[GOA Event] Tonight - 7:30 gmt

Xalin

[GOA] English Servers GM
There are rumors that someone might need your help tonight in Cotswold.

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
oooo intresting!
hope its a troll that has to be rescude from the evil dragon that lives in dartmoor!
ill come with my white horse and i shall slay the evil beast! then we will ride away into the setting sun! err or something :(

Lam

Fledgling Freddie
Rellik said:
oooo intresting!
hope its a troll that has to be rescude from the evil dragon that lives in dartmoor!
ill come with my white horse and i shall slay the evil beast! then we will ride away into the setting sun! err or something :(

So you want to ride off into the sunset with a troll you just rescued from an evil dragon??
Stop watching Shrek and get yourself a nice briton female to rescue :D

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
Lam said:
So you want to ride off into the sunset with a troll you just rescued from an evil dragon??
Stop watching Shrek and get yourself a nice briton female to rescue :D
nej i wuv dem trolls! :(

Lamont

Fledgling Freddie
:eek6:

Aye, so the 'Shelter for Single Troll Mothers' organisation keeps telling us... Now when you gonna start accepting your responsibilities and help PAY for the upkeep of those little troll-lings...

No wonder they keep invading.. poor buggers only want to find Da-Da!

Corran

Part of the furniture
Thanks for the event guys. It eventually seemed to go off smoothly and even had a semblence of control in the BG after awhile. Was surprised with the number that was there.

Was not the most challenge of events which some people commented on, however that wasnt what it was meant to be about. The story base was nicely done and good to follow with the open ending to allow it to move the Albion story forward.

Look forward to visiting the underworld in the future. :D

Xalin

[GOA] English Servers GM
Thanks so much for showing up in such great numbers guys. Really made the work we put into it more then worth it.

The event went smoothly and yes the endfight wasn't designed for the numbers you brought. But none the less it was a fine battle to watch!

A very special thanks goes out to our E&E Lamagra that played the valiant Knight Sir Dafydd.

See you all on our next event!

Tractartus

Fledgling Freddie
Thank you for running the Event, it was very enjoyable. Certainly looking forward to the next one. :)

Lam

Fledgling Freddie
A big thanks to everyone that showed up for the event.
Really enjoyed it and was nice to see people roleplaying in the battlegroup.
Also a big thanks to "Sir" Corranhorn for getting everyone battle ready :) and to Zenythe for helping me out during the entire event.

Looking forward to more events :clap:

Lam said:
Also a big thanks to "Sir" Corranhorn for getting everyone battle ready :) and to Zenythe for helping me out during the entire event.

lol nicely played 'Sir Dafydd' :D

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Lam said:

What about me for putting the bg together? :p

(it was really a tough job, seriously..)

Mccload

Fledgling Freddie
Did i miss somthing here ???

We traveled to Cotts then to Barrows then on to Caldey to kill a zerg.

Big uber thanks to Darkpoint on finding the zerg :p

But in my mind the event was pointless what we getting out of it, would of been nice to been given a trophy for turning up of some kind. Was my first in 2 years playing DAOC will be me last.... :touch: :flame: :p

Tristessa

One of Freddy's beloved
Whatever happened to that weekend CO-OP bg that you sailed to from Cornwall? Would be fun to do that again... Half the people not knowing it was co-op and killing each other off, while the other half was /yelling NO! STOP!!! ;)

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
Mccload said:

But in my mind the event was pointless what we getting out of it, would of been nice to been given a trophy for turning up of some kind. Was my first in 2 years playing DAOC will be me last.... :touch: :flame: :p
hummm if u meen the mob zerg it was iseeyou and me and puree that was the scout reporters

Thrunge

Fledgling Freddie
I enjoyed it, was fun to roleplay a little :clap:

Certainly was more enjoyable than levelling arti's and whatnot :p

And you couldnt have known we'd get 114 in the bg, hard to gauge how difficult to make the "end game" for such an event.

Thanks for doing it...

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
Thrunge said:
I enjoyed it, was fun to roleplay a little :clap:

Certainly was more enjoyable than levelling arti's and whatnot :p

And you couldnt have known we'd get 114 in the bg, hard to gauge how difficult to make the "end game" for such an event.

Thanks for doing it...

That event ran on all the European servers last night, and I'm proud to say that Pryd had one of the largest BG's. It is very tough to figure out how hard to set the encounters as we never quite know how many people we are going to have and setting the mobs lower ensures that the GM who is running the event isn't running like mad trying to edit monsters down so the 20 people who showed up to do an encounter meant for 50 don't get hacked to bits in the first 20 seconds. That encounter was meant for about 60 and as mentioned we had nearly double that (well done!!) so logic would dictate that the encounter was a bit easier than it should have been.

As far as giving away cool stuff for events... we get whinged at by the players who refuse to get involved with events if we do give nifty stuff away and we get whinged at by the players who think that the only reason to do stuff is to get something uber when we don't... (shrug)

Thanks again for coming out, as long as you guys support this stuff we'll keep doing it.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
My personal preference would be for monsters in the events to give experience as normal ones, and to take the loss from deaths as a result, rather than treat them like realm guards.

Other than that, I enjoy the events, though I missed this one.

Darzil

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
nerff... next time say it bit more than 5 hours before... missed the one and only goa event for alb pryd for like 5 months.. :(

Keres

One of Freddy's beloved
Mccload said:

One thing that got me down was the people whining about not getting anything from events. Its sad to think that people expect to get something when all events are just telling more of the DAoC story. I remember when there was drops from one event which was the 3 realm keep take against a witch, which had drops that made resists really overpowered (think it was 50% or something) and alot of people complained about this since not everyone got these drops and was unfair for the people who couldn't turn up.

But good event once again, I enjoyed it and hope more to come in the future :cheers:

Mccload

Fledgling Freddie
Keres said:
One thing that got me down was the people whining about not getting anything from events. Its sad to think that people expect to get something when all events are just telling more of the DAoC story. I remember when there was drops from one event which was the 3 realm keep take against a witch, which had drops that made resists really overpowered (think it was 50% or something) and alot of people complained about this since not everyone got these drops and was unfair for the people who couldn't turn up.

But good event once again, I enjoyed it and hope more to come in the future :cheers:

Read what i said i never said a drop i said a trophy !!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom