Giving Up Smoking...

S

Skyler

I have never smoked at all :)

When I see people trying to quit or having problems from it I really do think I made the right choice ;)

Good on ya Jas and Sar!!! :D

X

Xavier

i've never smoked either... it was never appealing to me to stand round the back of the bikesheds as a kid with a lit piece of paper filled with tobacco hanging out of my mouth in the pouring rain...

when i was quite young my mum quit smoking the day my little brother was diagnosed with quite serious asthma... the irony being six months later the little b*stard started on the cancer sticks himself :eek:

since then i reckon most of the people I know who smoked have quit - it might be the fact that they didn't want to die horribly of cancer, or rather that having yellow teeth and fingers was no longer cool but they've all found their reasons...

S

Summo

Hurrah!

Zyban recommend playing computer games to eliviate physical craving.

I'm half-way to my new world of health.

D

Damini

I'm still not smoking. And its great, because being clinically obese is like *so* under rated in women.... Heh....

I have put on weight. Which does suck intensely. But I do like the fact that nothing reeks of smoke anymore. I can really smell it on my hair and clothes when I've been somewhere that people smoke. And not having to cough something up every morning, that sexy mating call... I used nicorette patches, which helped alot, because everytime I tried quitting before I was crying by five o'clock that day. Anything would set me off.

"What's that flipper? Industrial pollutants?" *waaaah!!!!! sob!*

I'm not sure about Zyban. I've known six people that were on it, and three had to stop because it was making them feel unwell mentally. And that creeps me out. It actually works by switching off part of your brain, and was originally designed to work on scitzophrenics. I'd call it last port of call, not first choice. It worked a treat smoking wise for them, but mental unrest is never your friend.

I was on a minimum of twenty a day, but if I'm being honest it was closer to thirty a day too Trem. And I managed to do it. Its been four months now. And I have a wide screen telly to show for it. Which, you have to say, is nice :)

Best of luck with it Trem.

P

Perplex

Originally posted by Damini
I'm not sure about Zyban. I've known six people that were on it, and three had to stop because it was making them feel unwell mentally. And that creeps me out. It actually works by switching off part of your brain, and was originally designed to work on scitzophrenics. I'd call it last port of call, not first choice. It worked a treat smoking wise for them, but mental unrest is never your friend.

Aye, it was first developed as an anti-depressant but when they were clinically trialling it they recieved overwhelming feeback of an interesting side-effect - namely, nobody wanted to smoke anymore :)

I had to take anti-depressants for a short while previously, and they really did mess with my head and mental balance, soI found taking the Zyban a bit of an ordeal, but I did manageto give up very very easily. Shame I had exams 5 months later :)

O

old.samm

Being a non-smoker myself I have to admit that I cant honestly say that I know what it's like for Trem trying to quit. I do know that he had his last fag at 9.15 this morning and by 10.30 he was ringing me at work to snap at me. By 3.30 the agression had gone to be replaced with him feeling ill. I hope he does quit for ever. I would like to not have a house that smells of fags, and not have clothes that smell of fags even though I don't smoke. But be warned, he tried to quit a few years back and so when the bombs start to explode just duck and cover! And if he gets miserable on here just spare a thought for me I get it allday and night. But i'll cope if he quits.

Good luck baby:wub:

D

Damini

Talk to WPKenny about it :) He was in the same boat.

Be sympathetic or lose limbs is the long and short of it.

T

Testin da Cable

it will work tho. [I was there too] just keep at it heh.

B

bodhi

Smoking rocks. Nothing else can reproduce that ill but happy feeling you get after the first fag of the day.

Quitting is for loosers!

S

stu

your a looser bodhi! who the big funni man now huh?! FUNNI GUY>?

S

]SK[

Dont like my first cig as its usually about 8ish whilst im still trying to wake up. Best time has to be later on in the evening when you have a pint in your hand.

C

Custy

I never saw the sense in starting to smoke so i don't (apart from the occasional bifta).
icon_biggrin.gif

M

Mellow-

I've never smoked, and have never had the inclination to either :D I'm a good boy!

*squirm with delight*

F

Furr

At the moment i am going through a 40g pouch of 'Old holborn' smells like a hamster cage and tastes nearly as bad a GV

W

Wazzerphuk

Originally posted by Bodhi
Smoking rocks. Nothing else can reproduce that ill but happy feeling you get after the first fag of the day.

Quitting is for loosers!

It's also for losers, too, apparantly. Agree with you heartily though. :)

T

Trem

Well here I am 24 hours and 397 cups of coffee later. I feel pretty awful and I'm associating everything with smoking, like:-putting my shoes on(best have a ciggie first), eating an apple(best have a ciggie first), falling over and landing in a horse turd(best have a ciggie first). I slept a hell of a lot better last night and i couldn't hear my heart gasping for air as i dozed off. You know when something bad in your life happens, like when someone leaves or someone dies(in this case the leaving is Mr Marlboro)and you get those 3 seconds when you wake up where you feel fine and you don't remember "the bad stuff", well i didn't have that 3 second break, the instant i woke up i wanted nicotine:( wish me luck friends, this is killing me.

M

Munkey-

poor tremor........

i hear living in the gobhi helps

K

kanonfodda

Good Luck mate, I'm sure you won't have any probs quiting "da sticks" :0)

T

Trem

Thanks guys, I have to say samm has been cool, she bought me some of those strawberry sweetie lace type things( they lasted 17 seconds)and i warned my boss who has also been pretty decent about it, I am a highly strung and stressed out person and i don't take stuff in a relaxed manner at the best of times. These nicotine gum things don't burn well at all:(

D

Damini

Get the patches trem. Honestly. You'll end up with a jaw like Popeye on the gum. And pop down to Holland and Barrett and invest in loads of weird little sweeties, like alpen fresh and river ice flavour. Revel in the not having ash breath.

You can do it :)

T

Trem

The gum is immensly bad and hard, do they still sell those choccy sweeties?I CAN DO IT:D

D

Damini

The gum is just minty asbestos, laced with nicotine. Besides, using gum gives you a visible tangible suplement, where as patches you just slap it on and cope. And they gradually get less strong, and you dont really notice, where as with gum you'd have to eventually cut that down yourself.

I have no idea what those choclatey sweeties you are on about are.

T

Trem

Ooops sorry, I meant to say choccy ciggie sweeties, sorry Dam i ain't functioning properly.

D

Damini

In the smoking thread? Tsh tsh Xav, its not like me to tangent wildly out of-

-They seem ok :) Damini is obviously the coolest one, because she's dinky and looks happy alot. Kenny just looks serious and floats about abit. I think they like each other though. And WPKenny seems to like them, so it seems I am the Supreme Girlfriend after all.

And there was much rejoicing! And singing and-

-the normal flow of conversation, is it? Honestly. Keep up the good work Trem!

Users who are viewing this thread