Gem Crafting

Anny

Fledgling Freddie
i seem to remember reading a while ago that gem crafting would be comming out but i cant remember when ?

do any of you lot remember or know anything about this ?

or maybe know where i can find out more ?

thanks

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
I presume you mean item crafting? Rings, Necklases, Gems, Etc...

Mythic said they were interested/looking into it when they brought out spell crafting... nothing has been said about it since then. :(

By the looks of the polls that have been out recently, nobody chose more crafting developments... except me ;) so im guessing they wont be concentrating on it in the near future.

Anny

Fledgling Freddie
yeah thats what i am on about, it would be a very nice addition to crafting but it would be nice if they remade the way crafting works first, i suppose its not even in action on US servers then ?

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
nope :(

not even been talked about in any up and coming patches... tbh... i dont think it will ever happen... if it does, i will be very happy.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Yess, more changes so that we all have to redo the templates again!

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
No new crafting on U.S servers as yet... think it will be awhile before any new stuff comes in like that - would change template's / balance of them etc again so suppose they would have to do testing on that etc as well, also as someone mentioned above, doesnt look like crafting is top priority on the polls either that have been out recently.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
First of all they should raise MP % first. It's stupid having 1150 skill and strugling for hours to make an item.

Anny

Fledgling Freddie
agreed there are more important things that need to be fixed first but it would be nice to be able to craft every single piece in a template

Anny

Fledgling Freddie
lol yeah MP% needs fixing i spent 35p making 3 mp chain items for a friend a few weeks back, my cash flow has still not recovered fully

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Gemcrafting would make using any sort of drops almost obsolete ... you'd get a couple of artifacts for the toa bonuses and the "important" procs/charges ... and the rest everybody would just get perfect templates :(

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
well thats not completly true as we cant add the +cap changes, only drops can do that...

never played ToA so not sure if artifacts will give those though tbh

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Pirkel said:
Gemcrafting would make using any sort of drops almost obsolete ... you'd get a couple of artifacts for the toa bonuses and the "important" procs/charges ... and the rest everybody would just get perfect templates :(
Agrd, the only way to prevent this would be to make them have lower imbue points than armour. It was stupid of them to promise gemcrafting then go so damn long w/o implementing it, but I'd prefer if it stays that way. Perfect templates will just make the game boring.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i beleive they said they wouldnt implement jewelry crafting just because it would kill off any form of pve at all, you would need 1 or two items only for your caps the rest could be spellcrafted in.

Thats what i heard anyway was a long time ago and i dont think mythic ever really wanted the game to go towards min maxing templates. which is why rvr went from realistically paced fights to after SI was released to everyone with capped stats/resists/ skills.

I suspect jewelry craft will never be implemented to do so would gut most of the high level mobs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom