Gears of war

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
Whats the deal with the COG tags you need to find in the game? Does it just give you gamerscore points?

Delket

One of Freddy's beloved
If anyone plays reguarly my gamertags Delket, not usually a fan of online DM but this is great fun :)

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Picked this up today, mate made me buy it. At gunpoint of course. Its utterly stunning to look at and I am enjoying it a lot. Going through it on hardcore level as reconmended but I have still to see why this game is rated in the 90's apart from the 2 sites I frequent where it gets a very fair 80. It reminds me of WinBack and another game whose name is infuriating me, some obscure xbox1 title but I enjoyed them a lot. Its not unfair to compare it to Time Crisis in a sense either.

Will finish it, seems graphics do seem to have made an effect on my usual purchasing habits, the fact that theres a pretty decent game in there is a rather massive bonus. Online should be fun too.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
aye there was this game made by a brit dev that was similar to this, was an uber short game could be finished in 3 hours and sold for £19

no idea wtf it was called but had a cut scene of a woman going "say my name or some thing"

Yaka

Part of the furniture
aye there was this game made by a brit dev that was similar to this, was an uber short game could be finished in 3 hours and sold for £19

no idea wtf it was called but had a cut scene of a woman going "say my name or some thing"

well i just rembered it the games name it was called kill switch made by namco but im sure it was uk dev that made it

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Yaka said:

well i just rembered it the games name it was called kill switch made by namco but im sure it was uk dev that made it

Bastard, beat me to it. But yeah i remember the woman and the portally thing.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Doomy said:
Picked this up today, mate made me buy it. At gunpoint of course. Its utterly stunning to look at and I am enjoying it a lot. Going through it on hardcore level as reconmended.

I am trying to play it on hardcore too, but I die a lot :) I absolutly hate playing fps games with a joypad, I am going to ahve to figure it out.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Ch3tan said:
I am trying to play it on hardcore too, but I die a lot :) I absolutly hate playing fps games with a joypad, I am going to ahve to figure it out.

Try switching between Invert/regular on the aiming.

My younger brother was awful at aiming, as I always set the aiming to invert, soon as I changed it to regular, his aiming was a hell lot better. :eek7:

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
Ch3tan said:

its not a FPS game, its a Tactical 3rd person shooter :twak:

:p

I found that I havnt really picked up the control method that well compared to GRAW or Rainbow 6:Vegas was, i think its more to do with having to constantly hover over the A button makes it more awkward. I keep having to look down to remember to press the X button :eek6:

Deacan said:
Try switching between Invert/regular on the aiming.

m_pitch -0.022

heh, those were the days

Clown

Part of the furniture
XFPS360-keyboard-mouse.jpg

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
This game is incrediblé.
The train level is probably the best, seeing all of the reavers flying up into the sky was a terrific sight for some reason.

Also love the advert on TV for this game. Using Gary Jules - Mad World was an act of genius!

Aada

Part of the furniture
Dillinja said:
This game is incrediblé.
The train level is probably the best, seeing all of the reavers flying up into the sky was a terrific sight for some reason.

Also love the advert on TV for this game. Using Gary Jules - Mad World was an act of genius!

I thought Act 3 was the best when you get out of the APC in the forest the graphics were just breath taking with the light effects and the rain. That's when i really went ''wow''.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
hmmm why are do so many peeps play co-op games on casual? the game is much more better on hardcore

Yaka

Part of the furniture
why cant you join peeps who are on your buddy list when they are mping? in fact didnt the previews on various sites and mag suggest you could join people on your frinds list any time and also jump into co-op with them any time?

anyways any wana do a FH chainsaw team dm or somatin gow?

Yaka

Part of the furniture
heh with some help from Lego, we manged to co-op on hardcore preety more better not having to constantly revive dom or wondering why the fuck he isnt following you.

on the train when the beserker turns up and if he is stood near the red rocket shaped tank chuck a gren at it. makes things more simple:)

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
hardcore coop and then insane coop

the only way to go !

make sure u pick up the cog tags on the way too

Delket

One of Freddy's beloved
Need to find someone worthwhile to go through insane with :<.

Only found 12 tags so far so need them at least. (Well 13 but brother ninjaed it in Coop)

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
I completed it and only found like 4!
Whats the point in these tags? I'll eventually get 30 through playing co op enough times :p

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
Delket said:
Need to find someone worthwhile to go through insane with :<.

Only found 12 tags so far so need them at least. (Well 13 but brother ninjaed it in Coop)

well ive completed it on coop hardcore twice and insane twice now

and i whored out my services in killing general RAAM on insane about 8 times on the official xbox forums for people who just couldnt do it and wanted the achievement ;p (ive almost got it down to a t now)

im up for doing it again sometime mabye this weekend, tbh i wish there was a level higher than insane now ;D

so if anyone needs an insane partner this weekend gimmy a shout: gamertag: moo360

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
KevinUK said:
I completed it and only found like 4!
Whats the point in these tags? I'll eventually get 30 through playing co op enough times :p

nothing really but you get achievements for getting 10,20 and finally all 30

Jimmae

One of Freddy's beloved
picked this up again now..

the bats continually ripping doms head off is really starting to get on my tits, especially when it doesnt give you a checkpoint nearby

Yaka

Part of the furniture
just keep walking next check point he will be alive again

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
or play it coop

tbh coop is the way it's meant to be played imo

usually in a lot of games coop is an afterthought to single player but in this game it looks like single player is the afterthought.

Poag

m00?
Well i picked up Gears yesterday morning, about 11 i guess.

PLayed through on Hardcore, nothing required more than two attempts except Raam, who took 5 or so.

Finished it at just gone 5:30 in the evening....all in all a fun game, good to play.

I'm now gonna try getting some friends in for co-op on Live! as i'm sure it'll make it more interesting to play :)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
im up for some co-op action poag, shame there isnt a 4 peeps co-op mode as you are basicly with a squad of 4 peeps thruout the game

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
Yaka said:
im up for some co-op action poag, shame there isnt a 4 peeps co-op mode as you are basicly with a squad of 4 peeps thruout the game

There was in one of the development builds, but they took it out because of the character changes and it confused things.

Maybe for gow:episode 1, gow:episode 2, gow 2 or gow 3 :p

*yes they have planned that many

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom