Politics General Election 2017

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Gumbo, Apr 18, 2017.

If the General Election was today, how would you vote?

1. Conservative

19 vote(s)
    35.2%
  2. Labour

15 vote(s)
    27.8%
  3. Liberal Democrat

10 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. Ukip

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Green

5 vote(s)
    9.3%
  6. SNP

3 vote(s)
    5.6%
  7. Other

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. Wij

Wij I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Job

Job TWAT and FH Object of Ridicule

Immigration officers make a mistake under changing rules.

Not really an issue outside of temporary inconvenience, but if that baby steals my job.....

• Facepalm Facepalm x 1
  3. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

Why hasn't the home office stepped in and fixed it then? Why do the family have to make representations for a baby born in the UK?

Even if it's a simple mistake, the fact that a mistake can happen on so simple an issue shows that our system itself is not fit for purpose. It also indicates that for anyone with a more complex rights status they've got a flip-a-coin chance to get the correct legal outcome.

What it definitely shows though is a country with a lack of class.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Job

Scouse, we let in millions, rewrite all our forms in their languages, give them free legal advice, homes, benefits, we prioritise crime against them, we have built an entire political and cultural movement to protect their rights to religion and cultural self expression..they can run their own schools and we are legally obliged to represent them in the media way above their actual numbers.

But no some low level immigration officer makes a mistake and you're shouting at Brexit.

5. Scouse

Answer the questions I've posed about the fitness of a system in the face of a "mistake" on such an idiotic level, rather than just restating your case.

6. Wij

7. DaGaffer

DaGaffer Down With That Sorta Thing

8. Job

Ukip.
    I mean ..c'mon, it's just hilarious.

9. Job

10. Gwadien

Gwadien Uneducated Northern Cretin

This is why Corbyn thinks this kind of stuff is relevant.

Because all the uglies are showing their heads.

11. Scouse

Whereas skilled work and higher wages benefit us all...

12. Job

Its all a bit moot when the third job extinction is on its way.

13. Wij

14. Job

Just type
    'Why does everyone hate the jews'
    Into google, its not exactly a new thing or a surprise to anyone.

15. Scouse

It's another fucking rubbish story. Clocked that this morning.

It's a book written in 1902 that he wrote a foreward for. In 1902. If someone had asked him to write a foreward for Mein Kampf as an important historical document do you think he should refuse that too? Or would it mean that he definitely supports the gassing of Jews?

It's fucking bollocks. I absolutely blame this sort of digging, scraping-the-bottom-of-the-barrel shite on a well-coordinated Israel lobby who are keeping "Jeremy" and "antisemite" in the papers.

Edit: It begs this question: Are all works from older periods of history to be completely discarded and disowned if the author held racist views?

Is the Ring Cycle a piece of shit, because Wagner was a facist?

It's just trotting out the argument again - that Michael Jackson's music is disgusting because he may have touched boys.

Fucking. Rubbish. - And more than that, the argument is weak. But in Corbyn's case it's getting repeated and repeated and repeated in the hope that shit sticks.

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  16. Gwadien

Because it is.

I'd love to know how many billions are spent digging through the lives of public figures.

17. Wij

He didn’t write the forward in 1902. He could have said bits of it were problematic but he didn’t. Not a fucking word. He either doesn’t care or agrees. I really don’t get why you would stick up for Corbyn. He’s a fucking awful human being.

18. Job

Youre right.

View: https://youtu.be/XxfSlIS55mk

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. Wij

20. Scouse

It's fucking obvious?

He may indeed be a cunt. But antisemite he ain't.

21. Wij

To you, but if he doesn’t say it when any normal person would have done then that speaks volumes.

Despite repeated evidence.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. Scouse

You actually read it? People who are going to read that book know when it was written, know the context. It's not your "average" reader who's going to read a tome from 1902.

No. Despite a waged shit-slinging competition against the first prime ministerial candidate who'd pull the rug out from under racist racist apartheid Israel.

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    • Facepalm Facepalm x 1
  23. Gwadien

There's been a Tory dude canvassing recently, apparently he was following Labour around pulling out their leaflets from letterboxes.

haha

24. Job

Watched the news tonight, following campaigners.
    Ukip, they interviewed 2 local idiots in an abandoned shopping centre, cut to Labour campaigning, big group in suits high fiving, walking around well heeled streets, interviewing school teachers and various intelligent people.

It never changes does it.

25. Wij

Labour appears to be getting a kicking.

26. Wij

Too Brexity for Remainers and too Remainy for Brexiteers?

27. Job

In a strange turn of events ,no one gives a shit about the locals and are waiting for the European elections so they can actually have a little bit of power to their vote.
    I didnt bother because I wasnt going to vote for either and no fucking chance I would vote for the dems as a protest.
    They should give you a negative vote option.

28. Gwadien

So you get more of a say in the EU elections than you do in local elections.

Why are we leaving the EU again?

• Funny Funny x 2