"Gimpes"

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

seeaira

This isn't a whine but more of a statement or food for thought, but im sure by the end I will start whining lol.

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day who played in the beta USA daoc release, she was talking about how she remembers when there were no horses in the realm, so you had to walk everywhere you went..
She was one of the very first to spec in mana as a chanter and so she caused an uproar when people insisted she was gimped and bashed her on the forum. It wasnt that she was gimped, it was that the idiots didnt know what to do with pbaoe, so to them, it was "gimped".

This now brings me into the discussion of the thread. I decided early in the game to be a 2 handed pally.. On a daily basis I run into idiots who insist on calling me a gimp or pointing out the fact im 2 handed, as if I didn't know. I just about had enough when I was dueling a friend (kagato) and this jackass kept yelling out what a gimp I was because im 2 handed and what a waist.
Just because its not the "Norm" for a pally to go 2 handed doesn't mean im gimped, I would have to say a pally who went 2 handed thrust might be, or one who specs in thrust and slash but ffs.. What's up with all the twats calling you a gimp cause you spec the way you want to?
I happen to pay for the game just like all of you and it pisses me off when I get nagged about it.
Look at this twat who thinks we cant even lotto for drops now cause we are "gimps"

Originally posted by old.krane
I find it ridiculous that rr3-4 sometimes not even 50 ppl get UBER sidi weapons....

FGS...last time a rr2 TWO HANDED PALADIN got the 2h sword instead of some 2h armsman...i am not mentioning the name but i guess we all know who he is..

there is a rule called need before greed....well..maybe we should rethink that..

cause current rules can produce shit like mentioned above..

not to mention uber mincer slasher going to 300k rps mincer...gg..
Fyi u need at least rr5 to use the full dmg potential....not to mention the SC set instead of epic4tehwin...

/flame
/whine

lets do something..this nonsense has to stop..
If it doesnt we/i might start organizing alliance raids soonish..

He must think he's some freekin ubber gift to all of us at daoc and that no one else has a right to what they want. Correct me if im wrong, but had it not been for all the other people at the raid there wouldn't be a freekin lotto. Everyone has a right to spec the way they want and I know I will always be lottoing after the 2 handed swords... so sucks for you.. I have one.. 2 more to go :kissit:

My point in this thread was to say.. just because its in your minds that 2 handed pallys are useless and have no reason doesn't mean they are gimps.. its because, like my friend who was one of the first pbaoe in the game.. you don't see the advantage of being a 2 handed pally until people start zerging to be one. most people that group with me on a regular basis are impressed with what I can do.. with the way rvr groups are going now in terms of being a tank group who needs a slammer anyways.. and imo it would be boring if all of us were the same. Even though I know this will cause the 2 handed pally haters to come out and whine back.. I just wanted to say my 2 cents worth.
The US servers have already caught on to the fact we are good.. a lot are 2 handed there. You wont ever see me going S&S.. and I guarantee you will see more 2 handed pallys
/end of whine:m00:

C

Coim-

You're right. And the worse thing is, if/when they fix double speccing, 2H pally's and armsmans will become FoTM.

B

bahamuts

krane start organising your own raid for rr5+ then...

L

Lomald Umilinn

totally agree with you :)
And a bit with krane too.

Since i'm rich, i have got a few drops easy. They allways try to sell them to me for some reason. And besides i know lot of people who have got sidi drops that are not even rr2 .. and are around level 45ish.

Realm Ranks should have bearing on lottos if you ask me, but hey... im not a raid leader so things doesn't matter what i think :).

All should learn from seearia. Noone is gimp, you just spec the way you want to play this game and people call you gimp? see how this game have developed into.

B

Bleri McThrust

Seearia

Totally agree with you.

Theres no such thing as a gimped character, unless the person whos playing that character feels that way themself.

As for the idea that only RR5 people should use a dps 16.5 weapon or af 102 arnmour, well thats total rubbish IMO. So you lose out on a tiny bit of af or dps. You still get use from all the stats on that item. You certainly dont/wont see crafters turning away a sale because the character wont be able to use the full potential of an item at that moment.

Any spec is a perfectly valid way of playing any character. PvE or RvR are perfectly valid options within the game.

J

jox

Hm, yes there is something classic with paladins wielding twohanded swords... 97% of all pallys in fantasy books use swords, and many of them twohanders...looks good. To bad that twohanded pallys are gimps in daoc.... :)

B

Belsameth

I find that post from Krane very scary to be honest.
now he's saying that drops should onjly go to certain spec types who attained RR5 at least.
what's next? some classes can't lotto because they aren't as "uber" as some other classes? every class, and every spec works hard on a raid and has equal rights to a the drops (if they can use it efficiently, meaning they specced for it. no use giving a slash weapon to a thruster)
besides that, I totally agree it's up to you on how you spec. it might be percieved as less efficient, but ultimatly it's your char, and you have to live with it.

L

loxleyhood

The only people who think realm rank should matter are the ones with a high realm rank. They don't really care (and I think few understand) why a high rr gets x% more out of it, they just want to improve chances for themselves.

P.S. Don't listen to them Seearia! I still love you! :spin:

F

-Freezingwiz-

Originally posted by Lomald Umilinn
All should learn from seearia. Noone is gimp, you just spec the way you want to play this game and people call you gimp? see how this game have developed into.

I´m a gimp ^^ I got a ava'loonie' Wiz :p

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Belsameth
I find that post from Krane very scary to be honest.
now he's saying that drops should onjly go to certain spec types who attained RR5 at least.

I believe Krane was saying "All the drops should go to me and my friends" just trying to couch it in more socially acceptable terms.

F

-Freezingwiz-

Originally posted by loxleyhood
The only people who think realm rank should matter are the ones with a high realm rank. They don't really care (and I think few understand) why a high rr gets x% more out of it, they just want to improve chances for themselves.

P.S. Don't listen to them Seearia! I still love you! :spin:

I think the problem krane have is that ... normaly ppl with high RR = pl that play there chars offen and get more use of there chars that is the reason they should get it... not saying that ppl with RR don´t do that(or will be doing that) but normaly ppl that are RR5+ play use a lot more time in front of the screen then lower RR ppl...

that is the view I think he see´s it from....

my 5 pence

J

Jiggs

to be fair, i think its more frustration on the part of higher rr people.

generally they have been playing the game longer and are more 'dedicated' to the game/their class (well RvR at least)

please note the: GENERALLY!! :p

anyway the alliance (GoL, BF, HB) did exactly what they said and made some smaller raids, so this thread seems pointless now...

finally i think villifying high rr people 'cos they have been unlucky in lottos and thrown their toys out of the pram is just as bad as their statements in the first place.

he only makes this statement 'cos he 'cares too much' about the game, hmmm people on all sides need to chill out imo
:cool:

J

Jiggs

Originally posted by Lomald Umilinn

well thats fine, but you wonder why hibs and mids are so critical of our realm's RvR skills generally?

thats the attitude of loads of people in albion and it costs us ALOT in RvR raids....

but i stoppped worrying about this a long time ago :)

O

old.krane

Originally posted by seeaira
This isn't a whine but more of a statement or food for thought, but im sure by the end I will start whining lol.

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day who played in the beta USA daoc release, she was talking about how she remembers when there were no horses in the realm, so you had to walk everywhere you went..
She was one of the very first to spec in mana as a chanter and so she caused an uproar when people insisted she was gimped and bashed her on the forum. It wasnt that she was gimped, it was that the idiots didnt know what to do with pbaoe, so to them, it was "gimped".

This now brings me into the discussion of the thread. I decided early in the game to be a 2 handed pally.. On a daily basis I run into idiots who insist on calling me a gimp or pointing out the fact im 2 handed, as if I didn't know. I just about had enough when I was dueling a friend (kagato) and this jackass kept yelling out what a gimp I was because im 2 handed and what a waist.
Just because its not the "Norm" for a pally to go 2 handed doesn't mean im gimped, I would have to say a pally who went 2 handed thrust might be, or one who specs in thrust and slash but ffs.. What's up with all the twats calling you a gimp cause you spec the way you want to?
I happen to pay for the game just like all of you and it pisses me off when I get nagged about it.
Look at this twat who thinks we cant even lotto for drops now cause we are "gimps"

He must think he's some freekin ubber gift to all of us at daoc and that no one else has a right to what they want. Correct me if im wrong, but had it not been for all the other people at the raid there wouldn't be a freekin lotto. Everyone has a right to spec the way they want and I know I will always be lottoing after the 2 handed swords... so sucks for you.. I have one.. 2 more to go :kissit:

My point in this thread was to say.. just because its in your minds that 2 handed pallys are useless and have no reason doesn't mean they are gimps.. its because, like my friend who was one of the first pbaoe in the game.. you don't see the advantage of being a 2 handed pally until people start zerging to be one. most people that group with me on a regular basis are impressed with what I can do.. with the way rvr groups are going now in terms of being a tank group who needs a slammer anyways.. and imo it would be boring if all of us were the same. Even though I know this will cause the 2 handed pally haters to come out and whine back.. I just wanted to say my 2 cents worth.
The US servers have already caught on to the fact we are good.. a lot are 2 handed there. You wont ever see me going S&S.. and I guarantee you will see more 2 handed pallys
/end of whine:m00:

Your 2 hand palading IS THE WORST FUCKING GIMP IN THE GAME...its like speccing a friar full rejuv and enhancements without staff..or even worse than that.
You CANT fulfill your role in rvr...you CANT compete with ANY other tank in either your or the other realms...

There is lots of ways to spec a paladin...not all have to be alike...but 2h is gimped...u got shit dmg output anyway...

about your chanter friend in US...what the fuck does that prove? the game was VERY different back at start or at beta...so he did a mana chanter...than what...that spec was very different back than also....fyi i was starting game with an ice wizard in my fixed grp also...and we dropped it cause it was crap for xp...back than..

And as for calling me a twat...well...i am a twat? guess it wasnt me who accidentally sold a sidi drop won on lotto?

http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=70708

fyi....

and referring to US servers...please man....get a grip 99% of the US players are retards...read VNboards....they whine that savages dont do enuff dmg...and midgard is gimped...

every time i want a good laugh i read VNboards...

average EU daoc player > good US player anytime

and for the US pallys who go 2h..and also u who go 2h....good luck going to pve or rvr at low lvl zergs...cause u wont EVER get a grp with taht gimp spec...simply cause u cant fullfill your role in rvr...thus u are considered gimped...

the ppl like u and your 2h paladins is the reason why midgard/hibernia has such an easy time farming rps...you are :puke:

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Jiggs
finally i think villifying high rr people 'cos they have been unlucky in lottos and thrown their toys out of the pram is just as bad as their statements in the first place.

Yeah but it's fun ;)

I've nothing against high RR folks :) just in my opinion they should have no more right than anyone else to a drop.

O

old.krane

Originally posted by bahamuts
krane start organising your own raid for rr5+ then...

RR+ raids? nah...

i will just organize guild split lotto SIDI raids...

F

Flimgoblin

Re: Re: "Gimpes"

waffle

Krane, if you start paying Seeaira's subscriptions you can tell her how to spec.

F

Flimgoblin

RR+ raids? nah...

i will just organize guild split lotto SIDI raids...

because a purely RR5+ one wouldn't get quite so far ;)
It's a good system that though - means you can do your guild drops by your guild's rules.

S

Sohan_THC

Oke but how you spec an paladin then ?

2x skill points = total of 2979 points

50 2 hand
44 slash
30 chant <so you got rez and resist spell>
22 parry < fixed in rvr and works great in pve>

Could work tho. < what i made quick in char builder>

But there is a diff with arms and paladins.

Str cap wich is needed for 2 hand is higher on arms. so far i seen 335 with buffs.

Gives nice dgm with new capped str :)

palla has less hit points and with no shield ( normal more change of not getting hit , like my reaver : or parry or shield then change to hit wich also can be missed. i see you block mob1 , parry mob2 and mob 3 miss.

So in general you get a little more hits then with s+s
my arms has when buffed ofc. 2367 hitpoints.
keeps them buzzy for a while ;)

So based on the spac above yes you could be a nice 2 hander.
but not real top of the bill.
see it as arms with s+s they are oke but never better then pala.
2 hand pala can't be better then 2 hand arms.
so not saying it is gimped .

Most important thing in game is.
You need to love youre char. have fun with it knows his weak points. if you do then you are a happy player and probely play it very good. yes even better then ppl who should be tuffer and meaner but are more buzzy with other things.
Better have 2 happy 2handers in the group who fight for pleasure and fame then some < on paper i am uber so phear me> and never used to know about the /assist command. :m00:

you win some you loose some rvr battle's
but to loose cause ppl are afk , run after tanks etc, is plain stupid

Good to see you still fighting off the rest pointing @ you.
got the same with reaver tho she is slash. i amaze ppl and yes they say im gimped , but i and same like you we know better tho let them laugh. aslong as we have fun in it :)

Differance for teh win !!!!11 :clap:

C

cougar-

2h pally xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

ps.give more of those, free rps for meeeeeeeeee

F

Falcor

i guess its hard for ppl to think i stay neutral to things like this with me being rr6, but i do, i think shes right, i dont think a 2h pally is gimped, u play what u wanna play, however, what i dont like is drops going onto never played chars and buffbots and money making chars, this really annoys me, i want drops to be used.

This is the defination i wanna try and make some how, and tbh money making chars, buffbots and never played would be excluded by a realm rank restriction, if a 2h pally however wins lotto of an armsman so be it...provididng the pally is active :)

F

-Freezingwiz-

Originally posted by Sohan_THC
Oke but how you spec an paladin then ?

2x skill points = total of 2979 points

50 2 hand
44 slash
30 chant <so you got rez and resist spell>
22 parry < fixed in rvr and works great in pve>

lmao u are jokeing right `??? 30 chants !!!

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Falcor
This is the defination i wanna try and make some how, and tbh money making chars, buffbots and never played would be excluded by a realm rank restriction, if a 2h pally however wins lotto of an armsman so be it...provididng the pally is active :)

As would a whole load of other people who just don't spend all day running around emain.

rule out necros and cabalists - don't let them come to Sidi, that'll stop the money making chars.

Rule out clerics - that'll stop most of the buffbots from lottoing.

I can see why you would want to put in a restriction (for reasons other than "more drops for me and my pals" I mean ;)) but it's not the right one.

Edit: Incase it's not obvious I wasn't saying your motive was "more drops for me and my pals" I'm saying that's one possible motive, which probably isn't the reason you're putting this RR5 thing in.

N

Nebel

A guildy of mine (Painbringer) is 2H-crush specced; RR4L2 now afaik, mostly soloing (or small groups) around in Odins.
Considering he started to be RvR-active maybe 3 or 4 months ago and he aint a 24/7-player i have to conclude his spec cant be that gimped, hm???
To those whining 2-H Pallies cant fulfill THEIR role in RvR... HAHA... what utter BS...by this u peeps say a Pally is NOTHING but a slam-bot... oh WOW... must be fun to be that.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Your 2 hand palading IS THE WORST FUCKING GIMP IN THE GAME...its like speccing a friar full rejuv and enhancements without staff..or even worse than that.
You CANT fulfill your role in rvr...you CANT compete with ANY other tank in either your or the other realms...

There is lots of ways to spec a paladin...not all have to be alike...but 2h is gimped...u got shit dmg output anyway...

about your chanter friend in US...what the fuck does that prove? the game was VERY different back at start or at beta...so he did a mana chanter...than what...that spec was very different back than also....fyi i was starting game with an ice wizard in my fixed grp also...and we dropped it cause it was crap for xp...back than..

And as for calling me a twat...well...i am a twat? guess it wasnt me who accidentally sold a sidi drop won on lotto?

http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=70708

fyi....

and referring to US servers...please man....get a grip 99% of the US players are retards...read VNboards....they whine that savages dont do enuff dmg...and midgard is gimped...

every time i want a good laugh i read VNboards...

average EU daoc player > good US player anytime

and for the US pallys who go 2h..and also u who go 2h....good luck going to pve or rvr at low lvl zergs...cause u wont EVER get a grp with taht gimp spec...simply cause u cant fullfill your role in rvr...thus u are considered gimped...

the ppl like u and your 2h paladins is the reason why midgard/hibernia has such an easy time farming rps...you are :puke:

But, omigod, she ENJOYS playing a 2-H paladin. What an insane concept; playing for the enjoyment of the game and not to be an uber 1337 gobshite like you. :-O

E

Eggy

I agree with you in the fact that nobody should go around shouting "gimp" at people whos spec they don't agree with - that's true.

However, the fact that you say no char can be gimped, is obviously incorrect. Take these prime examples:

*Avalonian earth wizard with +10 empathy
*Avalonian crush paladin
*Avalonians

Facts are facts, 2H is not the "best" (ie most fulfilling to RVR) spec. To be any good with double speccing, you need 50 2H, 44+ slash, decent chants and parry. You can't have them all. S+S paladins are by far superior in both PVE and RVR.

My armsman, in my opinion, especially with the stat cap raise and increased parry is now gimped as hybrid spec, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

By definition you are, therefore, "gimped". Then again, turning your light on in emain technically makes you a gimp. As does wearing a guild cloak as an infiltrator, or having a buffbot that has MotA 4 instead of 5.

People have the right to play and spec how they want...even if it's not to everyone's taste.

N

Naewae

Chants

tbh Pally's are chanters - it is their 'thing' so for me you have to go at least 46, preferably 48 and twist twist twist.

Also, Pally's rez is baseline - u get it at level 30 regardless of spec.

F

Flimgoblin

Re: Chants

Originally posted by Naewae

it's not - I knew a level 35 paladin who didn't have ress and was cursed at lots for it ;)

S

Sibanac

Re: Chants

Originally posted by Naewae
tbh Pally's are chanters - it is their 'thing' so for me you have to go at least 46, preferably 48 and twist twist twist.

its near imposible to twist in RVR, you need to keep track of to many things, use styles and still keep pressing those 4 buttons.

and pally rezz is 30 chants, if you dont spec 30 chants you dont get it

B

Berny

:)

really... I'm doing good in rvr.
You can't say a pally is gimped becoz he can't be your slambot.
I have no difficulties at all killing enemies on my own.

I admit we don't do more damage than 2hand armsman.
But my damage isn't shit.
I can take down enemy with the aid of chants.

What if I can get a group :)

the ppl like u and your 2h paladins is the reason why midgard/hibernia has such an easy time farming rps...you are :puke: [/B]
Well, I farm them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom