Gears of war

Clown

Part of the furniture
Got it waiting for me at home :)
Glad I got the week off next week.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Me and Deacan just played through co-op on 3 chapters was fucking awsome :)

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Just played two hours through the single player campaign. Great fun, just waiting for my new HDTV to arrive next week now ;) Quite looking forward to playing Co-Op. Can you co-op over live, or is just on a local LAN?

*edit : Ignore that, just noticed there are private and public Xbox Live versions to choose from :)

*edit2 : Don't like the fact that if I want to do co-op it seems that I have to lose my current progress in single player and restart :(

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
Got my copy here but waiting until tomorrow to start playing I get the feeling it may be a long night when I get into it and I've got work tomorrow, looking forward to some co-op too :)

edit: I thought people could just drop in and out of co-op, for example you're playing single player a friend comes online you invite them into your game and just carry on, they drop out whenever they want and you just carry on again with AI taking back over???

Yaka

Part of the furniture
mine has nto arrived, seems i am cursed with x360 games i get mine days after everyone else.

how many peeps can co-op btw? just 2 or more? as by going by what ive just seen on my frindlist everyone is playing it tonite

Whipped

Part of the furniture
co-op is two people only. Seems I was wrong with losing all progress, you just lose the progress between checkpoints if you go back to the first one. Which isn't so bad :)

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
couldn't order it from the net as my card isn't working, so i'm gunna just pick it up tommorrow !

hope it was worth the wait, have had to read player reviews of it for a week while i've been waiting for it :S

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Stimpy said:
Got my copy here but waiting until tomorrow to start playing I get the feeling it may be a long night when I get into it and I've got work tomorrow, looking forward to some co-op too :)

edit: I thought people could just drop in and out of co-op, for example you're playing single player a friend comes online you invite them into your game and just carry on, they drop out whenever they want and you just carry on again with AI taking back over???

It says in the manual, when you are playing single player, you can send a game invite to a friend and if he accepts, the game will turn into co-op.

Anyways, the game is a awesome experience and the co-op is absolutely fantastic.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Out of curiosity, who went for the standard game and who went for the Collectors Tin? I used some Game reward points and a voucher and got the Tin for the same price as the game. The art book in the tin surprised me. I was expecting a few postcards, not a very well put together hard back book.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
After the Dead Rising tin cracked my disc, I got the standard game.

I really wish the limited edition cases came with more than a making of DvD and artbook.

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
I cant believe GAME charge £10 more for the collectors edition, shopto.net charge £2 more making the collectors = £39.99!!

I dont work for them, I just love shopto.net thats all :p

GoW is probably the first xbox game I will play lots of online, its only now that Gold membership is worth it.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I don't think an extra £10 is worth a poxy book you will only look at once, but that's just me.

Bought them in the past and after abit i think ''wtf did i pay extra for a dvd/artbook that cost around 20p for then to make.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
got the spec edition and its preety cack,

anyways the game lookes uber over vga and 1080p:)

my only gripe with this game is the team mate ai. when your shooting they run into your fire, and then just scream flank right and run into the open.

still watching em chainsaw bayonet someone more or less makes up for it

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
YOu bastards.

Made me buy this before I was ready. Got bloody loads of games to play and now this has shot to the top of the pile.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Ch3tan said:
YOu bastards.

Made me buy this before I was ready. Got bloody loads of games to play and now this has shot to the top of the pile.

I know how you feel i still have 2-3 games with the wrapper/seal on still

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Got Smackdown 07 to play (which is really, really good), pro evo and now this!

Not to mention dark crusade on the pc :/

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Aada said:
Well A is for cover so there is a reason why you press that button alot. The people who are saying the game is boring from my point of view are run and gunners not tactical players. There is no strafing/bunny hopping or any of that shit.

Online is pretty awsome my first game i got my ass handed to me think i got like 1 kill in 19 rounds. Online is a totally different experience and is really tactical running out in the open and doing a spray and pray will result in you dieing very quickly.

My next game was a little different i played a stealth game where i went round the back of the opponents and whipped out my trusty chainsaw and thrust it into each and every single one of those bitches :D.

One map i really enjoyed was a train station each side starts on either platform all of i a sudden i heard this noise it was a train and it was coming fast i look onto the tracks and i see a COG (human, i was the Locust) and he is running for his life to the other side.. then splat his body is all over the tracks lol.

I am really suprised how well the multiplayer is done there is no lag, no problem connecting to a game and the graphics are exactly the same! none of this GRAW bs toning the graphics down to xbox1 standard. Framerate runs a great pace haven't noticed a dip yet in multiplayer. Althought in some scenes in singleplayer it has dropped once or twice.

Overall i think the game is fucking great it shows what the 360 can do if done well and it gives a great experience. The game is alot of move to one area clear enemys and rinse/repeat but if you like a tactical shooter then i think you will love the game. Run and gunners will not like it tbh as it requires alot of pressing A to run to cover.

You've made me very happy I can't play this game. Tactical shooters = teh suxxx.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Bodhi said:
You've made me very happy I can't play this game. Tactical shooters = teh suxxx.

why you be player hating, dog?

Aada

Part of the furniture
Bodhi said:

Spray and Pray eh? don't worry those players normally do hate tactical shooters because they get fucking owned when they can't bunny hop and do all that strafing shit.

You = Nub

Bodhi

Aada said:
Spray and Pray eh? don't worry those players normally do hate tactical shooters because they get fucking owned when they can't bunny hop and do all that strafing shit.

You = Nub

Nah I'd just rather spend my time in game killing rather than sneaking around like a faggot.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Bodhi said:
Nah I'd just rather spend my time in game killing rather than sneaking around like a faggot.
While I do agree that GOW looks lame, you must take that back as Splinter Cell/MGS are awesome.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
Got GoW on friday but only had a chance to play it today for a couple of hours and all I can say is W0W MATEs! it's one of the best games i've ever played, it's so gripping and thrilling playing it! like being part of a movie!

Aada

Part of the furniture
~Latency~ said:
Got GoW on friday but only had a chance to play it today for a couple of hours and all I can say is W0W MATEs! it's one of the best games i've ever played, it's so gripping and thrilling playing it! like being part of a movie!

I get the whole Predator/Aliens vibe when i'm playing it :) crack unit of commandos, one huge black guy who could rip a guys arms off and the music to match.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
This is the first FPS i've played on a console and i'm finding it very hard to play with a joypad, which is leading to a fair amount of frustration.

Will it work with keyboard and mouse?

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
360 doesn't support KB/Mouse, not for games anyway, if it did then you would have the whole problem of playing online some on Joypads some on KB/Mouse - personally I'd like it to support it for single player but not online but either way I'm really enjoying GOW - awesome game it's just so cinemtaic and the visuals wow wow wow :)

Bodhi

nath said:
While I do agree that GOW looks lame, you must take that back as Splinter Cell/MGS are awesome.

Splinter Cell sucked ass. Needed more guns, blood and destruction. MGS I'll let you have, even tho I could never get into it meself.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Stimpy said:
360 doesn't support KB/Mouse, not for games anyway, if it did then you would have the whole problem of playing online some on Joypads some on KB/Mouse - personally I'd like it to support it for single player but not online but either way I'm really enjoying GOW - awesome game it's just so cinemtaic and the visuals wow wow wow :)

FFXI supports keyboard.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Bodhi said:
Splinter Cell sucked ass. Needed more guns, blood and destruction. MGS I'll let you have, even tho I could never get into it meself.
I am of course utterly shocked that that's your opinion :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom