Giving Up Smoking...

D

Damini

Today is my first day of trying to give up smoking. I'm currently wearing a Nicorette Patch the size of Lithunia and smoking Holland and Barretts finest "Herbal Armpit/Fish Cigarettes". I'm not a happy bunny. Infact, Im actually feeling borderline psychotic. Do we have any ex smokers in the arena? Anyone else trying to give up? This... desire to kill and mutilate... how long until it passes? I cunningly timed this to coincide with PMT season, so expect Kenny arriving on your doorstop with his belongings wrapped in a hankerchief and tales of murderous gleamings in my eyes.

W

Will

I gave up smoking 6 years ago now, but I can really not recommend the way I did it.
  1. Smoke 30 rollies a day
  2. Get flu
  3. Cough blood for a fortnight
    [/list=1] Made me quit sharpish.

X

xane

I smoked for around 4 years and gave up over 10 years ago, I just abstained from smoking and that was it, and the joke is I still crave now and again.

You cannot avoid the initial 2-3 weeks of hell, you MUST get over it before anything else.

D

Damini

Eeek Itchy... Yep, I can see the incentive there.

I think I might just go into hybernation. Sleep for the most part of the week. These herbal cigarettes are the most frustrating thing in the world. Its all MacDonalds straw and no banana milkshake at the end of it.

I've been smoking for about eight years professionally, and over 10 in total (you know, those formalitive years where 10 Marlboro will last you five days). Gah. Not going to be a stroll in the park.

B

bodhi

Best way i found to beat the cravings was.....

Have a fag. Quitting is for lewsers!

O

old.Jas

Never smoked, and never will. I just don't see why someone would want to.

S

Summo

I managed to give up for a period of seven months. I was pretty much there, but I then decided that I was giving up for the wrong reasons (over-protective ex-girlfriend). I told her to naff off and I started smoking again.

Anyway... Forget the herbal cigarettes. What's that gonna do? Just remind you every day of what it was like to smoke.

I found strong nicotine gum was good. You still get the craving, obviously but the gum just took the edge of it and made it bearable. I ate a lot more as well.

Now I just smoke whenever I want and I find I'm very happy.

S

Sar

Same here Jas.

I'm a clean living man! Well, other than the alcohol, junk food, shit diet, lack of exercise.

:D

K

*Kornholio*

I quit yesterday & am finding that nicotinell lozenges are helping alot... they don't taste as bad as that gum...

D

Damini

I never intended to smoke. I wasn't one of those "Cos I smoke B+H I'm mature I am..." grrls. I smoked a stupid amount of pot at a stupidly young age and just kinda got into the nicotine that way. So I gave up the pot at 18 and still carried on smoking. All very stupid and not very well thought out.

I've binned the herbal cigarettes. They seem more suited to a level of hell, or a Greek Gods curse, than as an aid to quitting.

O

old.D0LLySh33p

I wouldn't be able to live without my Cartier cigarettes :( :( :(

W

Will

I know this isn't what you need right now, but your herbal fags have reminded me of clove ciggies.

Anyone know where to get them in the UK? One of my exes used to get them from Hong Kong for me.

D

Damini

Dunno where to get them here (though Brighton is a good guess) but as an interesting fact, when I met the leader of the Church of Evil in the USA, he smoked clove cigarrettes. The devil endorses your curiosity.

T

Trem

I gave up a few years back, quite honestly the worst i have ever felt in my life, i did it for 6 months then thought fuck it, the patches helped me but boy did i put on weight, in the end i decided to give up alcohol instead, that was easy, aint had a drink for 10 years now, my problem was it was all or nothing and i was rapidly becoming a alcoholic.Any way, good luck damini, stick with it.....................................if u can!:fluffle:

W

Wij

Never tried to give up although if i stay at my girlfriend's mum's for a week i can go without. Don't crave too much. I'd prefer to be smoking but i can live without.

I CANNOT go without drink for a day tho :) Not that I'm an alcy. I only have 2 or 3 cans and I don't even like getting properly pissed much these days. I just can't sleep without a little drinkie :)

T

Trem

Also try and avoid the classic ciggie monents like after sex(kenny will understand)and after eating(who needs food anyway)waking up(either sleep all day or dont sleep at all)and after wanki.....oh that dont apply 2 u, apart from this it shud be easy!

W

Wij

Never smoke while wanking lads. I forgot that one in the comedy injuries thread :D

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by ItchyTrigaFinga
I gave up smoking 6 years ago now, but I can really not recommend the way I did it.
  1. Smoke 30 rollies a day Itchy,laddie, I was on 60 mate. ugh.
  2. Get flu
  3. Cough blood for a fortnight
    [/list=1] Made me quit sharpish.

1. this made me quit too. I didn't want to do it, I was forced and now I'm damn glad of it heh. D grrleh, once you get through the 'bad' 3~4 weeks there's another less-bad bit that takes a couple of months.
    After that you're home free [if you want to be]. Once you've stopped you'll feel great!
    btw, remember to get your tush down the gym every now and then hehe: quitting gained me 15 kilos :eek6:

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Clover cigs. are so nice :) Also they smell a tad like crack.

S

Sir Frizz

Tried smoking, but it never caught on with me.

P

PR.

After seing the peeps smoking at school and the B+H girls (no offence Damini).

I had no intention on following there lead :/

D

Damini

I was never one of those B+H grrrlehs! Never! Nor have I ever worn Creole earrings or gone out with anyone called Darren. These things must be catagorically noted.

And with regards to the crack thing... I met The Leader on the way to New Orleans, where I accidently stayed with a crack dealer called Gino. Its a fairly long story... but whilst I don't recall crack smelling like clove cigarettes, I do remember waking up with a rasta standing at the end of my bed. As the Chinese say, May you live in interesting times.

And yes, I think I may well have to invest in a gym season pass. I think I'm visibly swelling, and its only my first day. At the end of the trauma time of two weeks, I fully expect to be wandering down the streets of New York causing havoc, whilst being chased by the cast of Ghostbusters.

S

]SK[

Once a smoker always a smoker. I want to give up, and said i would at 12pm new years eve.

Lasted maybe 10 mins.

I want to and maybe will stop for 5 months but i crack and give in.
Waste of money too :(

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Dunno what it is about sucking those things. Just so good...

S

Summo

Hypnotism has excellent results. If I ever decide to give up that's what I'm doing, no question.

W

Wilier

origionally posted by SomeGuy
Hypnotism has excellent results

You prolly wont believe this, but our electrician on my shift is a qualified and registered Hypnotherapist. He reckons that people he treats for smoking always get a result,( paticularly the ladies, if ya know what I mean.;) )

Seriously tho, he suggests Hypnotherapy if all else fails, cos it can be quite expensive.

O

old.D0LLySh33p

I hate having music channels. Everytime a cool tune comes on I just have to light up :(

Anything by Linkin Park, Staind, Nickel Back... there go my lungs.

M

Mellow-

Originally posted by Wij
Never smoke while wanking lads. I forgot that one in the comedy injuries thread :D

LMAO! Did we really need to know that, I mean...really?

Oh and you sound like a complete alcoholic to me, drinking cans every day can't be good. Although if you have trouble sleeping, try...those sleeping tablets. Or maybe don't stay up so late on the net! :)

Users who are viewing this thread