Goa era ends

Zeera

Fledgling Freddie
Today, it was announced that after eight years of operating Dark Age of Camelot in Europe, GOA’s license with Mythic Entertainment will soon expire and they will no longer publish or support the game.

Over the years, GOA has fostered a vibrant and dedicated community that is passionate about the game. In the coming weeks, GOA will be entrusting Mythic with this community of players.

We are currently working with GOA to take over operation of the game and its European community, and will soon be providing details about pressing player questions such as existing subscriptions, character transfers, game versions, localization, and more. We look forward to welcoming all players from the European servers and look forward to supporting them in the years to come.

While this closes one chapter for DAoC in Europe, a new one begins with a bright future of RvR ahead.

We’ll see you in the Frontiers!

Mythic Entertainment

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Good use of sarcasm there.

"Over the years, GOA has fostered a vibrant and dedicated community"

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Looks like a resub for me once it happens then, be nice to play my old characters on busy servers again.

Zeera

Fledgling Freddie
aye xfear em to us plzzzzz...
allrdy have 2 us accounts but only been playing there for ½ a year so i want me old high rr toons back

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Good use of sarcasm there.

"Over the years, GOA has fostered a vibrant and dedicated community"

Well, it's true that the EU community (atleast here) is vibrant and dedicated, but not like that's GOA's credit :p

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
My old account is probably still in GOA's DB, 1 rr6L5 skald, 1 rr4 healer, and 1 LGM SCer - wonder if Mythic will cater for returning players, and migrate accounts over to US servers.

Regardless, I have created a new account on Ywain, and will sub for at least a month after the trial is done with. The server is heavily populated, which is good, makes for all kind of playing styles, however I'm worried on the caps they have to put in place to maintain performance.

Pretty sure Mythic will not invest any additional resources in this game, maybe just try and maintain its current playerbase - which may or may not be a good call, depending on the amount of returning customers.

Hello Mythic, I am one returning customer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom