think about all this words, that its any kind of myth, and they give to you only the key words.
For example, only a guess, "8-6" is the night time in daoc, instead they give to you "myth" word, so its any kind of story, well only a guess, still thinking about it ;)

Dodo

Fledgling Freddie
The word appear with casual sequence ... i try with 2 different characters

Dodo

Fledgling Freddie
Demon2k3 said:
The message isn't to hard to descipher once you put yout brins in it. Some words are very easy to tell. and some you have to work abit for.

Clear your pm box :worthy:

Tyruchi Neon

Fledgling Freddie
Demon2k3 said:

pme me, i need it on italian server é_é

and if u can post the crypted scroll in eng...the italian version dont work propely

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
Demon2k3 said:
so how many words are they as i know the blocks of 4 letters arent all 4 letter words

or if u feel really nice tell us the 1st sentence as there is 5 sentences to do

i presume ur on about step 11 like the rest of us

GReaper

Part of the furniture
thergador said:
i presume ur on about step 11 like the rest of us

I think he's referring to the original message on the website, this step is far from easy! :p

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
GReaper said:
I think he's referring to the original message on the website, this step is far from easy! :p
ahhh if u need to translte the 1st page
use this i did it to mess about with ages ago
toa alphabet

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
thergador said:
ahhh if u need to translte the 1st page
use this i did it to mess about with ages ago
toa alphabet

nice saved me alot of work there seems i got mailbombed with 15 pms when it was full.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
if we look at what we so far together (i really wanna finish this quest not fused about LV)

words from damaged scroll
Do 6-8 natural land-race effect cultivate warriors strange bears sea creatures banned fevers life locations battle longer myth property influence

crypted scroll
Frud mcav vwoc tdfr uvam ofya xaxu rodf acuo mrdy xmuh uovc uoni paex nfru zvom uwux fyax unuo cvyu c.

Ebht egyf ayht faaf ipwg rifz yhfe ybsx asio chat gzyx xagh irht aaht absi hiyb egix yhaq fipw ynio hrej anfa yghg hfiw agyk yu.

Rehn audt uheq uyke dukw ihkw ohka jkhu zijo dkwi jeci sohi rkou dmwo rwbi esjk ukwi kofu tkwi ojbe ds.

Xama mzut adef gwek mzul mzlm ogvp ymzi aeks otco xoyg lmym pzyd udaa cygx gakm gpod clun ugmu uglm uhl.

Bapy mioj xpca ivnp ywga pcaj pfua nesp uzio mnpa knpa rymx npca jimp cran p.

Inyo mrfi uxgi zrex uyrt fozf oeqh ibrf iqmf olve nyiq roul

we can see the word in the 1st bit are made of blocks of 4 bar at the end of the sentence where they are 1 2 2 3 1

also pls note the word is 6-8 not 8-6 which i have seen said a few times on here

also note that astor said the scroll that was found with the cytped text was doubly important this time

my thoughts
the cypted text is in a form of block cypher and if u take use the final letter/s at the end of the sentence as the key for it it might work but then we need to link in the words found in the damages scroll. have thought about sending it to GCHQ, i have a few working relationships up there but id rather not.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
thergador said:
also pls note the word is 6-8 not 8-6 which i have seen said a few times on here

It came up for me as 8-6, I had it three times in a row so I am absolutely certain.

stevah

Fledgling Freddie
in italy is 7 -5 , so is certanly something about the word that are write in the cryp text, but i don't understand what do y mean about 1 2 2 3 1

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
8-6=2
7-5=2
the scroll is doubly important

lots of twos ?
long shot (i not in game) but any one tried /use2
and the 1 2 2 3 1 is the spare letters at the end of the sentence's(on the english text)

Lohr

Fledgling Freddie
Palaimons tomb? What and where is that? =) step 9 btw

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom