Gamestop reliable for shipping outside US?

E

envenom

bah i wish i knew a rough time of when the guy was coming doh

F

Faeldawn

My package seems to have gone backwards from Derby to East Midlands airport :)

E

envenom

nah i think they just try to confuse u mate mine said i on delivery then it said about 1min later that it was on import scan heh

S

sheepsteak

Deady post some screens to tie us over. I keep looking out the window every time I hear a car door shut :D

E

envenom

LOL stop it man i keep doing that i even look out the window everytime i hear what sounds like a van engine :p

E

envenom

presumebly they stop deliverin around 6pm only 7 hours or so to go to wait thats even if they do deliver it man this is torture

E

envenom

oh btw look for a brownish van/mini truck type thing im sure to hell ive seen em delivering before

E

envenom

UPS GUY JUST RANG ME AND TOLD ME HES ON HIS WAY THATS SERVICE!!

D

Durzel

Originally posted by Deady
i JUST got it delivered by a nice UPS man, i greeted him half naked and signed some electronic pad thing while half asleep with only half my signature because i didnt press down hard enough ;p

but be warned! He wanted £17.30 on the spot for import charges and "broker surcharges".

AND he didnt have any change - he could take a cheque or he could "come back tomorrow" when i had the right change.
Jesus christ, £17.30 ??

It already cost £41!

I've only got my debit card on me, and there isn't much chance of me being able to get to the bank before lunchtime.

(I'm gonna play on Eclipse too I think, I'll let you know what I'm called once I've secured my name :p)

E

envenom

yeah its £17.30 exactly the guy told me on the phone heh

this is the most expensive game ive bought lol and the the most sort after i mean we have all gone to the trouble of shipping it half way around the world to us weird huh? :p

S

sheepsteak

Originally posted by envenom
UPS GUY JUST RANG ME AND TOLD ME HES ON HIS WAY THATS SERVICE!!

That was just me. Sorry, I didn't mean to get you all excited.

E

envenom

oh really? expect 2 beefy blokes knocking on your door ready to lynch you :p

D

Durzel

Quick update...

Just received mine from UPS.. didn't pay a penny for import duty/VAT or "broker surcharges". Bloke handed me the package, I signed the electronic thing and he left.

Sorry to hear that you did. :(

S

SilverHood

bet 2 UPS drivers are enjoying a doughnut laughing at suckers! :eek:

S

SilverHood

at work atm, so wont know until I get home... or I might call home at lunch :)

C

.Cask

Jun 30, 2003 11:09 A.M. CARDIFF, GB RECEIVER NOT IN ON 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT

Muhh been sitting at home all day. USA to Cardiff in 3 days and they fuck it up at the final hurdle, gg.

D

Durzel

<stereotype>too busy shagging sheep huhuhu</stereotype>

D

Durzel

Originally posted by .Cask
Jun 30, 2003 11:09 A.M. CARDIFF, GB RECEIVER NOT IN ON 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT

Muhh been sitting at home all day. USA to Cardiff in 3 days and they fuck it up at the final hurdle, gg.
I'd give them a call, they obviously don't know where your house is. :(

C

.Cask

Yer he didn't even leave a note so dunno what he was doing.

Gave em a call and he said I should expect a call back within the hour (hur hur).

C

.Cask

Wahoo got it. Had to chase the van down the road but I caught him :)

Oh I didn't have to pay that duty thing either, had a cheque ready made out but he just handed me the box.

F

Faeldawn

Jun 30, 2003 8:54 A.M. BARKING, GB ROUTED INCORRECTLY AT UPS FACILITY;PKG HAS BEEN REROUTED TO DESTINATION
1:09 A.M. EAST MIDLANDS AIRPOR, GB IMPORT SCAN
Jun 29, 2003 10:38 P.M. DERBY, GB ARRIVAL SCAN
10:39 A.M. PHILADELPHIA, PA, US DEPARTURE SCAN
Jun 28, 2003 7:51 A.M. PHILADELPHIA, PA, US ARRIVAL SCAN
6:18 A.M. LOUISVILLE, KY, US DEPARTURE SCAN
5:33 A.M. LOUISVILLE, KY, US DEPARTURE SCAN
1:18 A.M. LOUISVILLE, KY, US ARRIVAL SCAN
Jun 27, 2003 10:32 P.M. DALLAS/FT. WORTH A/P, TX, US DEPARTURE SCAN
10:12 P.M. US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
7:02 P.M. DALLAS/FT. WORTH A/P, TX, US ORIGIN SCAN

:(

S

stu

Just checked mine, Unshipped (Back Order). Was listed as In Stock when I ordered on Friday.

So looks like I won't be playing it any time soon.

B

benedictines

Ordered Friday
Letter arived (I was out at work) Monday (beat that for service)

Surcharge of £20.07 - I kid you not ...

Anyway - hoping they will stick it in the garage with my cheque pinned to the door ;-)

J

jimbo555

I ordered mine from game.uk.com , and it doens't look very hopefull. I placed my order on the 24th, its now the 1st of july and my order's status is
"Your order has been received and is currently awaiting authorisation or release. "

The game is released on the 26th, why havn't they processed my order.

Well, they've lost my custom for the future.

Hope you guys get your copies soon, i know i wont =/

S

stu

SWG isn't released in the UK until Boxing Day. game.uk.com is a UK retailer. Go on, put 2 and 2 together...

E

Ebonn

Date Time Location Service Area Checkpoint Details

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 26, 2003 18:00 Toronto - Canada Shipment picked up

June 26, 2003 20:11 Toronto - Canada Transferred through Toronto - Canada

June 26, 2003 23:32 Toronto - Canada Departed from DHL facility in Toronto - Canada

June 27, 2003 01:22 Cincinnati Hub, OH - USA Arrived at DHL facility in Cincinnati Hub - USA

June 27, 2003 03:13 Cincinnati Hub, OH - USA Clearance processing complete at Cincinnati Hub - USA

June 27, 2003 10:55 Cincinnati Hub, OH - USA Transferred through Cincinnati Hub - USA

June 27, 2003 23:34 East Midlands - UK Processed for clearance at East Midlands - UK

June 30, 2003 08:18 East Midlands - UK Shipment on hold

July 01, 2003 04:11 East Midlands - UK Clearance processing complete at East Midlands - UK

July 01, 2003 04:11 East Midlands - UK Departed from DHL facility in East Midlands - UK

July 01, 2003 06:51 Reading - UK Arrived at DHL Facility

:clap:

D

Durzel

I'm assuming thats with dvdboxoffice? How long ago did you order if you dont mind me asking?

Incidentally, I cancelled my order from GAME after it was evident that they weren't getting the game until the same time as Amazon - i.e. 26th December.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom