TV Game of Thrones: Season 8

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Episode 4:

Oooh, from victory to defeat. However, when they were ambushed and Rhaegal died, why didn't she fly out of range and around the ships and burn them from behind?

And Grey Worm lives but his love is beheaded, hope he gets his revenge. Looks like next week is going to be awesome.

Favourite quote: gold plated cunts

Or why didn't she just blow up the main ship and then fly away? They missed and I doubt they reload super fast.

Gray

FH is my second home
This episode felt this way because of all the issues with it...

Sansa being told a secret and in her very next scene blabbing about said secret.
No "aftermath" to the conversations. Such as Jon telling the girls his secret, Sansa telling the secret.
Misande somehow being teleported from inside a ship to King's Landing, without her being soaked in the process.
Pissed that they have killed off another dragon. Get to fuck.
Jaime doing a 360 on his previous 360.

In fact I think the only two scenes I enjoyed were Bronn visiting - Although can't help noticing how he looked different... Either Botox or eyebrows! Don't know. But his scenes are always enjoyable.

However king of the episode - Tormund! Amazing as usual, especially when he got jibbed off. He is always a joy

Gwadien

This episode felt this way because of all the issues with it...

Sansa being told a secret and in her very next scene blabbing about said secret.
No "aftermath" to the conversations. Such as Jon telling the girls his secret, Sansa telling the secret.
Misande somehow being teleported from inside a ship to King's Landing, without her being soaked in the process.
Pissed that they have killed off another dragon. Get to fuck.
Jaime doing a 360 on his previous 360.

In fact I think the only two scenes I enjoyed were Bronn visiting - Although can't help noticing how he looked different... Either Botox or eyebrows! Don't know. But his scenes are always enjoyable.

However king of the episode - Tormund! Amazing as usual, especially when he got jibbed off. He is always a joy

Tormund is totally going to be the Gandalf at the Battle of Helms Deep.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Meh

I wonder if Amazon sell drinking horns...

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Tormund is totally going to be the Gandalf at the Battle of Helms Deep.

Man, I'm curious as to what role he will be playing when and if something unforeseen is about to take place up north.

Also. Fuck all the bedroom-talk in the latest episode. Jeesus, the writing is on par with your ordinary soap opera + grand speeches with no clever foreshadowing or finesse.
Bronn being Bronn is always enjoyable, and Clegane as well.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Why didn’t Bran foresee the ambush?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Honestly Bran is the most disappointing part of all of this. This amazing ability he has and he spends all his time as if the people around him don't deserve his help. He should be warging all over the place to try and help the effort. I don't know what the "rules" are... if he could warg into wights or White Walkers, that might've been handy too.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Honestly Bran is the most disappointing part of all of this. This amazing ability he has and he spends all his time as if the people around him don't deserve his help. He should be warging all over the place to try and help the effort. I don't know what the "rules" are... if he could warg into wights or White Walkers, that might've been handy too.
Dude lives mostly in the past and varging ravens. Tbh if I knew everything of the past, I'd spend very little time in the present too.

(Bran's storyline has been shit since s1e1*)

*Except the bit where Hodor's story was revealed

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Episode 4 sucked.
Dunno. It was kinda predictable, but shit needed to move down south.

What I laugh about is all the feminists and minority campaigners are up in arms saying it's disgusting how characters are being treated and that it's all a symbol of the patriarchy. :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Dunno. It was kinda predictable, but shit needed to move down south.

What I laugh about is all the feminists and minority campaigners are up in arms saying it's disgusting how characters are being treated and that it's all a symbol of the patriarchy. :)

I know. The whole "they're being mean to POCs/Women" thing is the most fucking retarded thing I've ever heard. I

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I know. The whole "they're being mean to POCs/Women" thing is the most fucking retarded thing I've ever heard. I
I think it's quite good that they are acknowledging that Westeros has sexism and racism. They acknowledged anti-dwarfism from the start.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I think it's quite good that they are acknowledging that Westeros has sexism and racism. They acknowledged anti-dwarfism from the start.

Being a dwarf is not all bad, means you don't have to go down.... You go up :) @Jupitus can fill us in on the specifics.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
"Oh noes, a made up fantasy world treats women badly and people of colour are mostly slaves! Shame on the white men living in the real world!"

Sorry, what?

Gwadien

Great episode apart from

What's with the inconsistency of the Dragons? 1 gets killed by a single spear, another gets ambushed by 3 boats, but then the last wipes out a fleet and a city pretty much on its own.

I also wish Arya had an pointless death, just got hit by a stray bit of rubble.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Great episode apart from

What's with the inconsistency of the Dragons? 1 gets killed by a single spear, another gets ambushed by 3 boats, but then the last wipes out a fleet and a city pretty much on its own.

I also wish Arya had an pointless death, just got hit by a stray bit of rubble.
That's easy. This time she and Drogon were prepared, the came in high and then kept low and altered her attack so the scorpions could not be locked onto them quick enough and once she took out the fleet the city was extremely vulnerable.

Tyrion saying goodbye to Jamie was touching, Varys was right all the time, what a cruel way to go but what a superb piece of TV when Drogon appears from the darkness to deliver her sentence. I just really fucking loved this episode and the music was on point as well.

Going to watch it again later.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
That's easy. This time she and Drogon were prepared, the came in high and then kept low and altered her attack so the scorpions could not be locked onto them quick enough and once she took out the fleet the city was extremely vulnerable.

Tyrion saying goodbye to Jamie was touching, Varys was right all the time, what a cruel way to go but what a superb piece of TV when Drogon appears from the darkness to deliver her sentence. I just really fucking loved this episode and the music was on point as well.

Going to watch it again later.
Not sure I'm on board with this one. The whole Jamie/Cersei piece was a massive let down. They've switched Daenerys personality far too quickly. I think this has set things up for the final episode to be very underwhelming :(

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
There's going to be a really awkward conversation in involving Dany and pretty much everyone else who's still alive next week. Let's just hope it's not a 90 minute conversation.

Gray

FH is my second home
Dany goes from hero to tyrant with a flick of a bell. Who exactly does she think she is going to rule by wiping out innocents? There was the quote from a few seasons (Last season?) ago about Dany not ruling the ashes... Well she just made the whole city look like Pompeii. That was a heel turn of epic proportions and not the way she has been built up over the past several seasons at all.

Cersei has been done an injustice this season. I don't mean by acting but she has done sweet FA all season barring sitting looking out the windows of Kings' Landing and snipping an ex-slaves neck. Not very good at all.

What happened to Varys was a shame, he knew what was likely to happen with Dany but she didn't want the truth to out. So Tyrion, knowing Varys was committing a form of treason grasses on Varys. Gets him executed and then proceeds to do some treason himself by releasing Jaime. I suspect Tyrion will meet a fate similar - Which in all honesty will suck dragon balls.

Jaime/Cersei scene. Nice moment, but handled wrong... The whole prophecy should have come to fruition by having Jaime end her and then perhaps die together.

Next week I think is going to be such a disappointment... They have just rushed this and are not even tying up any loose ends on the story. Things like the story across the narrow sea, Bronn not getting his fucking castle. The other houses uniting...

The one saving grace to this though was Sandor Clegane. His story from beginning of Game of Thrones to now has concluded and it was excellent. A bit far fetched that Gregor didn't die with a knife through the fucking eye/brain, but the battle was good and ended I think as it should have, with fire.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
There's going to be a really awkward conversation in involving Dany and pretty much everyone else who's still alive next week. Let's just hope it's not a 90 minute conversation.

"We did 'win', and this is not meant as critique, absolutely not. BUT, perhaps dialing down on the dragonfire a little bit? You know, the whole innocent people bit and all that.."

Non spoiler:

Disappointed actors a well:

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
People are really upset about this episode aren't they? Maybe people should think twice about investing so much in a character they name their kids after her.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The attack on King's Landing was epic, the acting/directing/cinematography/CGI/sound/etc was all top notch, it's just the writing letting it down. It's such a departure from the quality of the storytelling in previous seasons, it almost makes me want to read the books (the 6th and 7th are apparently complete but won't be published until the show finishes) to see how the actual creator of the world saw it all ending.

Looking back, you wondered how dragons could've done so much damage to Harrenhal when Jon Snow was protected by a rock but episode 5 was a real demonstration of how powerful they are as a weapon (perhaps too powerful), when they can somehow dodge every since one of those scorpion shots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom