Sex Best games for playing right now?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm in a gaming funk. I think gaming (really really fun gaming) stopped about 15 years ago. And in general I think the industry have been going through the motions.

Other than Dead Cells (which I advise everyone to buy and give a few hours with a controller - it's an absolute joy of rewarding game design once you get into it) and a few other indy titles I'm out of sorts with what to play.

So recommendations? Not necessarily PC - but preferably (selfishly).

Onus would be on stuff people can pick up and play for an hour and aren't going to be life-sucking subscription-based MMO's. :)

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Total War: Warhammer 2 is free to try this weekend on steam. It is a tonne of fun, easy to learn, hard to master. Not sure about just an hour though. It has a bad case of "just one more turn", and I find myself playing to 1-2AM far too often.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
My lockdown most played have been the following -

For some base building and the best Early Access game I've played so far:

Satisfactory - Great graphics and very polished. Only on Epic Store atm, comes out on Steam soon-ish. If I had to pick one this would be it for it's ability to rapidly burn through your free time.

For some shooty bang-bang splat:

Control
Doom Eternal

For something completely different and chilled

Outer Wilds
Heaven's Vault

An old game revisited

Skyrim SE - I went full-on with the latest mods and it's been fun.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Definitely Doom Eternal. I'm stuck at the moment but refuse to lower the difficulty so I have a couple of stabs at a particular scrap and then invariably die and rage quit until the next time. It's brilliant though and perfect for just picking up, blasting away for however long you want and then putting down again. I've never cared less about the lore in a game but there's plenty of stuff to go back and find when you've finished a level.

I'll throw Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition into the hat as well. It's so much more than the shoddy HD edition which was released a while ago.

TheDoon

Can't get enough of FH
Rocket League, easy to pick up and play while also having a very high skill ceiling. quick 5 min games. totally replaced fifa/pes for me.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Been playing Remnant from the Ashes. The community seems decent, played open group and people keep joining and helping out, getting geared up. Bloody hard solo especially the bosses if you don't take care of adds.
Destiny 2, The Division 2, Borderlands 3, also have XCom Chimera and Outriders paid for to try out.

I have not played WoW since I had connection issues to their servers back in Nov. May drop into that if it works.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Rocket League, easy to pick up and play while also having a very high skill ceiling. quick 5 min games. totally replaced fifa/pes for me.
Love RL but not played for ages. Problem I have now is that my main PC is in Nottingham and it won't work via steam streaming (I can get CIV 6 to work reasonably well tho)?

Anyone any suggestions for stuff they've played on low graphics rigs (other than FTL and Into The Breach - both of which are also cool).

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
If CIV6 works then maybe series like Divinity and Divinity2 and XCOM 1 & 2

Oxygen Not Included possibly

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I'll throw Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition into the hat as well. It's so much more than the shoddy HD edition which was released a while ago.
+1

Loving it. Been beating my 11yo on it. He's so shit :) I beat him with just villagers last week although I was playing as Spanish and Spanish villagers with Supremacy tech are fucking monsters.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Also, if you want something different. Try Katana Zero.

Oh, and Doki Doki Literature Club.

Two games to weird you out :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Lovin metro exodus which was half price on steam. But not really low gfx. But stardew valley if you havent played it already is good chilled gaming and low res. Or maybe wastelands 2

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Love RL but not played for ages. Problem I have now is that my main PC is in Nottingham and it won't work via steam streaming (I can get CIV 6 to work reasonably well tho)?

Anyone any suggestions for stuff they've played on low graphics rigs (other than FTL and Into The Breach - both of which are also cool).

Games I play on my laptop when I travel:
Crying Suns - Like a bigger more in depth version of FTL, I enjoyed it a lot
Offworld Trading Company - It's an intense resource race with some cool twists on the RTS genre.
Wadjet Eye Games - Low tech old school style adventure games. I really liked Gemini Rue.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
I played through The Witcher 3 and its 2 expansions. Fun to play and coupled with an interesting story. I'd say it did me for about 60+ hours from start to finish and I was rushing through a lot of it.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm in a gaming funk. I think gaming (really really fun gaming) stopped about 15 years ago. And in general I think the industry have been going through the motions.

Other than Dead Cells (which I advise everyone to buy and give a few hours with a controller - it's an absolute joy of rewarding game design once you get into it) and a few other indy titles I'm out of sorts with what to play.

So recommendations? Not necessarily PC - but preferably (selfishly).

Onus would be on stuff people can pick up and play for an hour and aren't going to be life-sucking subscription-based MMO's. :)
Borderlands 3, Halo Collection, Monster Boy And The Cursed Kingdom, Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap, Ori & The Blind Forest, Saints Row 4, Team Sonic Racing, Wolfenstein: New Order, A Hat in Time, Tomb Raider

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom