Gears of war

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
Ok Ok I meant for fps games and so on as it would give an unfair advantage to the people on the KB/Mouse - obviously for mmporgs you are going to beable to use them as you need to type replys and so on.

Also there is actually a KB/Mouse adaptor out for the 360 though I'm not sure if it works on everything.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Because aiming with a mouse is fuckloads easier than it is with a joypad.

Clown

Part of the furniture
Who would be forcing those people to use the joypad if they didn't want to use a keyboard?

Aada

Part of the furniture
nath said:
Because aiming with a mouse is fuckloads easier than it is with a joypad.

True but once you are used to the Joypad it isn't that hard to aim at all.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
right, this game is amazing. Going to have to convince meg to get it so we can co-op :)

Starman

Part of the furniture
Feel free to invite me Ch3tan :)

But yes I will slap meg as well.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
K, let me get abit better at it, then i'll invite you when I'm ready :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Aada said:
True but once you are used to the Joypad it isn't that hard to aim at all.
Granted - but the fact remains, anyone even remotely competent with a mouse/keyboard is going to be much better than the most hardcore of joypad players. The accuracy is just not there with the joypad.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
If anyone wants to co-op, just add my gamertag.

Then send a msg.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Well I went over to the darkside today.

Got a premium xbox, gears of war and pes6 for £279.99. Not bad to be honest.

Anyone who says this game is overrated is lying. It truly is fucking fantastic. Can't wait until my broadband is reprovided so I can kick some live arse.

/edit

I haven't opened PES and it's rubbish on the xbox360. That'll be getting traded in for dead rising or GRAW.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
there is kb/mouse dongle coming out soon like the joyfrag for the xbox.

anyways my fave bit was the beserker and making him ram the walls. enjoyed that alot.

major crap thing is dom, at night the Pitch Black type birdey things always gets the **** as he strays to far from the lighted areas alot

anyone who wants to co-op gime an invite, my tags Yaka 07

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Yes, dom is absolutely useless when played by AI, playin coop and having dom played by a real person makes so much difference to the game.

Aada

Part of the furniture
leggy said:
Well I went over to the darkside today.

Got a premium xbox, gears of war and pes6 for £279.99. Not bad to be honest.

Anyone who says this game is overrated is lying. It truly is fucking fantastic. Can't wait until my broadband is reprovided so I can kick some live arse.

/edit

I haven't opened PES and it's rubbish on the xbox360. That'll be getting traded in for dead rising or GRAW.

Fed up of waiting for that overpriced Mean Lean Fat Grilling machine eh?

I would get Dead Rising over GRAW they are both good but i think DR has more replayability then GRAW.

Aada

Part of the furniture
~Latency~ said:
ranked games online don't work!? gay

I've had no trouble connecting or hosting games, even got my host 50 games achievement :).

I think this game is awsome online haven't really stopped playing it over the weekend the combat is just awsome when you're giving you're team mates cover fire so they can move up.

Starman

Part of the furniture
~Latency~, ranked games do work just the listing takes around 60 seconds to appear.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Aada said:
Fed up of waiting for that overpriced Mean Lean Fat Grilling machine eh?

I would get Dead Rising over GRAW they are both good but i think DR has more replayability then GRAW.

I had no intention of buying a PS3 this year or next. I was waiting for the Wii but after reading some of the launch reviews I decided to wait and try it first.

I would still be waiting if Gears of War hadn't been released on friday.

I am very tempted by dead rising though. Looks like seriously good fun.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
leggy said:
I am very tempted by dead rising though. Looks like seriously good fun.

it is :) you should get DR before GRAW.

leggy

Probably Scottish
nath said:
Where from?

Brand new from Gamestation. They had a deal on all weekend. Not sure if it's still running.

They also have another deal.

£339 for

Xbox Premium
Gears of War
PES6
CoD3
PGR3

(20 clams for another wireless controller)

Also a good deal but was slightly out of my budget that day. I was only really interested in Gears anyway.

Jorge Regula

Fledgling Freddie
I don't often post on here, but I picked up GoW a few days ago and don't have any mates with a 360.

If anyone fancies a co-op run look up Five Of Wands :)

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
nath said:
Hmmmmm. I shall give it some thought.

game also do something similar, at least here. 2 wireless controllers, premium pack, 2 games you cant choose then 2 games from a wide selection for £20 each

tris-

shold of also stated the price is 340 for all that.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Clarify the last bit - 340 then you get the option to buy another two games for 20 each, or you get another two games that are worth 20 each?

tris-

nath said:
Clarify the last bit - 340 then you get the option to buy another two games for 20 each, or you get another two games that are worth 20 each?

you get to choose 2 games (from a list of around 12)and pay £20 each for them instead of the usual instore price of £50. when i went for the offer, a month or so ago, some of the games were decent and quite high in the charts, some of the others were a bit sucky.

so when i say the price was 340, it was £300 for the pack (2 games, unable to be chosen, premium console, extra wireless controller) and £40 for two games of my choice (from the list ofc). you could, if you want, just buy one game at £20 but the max you can buy is two. seemed like good economics to me to buy two of em.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah sounds decent enough if the games are good. Hrmmm.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Thats the deal i bought, except the two extra games i chose were not on the list and so i (read Yoni) paid £364

Those two games being Need for speed carbon and Dead rising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom