Politics General Election 2017

If the General Election was today, how would you vote?

• Conservative

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Ukip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I totally agree..but its only Jamaicans who are being given the benefit of the doubt.
This has to apply to everyone or no one.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
So rumours have started of another snap election

Tory MPs Braced For Snap Election Amid Brexit Splits - Reports

I know the tories are in disarray but is it sensible to do this with just months left in our negotiations with Europe? May is a dead duck, but Corbyn has had his time, and is now losing support and credibility. I can't see the country gaining anything at all from this, with the real possibility that government will be thrown into even more chaos.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Both major parties are fucking useless at the moment. Neither should be trusted to run the country. Worst I’ve ever seen.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Both major parties are fucking useless at the moment. Neither should be trusted to run the country. Worst I’ve ever seen.

I do love how when the Tories look like they are in trouble on issues related Europe it seems Labour join them right afterwards on antisemitism, something they really should of managed to put behind them by now.

You know if there was a general election tomorrow, I would be unsure who would win.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I do love how when the Tories look like they are in trouble on issues related Europe it seems Labour join them right afterwards on antisemitism, something they really should of managed to put behind them by now.
Honestly, I think the Israel lobby won't let it go. The four examples that Labour haven't adopted are already being used to chill criticism of Israel elsewhere, so I can understand why they've been reluctant.

I think there's 250-odd members being investigated for antisemitism or something. Out of, what, half a million?

I reckon they've drawn a line in the sand - Labour want to be able to freely criticise Israel if they do get into power and those four things will make it difficult without accusations of antisemitism in government. Which is why the stories will never go away.

They say the US government is in-hoc to the Israel lobby. I think ours is under a lot of pressure too.

At the same time, I don't think that there's not an antisemitism problem in Labour. But I also think it's probably the same in the other parties too.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
If Corbyn came out and said 'Look, we're anti-Israel, not anti-Semitic' it would cause such a cool debate where Labour could possibly gain lots of popularity.

But nah, Corbyn is doing fuck all :D

Embattle

FH is my second home
However the issue keeps coming up for exactly the opposite reason, he has generally said very little on this issue.....or anything else it seems.

Job

You cant say fuck all when it comes to jews...unless you say they are the greatest people on the planet, you just have to keep your mouth shut...which of course is the road to the second holocaust.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You cant say fuck all when it comes to jews...unless you say they are the greatest people on the planet, you just have to keep your mouth shut...which of course is the road to the second holocaust.
No. You just can't criticise them for being Jews.

Just like you can't criticise black people for being black or muslims for being muslims.

All of which you do - which makes you a bigotted racist cunt.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Surely he can't do a worse job than May?

Just out of interest - who'd you have in govt. then? I can't think of a single rational leader atm.
Vince Cable would be miles better than May or Corbyn.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Of the current lot - probably Sajid Javid. Not the most inspiring choice, but then look at the competition.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Surely he can't do a worse job than May?

Just out of interest - who'd you have in govt. then? I can't think of a single rational leader atm.

Sure he can, it'll be why I'm unable to vote Labour at the moment.

Job

Obviously theres a complete media blackout..considering the enormity of brexit, we see the PM about once a week for a wave.
Im still confident the whole thing will get kicked into the even longer grass.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Obviously theres a complete media blackout..considering the enormity of brexit, we see the PM about once a week for a wave.
Im still confident the whole thing will get kicked into the even longer grass.
Not because of some big conspiracy by a secret cabal of ultra powerful remainers though. It will be because there's no Brexit option available that could get a decent amount of support in both the parliament and the public opinion.

No deal is suicide.

Hard Brexit is terrible for the economy and breaches the EU's red line on the Irish border so would just lead to no deal.

Chequers breaches the EU's red line on not cherry picking the single market so isn't available.

EEA is available but would be seen as not a real Brexit by the Brexit ultras and would be seen as pointless by the public because we might as well stay in the EU where we can have more influence over the rules.

Nothing will get the support of anywhere near half of MPs and half the country.

Job

We will have jack shit influence if we do anything but hard brexit.
A Britain back in the EU would be the laughing stock of Brussels.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
We will have jack shit influence if we do anything but hard brexit.
A Britain back in the EU would be the laughing stock of Brussels.
Which bit of 'hard brexit isn't an option' did you miss?

Job

Artwork...
It was a printed list..print another one and lock the case.

Job

I think the missing 'art' is an even more powerful statement.
It was in alphabetical order I hear, 4/5ths of it came under M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom