Gamestop reliable for shipping outside US?

E

envenom

hi just ordered a copy of SWG from Gamestop anyone ordered from there from the uk before? if so how long roughly did it take to arrive cheers

D

Durzel

Mines on order from them, and I've been told it will ship tomorrow.
Dear valued GameStop.com customer,

Thank you for writing to us at GameStop.com

Unfortunately all international orders for this prerelease game will be
shipped a day behind the rest. This item should ship out on the 26th and
arrive to you shortly after. We apologize for any delays and value your
continued support.

We value your business and hope to see you again soon at GameStop.com.

S

SilverHood

I ordered mine form them too... not heard anything bad about them, and they said they still had SWG in stock

:D

S

sheepsteak

best email evar.

Date: 6/26/2003
Order: ...............................

Your order shipped on 6/26/2003.

For current tracking on your order, please click here:
http://wwwapps.ups.com/etracking/tracking.cgi?InquiryNumber1=.....................................

Please note that the airbill number will generally not be available to the carrier's tracking system until after 9 PM Central Standard Time. If you get an invalid message by clicking on the link above, try again after 9 PM Central Standard Time.

NOTE: Weekends do not count as shipping days. For example, 2-day shipments sent on a Thursday will not arrive until Monday.

If you have any questions about your order, please contact us by sending an email to: orders@gamestop.com

Thank you for shopping at GameStop.com.
The World's Largest Selection of Gaming Products!

Special Note: Your shipment may arrive in a non-GameStop.com box. Don't worry! We sometimes ship products in non-GameStop.com boxes for increased security, to protect your valuable purchase.

Now for the waiting game. I get my uni results at 7pm and this on Monday(probably).

D

Durzel

I got that email today too :D

After contacting a few companies and being told that I wouldn't get an order in the first batch, I was sceptical about whether or not Gamestop genuinely had enough to cover continental US and International orders.

Seems they did though! :cheers:

S

sheepsteak

Good innit!

I keep looking at the tracking page. Mine is currently lingering on the East Coast in Philidelphia. I'm expecting it on Monday.

E

envenom

yeah i got that today too but saturdays and sundays dont count as delivery days so ppl in the uk wont get it till tuesday wensday imo

U

Urme the Legend

I ordered from EBgames.com and it says On Hold :( .. I live in Sweden.

And from gamestop.com you can only order 1 copy at the same time... hmm.. sucks.

P

pilia

Originally posted by Urme the Legend
I ordered from EBgames.com and it says On Hold :( .. I live in Sweden.

And from gamestop.com you can only order 1 copy at the same time... hmm.. sucks.

You'll get an email from them,to confirm the order.
With some bla bla about difficulty checking overseas banking bla bla.

Took 2 days after that to check them it seems,since its shipped now :)

F

Faeldawn

Is the US version going to be different to the Euro version?

Still pondering buying the game from the US, from what i can gather it seems to be the only way to play.

Also curious as to what prices you guys have been quoted in the UK for delivery.

E

envenom

well at first i ordered from www.dvdboxoffice.com and i had to pay $70.98 for the game+shipping and all the rest of it.

Yesterday i went to www.gamestop.com and i got charged $65.98 which is roughly £40 and add to the fact they had them in stock and is on its way to me as we speak is also great customer service.

its also pretty cheap i was expecting to pay way more

D

Durzel

Originally posted by envenom
well at first i ordered from www.dvdboxoffice.com and i had to pay $70.98 for the game+shipping and all the rest of it.

Yesterday i went to www.gamestop.com and i got charged $65.98 which is roughly £40 and add to the fact they had them in stock and is on its way to me as we speak is also great customer service.

its also pretty cheap i was expecting to pay way more
That's $70.98 Canadian dollars remember, big difference.

That's around £32 by my rough calculations.

E

envenom

ah fek it lol all i know is i had enough cash on me CC lol

D

Durzel

According to UPS website:

Code:
Jun 26, 2003    8:34 P.M.    DALLAS/FT. WORTH A/P, TX, US    ORIGIN SCAN 
Jun 27, 2003    8:45 P.M.    DERBY, GB    ARRIVAL SCAN
1 day and its travelled from the US to the UK - that's pretty efficient in my book! I presume I will receive this on Monday now, I don't suppose they do Saturday deliveries. Gamestop "International Economy" is definitely recommended.

E

envenom

mine is still stuck in Louisville (US) presumably its an Airport as its been there most of the day.

Did anyone elses copy get put in Louisville for abit?

Mind you it didn't start its half way around the world trip until today :)

S

SilverHood

can I just say OH MY FUCKING GOD @ the service

ordered it thursday.... it got shipped THURDAY NIGHT!!!

and is now sitting in Derby....

fucking hell, now thats what I call service!!!

SWG by monday

and the sad fact of life..... I start work full time on monday

*cries*

O

old.Styx

Hopefully mine will arrive monday also. Funnily i'm starting to feel ill, don't think i'll be able to go into work monday

E

envenom

mines still stuck at the fuckin USA fucking delivery driver is having a really long fucking Dougnout break fat bastard

S

sheepsteak

Just checked my tracking thing and it said it has arrived. Its annoying to think its only a couple of miles away and I can't play it :(

Should be a good day tomorrow.

O

old.Styx

Seems UPS dont work weekends in the UK. Less than 24 hrs for the game to get from Texas to Derby and it's been sitting in arrival scan at Derby ever since (8.45 friday night).
Guess it'll be tuesday before i see it

D

Deady

Mines been sitting in Philadelphia for 24 hours.

It seems theres a cut off point on a sunday where all packages just dont move after a certain time.

S

sheepsteak

Originally posted by old.Styx
Seems UPS dont work weekends in the UK. Less than 24 hrs for the game to get from Texas to Derby and it's been sitting in arrival scan at Derby ever since (8.45 friday night).
Guess it'll be tuesday before i see it

I thought that but then as I say above I checked it this morning and it said it had reached its destination. I'm sure UPS use a UK company to get stuff moved around the UK. You probably live further away from Derby than me. I live in Middlesbrough so mine will have arrived using an express service with the cocaine and heroine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom