Games Master

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Where the hell did this TV show go? I remember watching it about 7 years ago. I still see the magazine in the shops but where's the show? =(

Gifv good gaming shows in the UK! >.<

Anyone remember the old dude? :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Aye, my old mate Danny Curly (UK games champion early 90's) used to be on that show alot, it was never the same though after Domonic Diamond left and that Dexter Fletcher twat took over. Oh and please God I hope no one has a video of my appearance on the show in 1994 :p

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Captain Nintendo? or some show I haven't seen? :>

pixieblue

Fledgling Freddie
I remember watching a repeat of it on ?Challenge channel, was Late at night/Early Morning time.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
cHodAX said:
Patrick Moore, still alive and kicking :)
rofl me and the bf went to his home town and tried to track him down, went looking for a house with a big observatory in garden but no joy :(

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Gamesmaster and Bad Influence were both on about 10 years ago... and since then there's been no decent games program on TV. Pretty strange as games are alot more popular now(though I don't watch TV anymore, so I've probably missed something :p ).

Cybernet was pretty good too, though for a program which uses a name like that and airs at 2am, you'd expect something better oO

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
it had to end as the floaty head guy' disability got worse untill his head could no longer float and he had to be euthanised :(

Bahumat

FH is my second home
type in google "Patrick moore plays the xylaphone"

not sure if i spelt it right.

oh and Domonic Diamond writes for Edge computer multiformat mag thingy

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Domonic Diamond is funnier now that he's a fat middle-aged balding guy than when he was younger imo. He's on When Games Attack on Bravo pretty much every day. It's quite a good show, quite funny sometimes.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:
Domonic Diamond is funnier now that he's a fat middle-aged balding guy than when he was younger imo. He's on When Games Attack on Bravo pretty much every day. It's quite a good show, quite funny sometimes.

An ex workmate of mine pushed DD into urinal while he was trying to pee at E3 or was it ECTS.. shouting 'you complete wanker'. Wish I had done it myself.

tbh I wish we had ONE decent computer games show on the telly, Ive watched a few 'when games attack' and theres really fuck all coverage of games, its just the Domonic Diamond show. How usefull is rating two games on 3 catagories really, or doing a head to head with two spotty kids who cant play some racing game for toffee anyway..

Gamesmaster was shite too, but better than Domonic Diamond by a big margin.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
You want games coverage, go read a PC Gamer or look at some review website. The show is supposed to be entertaining, and most of the time it is.

As for pushing him into a urinal and calling him 'a complete wanker', if that is true, your mate sounds like some retarded drunken essex boy. Hopefully Dom Diamond turned around and floored him afterwards, now that would be funny.

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
what was the show with violet berlin in it?

I vaguely remember her being included in one of the micro machine games

DD is a tosser boni ur right m8 sickens me to have met the dude and hes a big a knob in RL lol

There used to be a good scottish games prog with 3 really tasty burds in knee highs who used to do game reviews and thigns i remember trying to chat one of them up about 5 years ago rofl!!!!!!!!

They used to stay just down the street from my old west end flat

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
oblimov said:

DD is a tosser boni ur right m8 sickens me to have met the dude and hes a big a knob in RL lol

There used to be a good scottish games prog with 3 really tasty burds in knee highs who used to do game reviews and thigns i remember trying to chat one of them up about 5 years ago rofl!!!!!!!!

Aye im with you there, that program was shallow and crap too, but I would rather stare that them 3 'burds' as you put it than DD making crap jokes.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:
You want games coverage, go read a PC Gamer or look at some review website. The show is supposed to be entertaining, and most of the time it is.

The trouble with games mages as anyone in the industry will tell you is they are pretty much all owned and paid for. After seeing the process of 'negotiating' a review score for a PC games review first hand i resolved never to buy a PC mag again and I havent...

TV channels have the opportunity to make an independant show which could cover the games indsutry from a point of maturity... Take for example music and films, there are sophisticated adult shows that let us know whats comming up (john ross, barry norman, any number of adult music shows), but for computer games (an industry that makes more $ than these two put together) all we get is the equivalent of 'Smash hits'.

I disagree that a balding fat man with two shoddy hand puppets is 'entertainemnt', we got hundreds of channels to chose from these days, I can find entertainement elsewhere, even Patric Moore playing the xylophone or some brainless girls with more tits than knowledge of computer games works for me.

If you like DD then I guess its entertinement for you , and thats just difference of oppinion/tastes etc, but surely you can see that beyond the hand puppets and stupid old man there is feck all coverage of games, and it is just the DD show, not really anything more.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
oblimov said:

That one was crap too! can't even remember what it was called, but Mortal Kombat(the series) was on back then, which was my excuse for watching channel 4 :p Violet was in Bad Influence and a dodgy show a few years later on Bravo, I think...

Games mags sell >90% scores for exclusives. They're just promotional material for big publishers now. PC Zone used to be good about 7 years ago, but all magazines sold out when they got confused by their own hype for Black & White and gave it top scores :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom